April 20, 2014 | 1740 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Smoky ShadowBlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by pissandvinegar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only reason I gave this a 3 out of 5 is because I think there is tremendous potential in the product, it just doesn't deliver. I bought the pink/dark brown one and when I first put it on I loved it. I actually enjoy how slick it is, but there's no doubt about it... it creases within 20 minutes of wearing it. I gave it another try using my Urban Decay primer and then putting it on over that and that still didn't work.... made a tiny bit of difference but not much. I also tried using a powder primer and a pink eyeshadow to try and settle it on top of the CG stuff but alas no luck. Sigh, maybe they will alter the formula a bit to get some staying power, but somehow, I doubt it!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Ambrielle15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Well, definitely not what I had in mind when I bought this. Not blendable AT ALL and greasy. I tend to use the black end as a primer for my heavier black powders and for that reason, I give it a 2 out of 5. It does hold my more glittery shadows in place, but I guess that's what happens when you put it on top of a greasy palette. I have no use for the white end... it's so cheap looking and feels disgusting on the brow bone if used as a highlighter. I will never buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2011 7:32:00 AM More reviews by katiexkaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These are not great products. Great concept but the product is so cheap that it doesnt even really apply. The tips are hard and pull your eyelids. Definitely needs improved. Limited color choices too.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by piratelass87

Dear makeupalley reviewers;

I am so sorry I did not listen when I saw that htis product only had an 8% rating. I was too stubborn and set in my ways and determined i would try this product anyway. Now as i sit here with my eye makeup running down my face I am cursing myself for not listening sooner. This is by far the worst product I have ever used. It is greasy, not that pigmented (the back barley shows up as a light grey and I do not have sensitive yes but for some reason this is making my eyes run like i'm watching the notebook or something. Also the black end broke...the first time I used it!!!!!!! I will keep it because as someone said before the white end seems like it may serve some other purposes. Please other people who come by to browse reviews before buying this product, do not make the same mistake I did and AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this from the TV ads. My hopes crashed pretty hard :(
I bought Silver Sky 805, Purple Plume 815&Bronze Fire 820.
My first attempt was Silver Sky. I loved the shimmeriness&high high pigmentation. One of the customers once complimented on it :) but as w/ all cream shadows, it creased within 2h. The colour stayed tho.
Next up were Purple Plume&Bronze Fire since Silver Sky wasn't much of daytime material. BF made my deep brown eyes brighter a little as did PP. I liked BF the best.
2 lippies cuz of creasing&for breaking after a month or so. At $9ish CDN, not worth the money

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by jbsjunkie

This is like putting lipstick on your lids. The formula is way greasy! and it wears off quickly. Also, both of my sticks broke after only a couple of uses. This is the crappiest package. Don't waste your $$! If you want a good cream shadow. Invest in some MAC paint pots. Those don't crease and blend very nicely on lids.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a waste of money! Absolute junk. I would have had more luck with a crayola crayon. It was waxy and I couldn't get the color on my eye lid and it immediately broke apart.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by sofatron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yuck. Waste of money. I really wanted to like this because the idea behind it is great - I'm a sucker for all of those easy-to-use eyeshadows. But I just couldn't like this. I used MAC prep+prime primer before putting this on, and it still creased like crazy. Didn't do anything for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by milkyjoeowns

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought two of these, one in the black and white, and one in brown, and the colors look good... For the 5 seconds they stay perfectly. It creases and smudges and feels like a lot on your eyes all day. Made me so mad!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by jyangsmiles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased the Smokey ShadowBlast in the silver/black colour.
It glides on easily, and the colours are fantastic together, but I found it to smudge easily, and crease a lot.