Dior Creme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm

Octinoxate, (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate): 7.5, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane: 1, Isononyl Isononanoate, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Microcrystalline Wax, Shea Butter Extract, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ribose, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Tocopherol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum, Tribehenin, Commiphora Myrrha Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sunflower Seed Oil, Trimethylolpropane, Triisostearate, Bht, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Propyl Gallate, Alcohol, Phenylacetaldehyde. [ /-: Ci 12085 (Red 36, Red 36 Lake), Ci 15850 (Red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6, Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 17200 (Red 33, Red 33 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 45370 (Orange 5, Orange 5 Lake), Ci 45380 (Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 22 Lake), Ci 45410 (Red 27, Red 27 Lake, Red 28 Lake), Ci 47005 (Yellow 10, Yellow 10 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30, Red 30 Lake), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77002 (Alluminum Hydroxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet)].

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I wanted to fall in love with this product. Maybe it is because my lips are full to begin with, but I don't find this does anything for me that Vaseline doesn't do : ( I enjoy having a lip balm as part of my routine, but this does not do anything for me to justify the high price.

on 4/29/2013 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I enjoy the texture of this balm, it is hydrating and well, does everything I expect a lip balm to do. I enjoy the subtle rose scent, although you can taste it if gets into your mouth, which does not particularly bother me. The only issue I have the is the milky color it leaves on my lips, which is not flattering at all. I personally need a liberal amount of lip balm on my usually parched lips, and this does not build up to a flattering color on my very pigmented, red lips. I much prefer the Lip Glow, it isn't quite as hydrating as this, but it does leave a beautiful pink shade on my lips, and builds up beautifully. This will probably only be a night treatment for me, which is a shame. I will not repurchase this, but I will use it up.

on 4/29/2013 5:54:00 PM

It is a nice lip balm and has a nice/posh smell.

However, I have very dehydrated lips and the lip balm didn't help with it (i have been using it for a week now).
Also it is hard to apply the creme as well.

on 3/3/2013 10:04:00 PM

On the packaging: "Smoothing plumping lip balm SPF 10
Active ingredients: octinoxate 7,5% and avobenzone 1,0%"
- Packaging: I love it, simple yet luxurious, really cute. Not much to it other than that. Isn't fragile at all luckily, great to carry in a bag or purse, not likely to break or anything.
- Smell: a delicate rose scent. Not overwhelming at all in my opinion. If you dislike a rose scent you're not going to like it because that's really the only thing it smells like.
- How does it feel: nourishing, soothing and hydrating. Lips feel very soft. When I apply it at night I use more on my lips but it doesn't feel weird or thick in a way it's annoying. A thin layer during the day feels just as nice.
- Does it work: it's great! works best over night I think using a bit more product, smooth lips in the morning. Soothes and hydrates and that's all I need. SPF in it is great as I like to apply it during the day aswell. However, doesn't do anything for me in the plumping department, found out it claimed a plumping effect much later to be honest. Might work different for other people though. I don't mind it, my lips are big enough already, not looking for anything plumping.
- Shade: I have quite a lot of color in my lips already, didn't notice any extra on my lips. Seems to have a petal pink shade to it, but really comes of clear also if I swatch it on my hand or something. If you have really pale lips it might show up. I personally wasn't looking for a balm with a shade to it so I don't mind it.

Overall 4/5, it's expensive but worth it I think. If you're looking for a great luxurious, hydrating, smoothing and protecting lip balm I'd recommend it. If you want color of a plumping effect I would not recommend it, although those 2 things might differ on other people. And if you don't like rose scents I for sure wouldn't buy it. Personally I would buy it again.

