Clinique High Lengths Mascara

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is one of two high end mascaras that I own (the other being one from bare minerals, which I've reviewed as well). At 15 bucks a tube I think it's a little ridiculous, I'm a high school student so I usually don't have the cash to spare for makeup like this. I had the woman at Sephora use this on me and it looked so awesome I caved and bought it.

You DEFINITELY get what you pay for, this is a great mascara. I use it less for lengthening purposes and more to pump up the volume in my lashes. I personally think thicker lashes are more appealing that long, spidery ones. But that's just me :)

The wand for me was a little strange at first, being so used to "teddy bear" styled ones it took some getting used to. It has a curved wand with very stubby plastic bristles.( There is a picture at the top of the page if my description makes no sense to you xD) Usually these kind of wands and my lashes don't play well together but this worked really well for me!

The product itself I find to be a bit wetter than what I usually use, and though I was skeptical it worked super well for me! My trick to prevent clumping with ALL mascaras is to scrape off the want on either the edge of the tube opening or wipe it on a no-lint tissue.

Overall I liked this product and will definitely use it up, but the chances of me re-purchasing when I enter my college years is unlikely. I'll stick to my drugstore loves :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I received this as my 100-point Beauty Insider gift from Sephora. It was good timing, too - I needed a new mascara. I really like this mascara. I have long lashes with a bit of a curl and the product really enhances it. My lashes look like false lashes and I don't even need a curler. It's very dark black, which is exactly what I like in a mascara. I even like the brush. It gets all the little lashes in the inside corner and on the bottom. Sometimes it's easy to get clumpy lashes with this, but as long as you don't apply too many coats, you're good. This also takes a little bit longer to dry than most mascaras that I've used in the past. Overall, I'm really happy with this mascara and will most likely buy a full-size tube when I finish up with the sample.

I like this mascara a lot but I should add that I don't want drama, curl or volume. I just need colour and a small amount of definition and this provides that natural effect perfectly. The odd looking brush makes it hard to apply too much product too.

it seams that everybody who tried it got it as a sample here!
Well happens to me too!
overall I quite like it, it does the job in legtheningand curling. Very natural looking!
ARTER A FEW MONTHS: i love it, I will repurchase again!

I love this mascara. It lengthens my lashes soooo much!! Just one coat is all you need. I love the brush!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really like this mascara. It's really black and totally buildable. It suits my long lashes, and, if you can believe it, it makes my lashes even longer then they are. It doesn't hold a lash curl as long as I'd like, but I love the mascara wand. It gets each lash coated equally and it doesn't clump either.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got this in a big sample when I bought other stuff.. I was really glad cause I've read really good things about it here on MA.
But.. I HATE IT!
The brush is awful!! I usually put some mascara on the back of my lashes too, and that can't be done with this one.
And it's to wet! I have long lashes but with this they look short.. and it makes a lot of clumps as well.. and it smudges.. gosh.. I hate it! Nice black color though..

Got this as GWP, and it's the first mascara sample in 10 years that actually got me to switch from Cover Girl Remarkable, my former HG. The almost bristle-less wand does take a bit of getting used to; I jabbed myself in the eyeball a few times at first, causing the mascara to bleed onto my lower lids. But now that I'm accustomed to it, I like it very much. It's the quickest and easiest-to-apply mascara I've ever used. Even one coat gives a respectable evening look, though I usually do two just because I like drama. It thickens and lengthens better than Remarkable-- my lashes actually touch my eyebrows! Lots of compliments from friends on my eyes. Dries quickly, no clumping, great defined and dramatic look. New HG!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Love the brush, but it actually made my lashes droop even more and can't really hold a curl. I had to run the comb-like brush through a couple times to get the clumps out, and cleaning the brush is just too difficult. Lengthened my lashes a bit but I have other mascaras that can do the same and keep a curl.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I had a sample of this mascara and i loved how the brush formula was so different compared to other mascaras! It makes my lashes so long and natural looking like as if i have fake lashes or something!!

Popular Mascaras