October 30, 2014 | 1568 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Creme de Rose 001

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by miszdeniise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its a good product but does not last long at all! I went through this is about 2 weeks! I rather get the MAC Lip Conditioner tub for half the price, it does the same thing except maybe doesn't "plump". I may buy this again not sure, the packaging is nice tho.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by AS437

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this product! My lips are constantly dry, and this is one of the few lipbalms that actually provides long-lasting moisturization for me. I have found that this product seems to last a bit longer than others on my lips.

Creme de rose has a heavy rose scent to it. I find that it's strong enough that I can smell it as I'm wearing it (although the smell fades after awhile). I actually really like the rose smell a lot, however, can see how this would be problematic for those who do not like the scent/ are sensitive to scents.

Although it is a light pink in the package, it goes on colorless. I think that the packaging is both simple and beautiful, however, I do find it to be a bit unhygenic as you need to apply the product with your fingers.

This was difficult for me to rate because although I absolutely LOVE the product, I hate that the packaging requires me to stick my fingers in it. It would be great if it came in a tube! I will definitely be purchasing this again as it works very well for me and I feel that the quality is great. Therefore, 5 stars :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by luna2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

im on the fence about this product, ive used it a couple of times and i see it has some pros and cons.. first of all, the rose scent is not too intense or fake, its one of the best rose scents in lip balms (also apivita's rose lip balm has a lovely rose smell but its a bit more intense). although it feels moisturising, it sits on your lips, so i dont think it does an excellent job, actually ive used other dior lip products like the dior serum de rouge or the the dior addict lip polish and i believe they moisturise a bit better than this lip balm.(so in case you already have any of these products you may reconsider buying the dior creme de rose).
besides, one of the reasons that i bought this product, was that since i have used the other dior lip-moisturising products and they were pretty good, i thought this lip balm will be excellent.. turns out its quite far from that.
also, its pricey, its only 7,2 gr (0.25 oz) in comparison to mac lip conditioner (both jar and tube) which has more product.
moreover, it doesnt do any plumping (though i didnt buy it for that, but i just mention it in case someone is interested in buying it mainly for its "plumping effect"). as for the packaging, the little jar is a little white plastic one, with the standard "CD" logo on the top of the lid and although its nothing special, it is really simple and classy .

overall, great smell, mediocre in moisturising, no plumping, quite expensive, simple but classy packaging.

ill continue using it but i dont see myself buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This will be very nice when I'm on the plane first class and want to feel luxurious. I wish the packaging was better because I don't like putting my fingers in it. I also don't think it's going to last too long. Not much product to use regularly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Feefee180

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product, the rose smell can be a bit overwhelming at first but once its on the lips for a while it dissipates, also i dont need the plumping that it claims to do, however, it wasnt like that tingly rubbish that i have to rub off my lips after a minute, it is very luxurious and lovely and im glad i spent the money, i have just bought a new one (it was in a sale!) ready for when this one runs out :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by lovebeat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smells lovely like roses. It is shiny with a slight pink tint which makes the lips look really healthy and soft. It moisturises well and you don't need much and it lasts on the lips for a long time. It feels like it makes the lips healthier rather than covering it up to make them look healthy which is why I don't mind paying the price. The packaging is feminine and simple but does look lovely, I prefer to use a lip brush to apply mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by beules

I love this lip balm and use it every night before bed. Keeps lips hydrayed and moisturised all night! Stylish packaging and lasts 4-6 months is used once a day. On my third one now and just bought my fourth!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really don't rate this stuff. Its sticky and plastique feeling on my lips. I prefer the Dior Addict lip reviver balm which feels more luxurious and soothing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by niki01

Smell is heavenly(for me)
It provides a nice, smooth coating that is not sticky on your lips. Excellent product & SPF 10 is a plus. Good for everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by lavndarSky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, let me start this review by stating that I have tried just about every rose lip balm (and just plain lip balm, high end to low end) there is. By Terry didn't do it for me. La Mer is nice, but too $$. Creme de Rose really is a wonderful balm. The texture is absolutely divine. Creamy soft, melts into my lips and actually lasts! My lips feel very comforted with this on. Some balms just feel like they sit on my lips and disappear but this does not give me that sensation. As far as plumping goes I don't notice a huge difference but my lips do look very nice with this on. The scent is lovely. It is rose for sure, but I don't find it as heavy as By Terry, Jurlique Rose, or Rosebud Salve. It is a refreshing creamy rose scent. I feel like the scent matches the creamy consistency. My only gripe is that all the promo photos have the lovely pink color and the actual product is yellow. Suprisingly the yellow actually looks nice on my lips so it dosen't really bother me but asthetically I would prefer the pale pink shade. Now I have to stock up before it gets discontinued.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No