April 20, 2014 | 1458 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Creme de Rose 001

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by BunnySlippers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dior is one of my fave make-up brands, so that's why I decided to give this a try.
I really like the subtle smell of roses, it is definitely not nauseating which I usually get with scented lipbalms.

Although it's just a plastic white container, I think it looks very cute and luxurious, but that's just a matter of taste.
Don't let the pinkish colour put you off, when applied is gives a healthy shining transparent look.

As mentioned by other reviewers: it is very expensive, since it is JUST a lipbalm. A nice one, with a great smell, but other then giving your lips a shine, moisturized look it does nothing for me. Don't expect any plumping (ok, the shine makes them look fuller and healthier than dry lips, but you don't need a Dior balm to get that effect.)

Another downside for me: although I really like the container and I think lipbalmsticks look way less cute and fancy, I don't find it very hygienic and convenient.

I usually put it in a special compartment in my bag, but sometimes I can't prevent the box from rolling around loose in my bag.
Crumbs, dust and whatever unmentionable we gals sometimes have lying on the bottom of our bag infiltrates the box, which makes it very yukky-looking. Mainly caused by the screw on cap, which you can't always close entirely without leaving a little tiny gap for all the unwanted things mentioned above.

It does keep my lips, which tend to be very dry, shiny and smooth, but it doesn't really melt into your lips, it mainly just sits on top of it with a greasy kinda feel.

I also use it in cold winters, and it does help my lips from cracking, but when my lips do crack, this is not the balm to apply. In tht case I really need something that melts into my lips en moisturizes from within.

Overall, I like the balm, love the smell and I would consider to buy it again, bearing in mind that I will have some cheap chapsticks that actually do intensely hydrate my lips and softens cracked lips.

If you are realling looking for a miracle lip balm, this is not for you.
If you don't have a lot of money to spend, this is not for you, since there are a lot of other exensive high end products that DO stand out from the cheaper drugstore brands, so don't waste it on this.

If you don't mind to spend some money, don't use it exclusively, and just like the cute container and and don't expect anything other than a nice smelling greasy lipbalm this is a definite YES.

O, and just a piece of advice: there is a VERY similar container in the same collection meant for your nails (guess cuticles?). I have heard from my sales woman, that sometimes they accidentely give the wrong one to the customer. So keep that in mind and check! It really is a shame to spend that kind of money to put nailcream on your lips and lipbalm on your fingers..

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by danimaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this lip balm. My lips are always really dry and this lip balm makes my lips super soft and supple. Love the smell. Cute packaging. HG stuff. The only con for me is the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Kiki91768

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have fallen in love with Dior and I think they are worth every penny except on this product. I picked it up because I needed a lip balm and it smelled great. Its clean and you get a lot for the price but I don't think it works great as a plumper. I don't really notice a difference. I try to use it everyday but nothing :(. Maybe i'll give it some more time and add to this review if I see any changes but as of yet I would say save your money for another DIor Product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by juliejoy

I love this balm. I always keep it beside the bed at night, some days I can still feel it on when I wake up.This product is a spurge, however compared to other luxury brands this one is priced on the lower side. The color is a little funky, however it doesn't transfer. I love the scent and packaging reminds me of lip balm that stars of old Hollywood would wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This balm is everything that I wanted Smith's Rosebud Balm to be. I do not think that it has much of a plumping effect as advertised, but it is highly emollient. The scent is amazing. I don't mind the jar packaging, but the white plastic looks a little cheap, and for $26, this product is anything but.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by thelavenderninja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

I enjoyed this product in the beginning when I first purchased it because it felt luxurious and I loved the hint of rose smell. But like another MUA reviewer said, it turned a weirdly orange color after a few uses. It doesn't look nearly as nice anymore and I would have to say that it works almost the same as petroleum jelly. Fail big time!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by girlfish1kee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you're willing to pay a lot for this is a petroleum based lip balm for the packaging, then go ahead and try it. That's what suckered me into it. However, for a lot less money you can buy Vaseline lip therapy - and it has a 100% rating. Petroleum jelly has a pretty high rating on here, and that's primarily what this product is made out of. However, petroleum is dirt cheap and this product is not. I was kind of disappointed that the pink color of this balm turned yellow after barely even using it. Nobody else on here seemed to mention that. The petroleum must have sucked the life out of the rose.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

And again I'll have to rain some honesty on some otherwise rave reviews: this product is a fad in a box. They claim that it moisturizes, plumps, smoothes and gives shine. First of all, it does not moisturize- it sits on the lips w/ out penetrating them. It definitely gives no plump whatsoever(my medicated chapstick plumps more than it does), and about the smoothes and gives shine aspect- I wouldn't know because it only held up for about half an hour anyway- then it was gone- and no, I wasn't eating or anything like that. Just an overpriced fad w/ some fancy lingo attached to it is what it is.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by orgasmicorganic

I was so intent on keeping this product for a lifetime.
I liked it tons more than their maximizer, as my lips actually felt soft after application.
The smell is intoxicating---just absolutely to die for!
The milky pink color goes on sheer and makes lips appear luscious.
The container is cute and chic, and the texture is not sticky.
It doesn't plump, but that is not at all what I bought it for.
Quite simply, I love rose. Everything rose.

But three ingredients down the list reads MINERAL OIL and shame on Dior for adding this. Why avoid mineral oil? Well, basically it suffocates the skin/lips, and thus, dehydrates it over time (which is why you have to keep applying lip balm to keep them supple). I have been loving Ole Henriksen for a while now and the ingredient list on theirs is absolutely astonishing, just wish I could find a rose product that didn't include something horrible in its list.

So despite my intense love for this balm, as soon as I finish it, I will not re-purchase.
Such a sad day indeed, as I loved everything about this.
Bonus too was that I could finally say I owned something from Dior! LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by pilon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sometimes I read the negative reviews first, but when it comes to Crème de Rose, I wish I didn't! This lip balm is so gentle and soothing, my lips are already fond of it. And the smell - I can't believe some reviewers complained about the rose smell - is barely noticeable! My lips were so dry and damaged from bad weather all week, and Crème de Rose helped me get my usual, smooth lips back - I'm so happy I purchased it.