on 2/26/2013 7:27:00 PM

Oh creme de rose, what would I do without you! I use this lip balm twice daily- once in the morning, and again after showering at night. It is extremely hydrating on my dry lips. It is advertised as a lip plumper, but it definitely isn't in the traditional, tingly sense. However, with consistent use I have noticed my lips are a tad fuller, but I think that's because they're finally properly moisturized! Within the first month of use I went out of town for a weekend and forgot to pack it; my lips were in torture! I'm extremely addicted! I've had mine for about four months now, and with consistent twice daily use there's about half left. Unlike other reviewers, my lip balm hasn't lost it's pink color. I don't mind the packaging; its very cute, and I always wash my hands before using anyway. I also love the light rose scent. My only complaint is the price; $30 is sooo much for a lip balm! Thankfully it lasts a long time. I will dutifully repurchase.

on 1/26/2013 3:47:00 AM

My HG lip treatment used to be La Roche Posay Ceralip. It hydrated well and prepped my lips sufficiently for other lip products but over the past 8 years it seems as though my lips just got used to it. This past winter my lips were a flakey, dry mess and nothing could soothe them. I purchased this on a whim and am so glad. This saved my dry, shrivly lips and turned them into plump, full, well-hydrated kissable lips again.
The price tag hurts but I stocked up during Sephora's VIB sale. After 2.5 months of twice daily use I have used about a 1/4 of the tub. I have not experienced the product turning yellow as others have noticed. This has officially become my favourite balm.

on 1/9/2013 3:36:00 PM

This was a splurge buy, a huge moment of weakness for me. But, I don't regret it! I absolutely love this balm! It has a smooth, thick velvety texture and when applied in a thick layer can be used as a night treatment. I used it just last light and this morning I woke up to super soft lips! Not only that but the dead skin became really soft which made it easier for me to exfoliate them. This isn't so much a plumping balm, but when applied it does fill in the fine lines. It lasts so long and smells strongly of roses, which I love. The only bad thing is that this is pretty expensive, for .25 oz you pay 35 CAD, 30 USD for it. But, I think it is worth it, so this would be considered my splurge item. Also the packaging is quite cute BUT it does come in a pot, which most people don't like. It's not that big of a deal for me, but I know it's a huge dealbreaker for some people. But overall I love this and I definitely would repurchase

on 1/2/2013 10:22:00 PM

I might be addicted to this stuff. I use it every night before bed. I notice a difference when I don't use it. I can see it staying a part of my routine for a while. Also I really like the packaging.

on 11/28/2012 7:15:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Hi everybody - my name is Sanja and i am a lip balm addict! It gets worse - i am a high end lip treatment junkie and i am too far gone...interventions will not work BUT new brands might :)
I am ashamed to count all the little fancy jars around my house - By Terry, Nuxe, La Mer, Givenchy, Dior...I have pretty much tried them all and cringed at the checkout each time but obviously not enough since the little pots are multiplying & taking over my humble home.
Dior's Creme de Rose was a no-brainer for me because i adore rose scents and the vintage pot made me feel all warm & fuzzy...The texture is very balm-like, there is no stickiness or waxy feel, no weird flavour, the lips feel nourished and the lovely rose scent doesnt linger for too long (boo for me!). Instead of the typical glossy finish i would describe this as more of a matte subdued shine, making it ideal as a lipstick or gloss base.
One issue i had with this was the unexpected & surprising color change in the pot itself. When i first purchased it, the balm was a rosy pink shade but after a few months the colour transformed to bright yellow!!! I was told that the reason was oxidation of the rose oils, which are key in the formulation...There were no other changes - the scent, texture, feel and preformance stayed the same but i cant deny that i was a little disturbed by the neon yellow shade.
It might seem like i am being petty but thats the only reason i wouldnt repurchase this again. Even though the color change didnt affect the effectiveness of the balm, I was put off to say the least. The price tag, the brand and rave reviews made me expect more. So even though i am happy i bought it, i wasnt completely wowed so i found myself using it less and less. Then again a few things can compete with my HERO By Terry Baume de Rose :)

on 11/14/2012 4:21:00 PM

Its a good product but does not last long at all! I went through this is about 2 weeks! I rather get the MAC Lip Conditioner tub for half the price, it does the same thing except maybe doesn't "plump". I may buy this again not sure, the packaging is nice tho.

Top Rated Lip Treatments