August 22, 2014 | 2016 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Smoky ShadowBlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by nancem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well this review is going to look like all rest. I bought this because I liked the colors. When I tried it, it went on greasy. I bought this in the winter time and as soon as I took it out of the packaging it was melting (my room is the coldest in the house). I put this over eye primer and within 10 minutes it was completly creased. This has ZERO staying power. I bought mine in a light pink and dark purple color. The pink has no color to it. I literally spent 3 minutes swiping it over my eye lid just to see some color and the purple applies like a dark brown. The lids kept falling off in my make up bag which was messy. Also the sticks are so flimsy that when I turned up the tube the purple part just fell onto my carpet and once again made a mess. I would never buy this product again, even if someone paid me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by kristin85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WORST EYESHADOW EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! i got this in a set with eye liner and mascara. i put this on for work and it was creasing before i even got to punch in! i had to wipe it off on a coffee break! I even tried eyeshadow primer under it and it still creased. i cant get over how terrible this product is! cover girl should be ashamed of this!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by macjunkie2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok,so cover girl has evolved throe out the years but this product sucks
PROS-its cheap and convenient,easy application,silky
CONS-creases,bad pigmentation,minimal staying power,bad packaging

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by alee26

I brought this product before I knew about MUA. If I would have known about the site before, I would have avoided this product entirely! I got pulled in by the commercial with Drew Barrymore and thought it looked great, but failed to realize that companies will always use other products along with the one shown to create the look. It is another product that is too gimmicky. I like the idea, it seems like you can create the perfect quick smokey eye on the go, but the pigmentation and formula of these shadows just crease so badly! I tried everything! Primers, concealers, foundations over eyelid and applied the shadow stick, but nothing I did would prevent the shadow from creasing and fading within 20min of application. The colours look nice and have good combinations but that's about it. Avoid this one ladies and save your money for something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by pissandvinegar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only reason I gave this a 3 out of 5 is because I think there is tremendous potential in the product, it just doesn't deliver. I bought the pink/dark brown one and when I first put it on I loved it. I actually enjoy how slick it is, but there's no doubt about it... it creases within 20 minutes of wearing it. I gave it another try using my Urban Decay primer and then putting it on over that and that still didn't work.... made a tiny bit of difference but not much. I also tried using a powder primer and a pink eyeshadow to try and settle it on top of the CG stuff but alas no luck. Sigh, maybe they will alter the formula a bit to get some staying power, but somehow, I doubt it!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Ambrielle15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Well, definitely not what I had in mind when I bought this. Not blendable AT ALL and greasy. I tend to use the black end as a primer for my heavier black powders and for that reason, I give it a 2 out of 5. It does hold my more glittery shadows in place, but I guess that's what happens when you put it on top of a greasy palette. I have no use for the white end... it's so cheap looking and feels disgusting on the brow bone if used as a highlighter. I will never buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2011 7:32:00 AM More reviews by katiexkaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These are not great products. Great concept but the product is so cheap that it doesnt even really apply. The tips are hard and pull your eyelids. Definitely needs improved. Limited color choices too.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by piratelass87

Dear makeupalley reviewers;

I am so sorry I did not listen when I saw that htis product only had an 8% rating. I was too stubborn and set in my ways and determined i would try this product anyway. Now as i sit here with my eye makeup running down my face I am cursing myself for not listening sooner. This is by far the worst product I have ever used. It is greasy, not that pigmented (the back barley shows up as a light grey and I do not have sensitive yes but for some reason this is making my eyes run like i'm watching the notebook or something. Also the black end broke...the first time I used it!!!!!!! I will keep it because as someone said before the white end seems like it may serve some other purposes. Please other people who come by to browse reviews before buying this product, do not make the same mistake I did and AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

I had high hopes for this from the TV ads. My hopes crashed pretty hard :(
I bought Silver Sky 805, Purple Plume 815&Bronze Fire 820.
My first attempt was Silver Sky. I loved the shimmeriness&high high pigmentation. One of the customers once complimented on it :) but as w/ all cream shadows, it creased within 2h. The colour stayed tho.
Next up were Purple Plume&Bronze Fire since Silver Sky wasn't much of daytime material. BF made my deep brown eyes brighter a little as did PP. I liked BF the best.
2 lippies cuz of creasing&for breaking after a month or so. At $9ish CDN, not worth the money

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by jbsjunkie

This is like putting lipstick on your lids. The formula is way greasy! and it wears off quickly. Also, both of my sticks broke after only a couple of uses. This is the crappiest package. Don't waste your $$! If you want a good cream shadow. Invest in some MAC paint pots. Those don't crease and blend very nicely on lids.