Dior Creme de Rose 001

Octinoxate, (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate): 7.5%, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane: 1%, Isononyl Isononanoate, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Microcrystalline Wax, Shea Butter Extract, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ribose, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Tocopherol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum, Tribehenin, Commiphora Myrrha Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sunflower Seed Oil, Trimethylolpropane, Triisostearate, Bht, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Propyl Gallate, Alcohol, Phenylacetaldehyde. [+/-: Ci 12085 (Red 36, Red 36 Lake), Ci 15850 (Red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6, Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 17200 (Red 33, Red 33 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 45370 (Orange 5, Orange 5 Lake), Ci 45380 (Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 22 Lake), Ci 45410 (Red 27, Red 27 Lake, Red 28 Lake), Ci 47005 (Yellow 10, Yellow 10 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30, Red 30 Lake), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77002 (Alluminum Hydroxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet)].

on 1/26/2013 3:47:00 AM

My HG lip treatment used to be La Roche Posay Ceralip. It hydrated well and prepped my lips sufficiently for other lip products but over the past 8 years it seems as though my lips just got used to it. This past winter my lips were a flakey, dry mess and nothing could soothe them. I purchased this on a whim and am so glad. This saved my dry, shrivly lips and turned them into plump, full, well-hydrated kissable lips again.
The price tag hurts but I stocked up during Sephora's VIB sale. After 2.5 months of twice daily use I have used about a 1/4 of the tub. I have not experienced the product turning yellow as others have noticed. This has officially become my favourite balm.

on 1/9/2013 3:36:00 PM

This was a splurge buy, a huge moment of weakness for me. But, I don't regret it! I absolutely love this balm! It has a smooth, thick velvety texture and when applied in a thick layer can be used as a night treatment. I used it just last light and this morning I woke up to super soft lips! Not only that but the dead skin became really soft which made it easier for me to exfoliate them. This isn't so much a plumping balm, but when applied it does fill in the fine lines. It lasts so long and smells strongly of roses, which I love. The only bad thing is that this is pretty expensive, for .25 oz you pay 35 CAD, 30 USD for it. But, I think it is worth it, so this would be considered my splurge item. Also the packaging is quite cute BUT it does come in a pot, which most people don't like. It's not that big of a deal for me, but I know it's a huge dealbreaker for some people. But overall I love this and I definitely would repurchase

on 1/2/2013 10:22:00 PM

I might be addicted to this stuff. I use it every night before bed. I notice a difference when I don't use it. I can see it staying a part of my routine for a while. Also I really like the packaging.

on 11/28/2012 7:15:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Hi everybody - my name is Sanja and i am a lip balm addict! It gets worse - i am a high end lip treatment junkie and i am too far gone...interventions will not work BUT new brands might :)
I am ashamed to count all the little fancy jars around my house - By Terry, Nuxe, La Mer, Givenchy, Dior...I have pretty much tried them all and cringed at the checkout each time but obviously not enough since the little pots are multiplying & taking over my humble home.
Dior's Creme de Rose was a no-brainer for me because i adore rose scents and the vintage pot made me feel all warm & fuzzy...The texture is very balm-like, there is no stickiness or waxy feel, no weird flavour, the lips feel nourished and the lovely rose scent doesnt linger for too long (boo for me!). Instead of the typical glossy finish i would describe this as more of a matte subdued shine, making it ideal as a lipstick or gloss base.
One issue i had with this was the unexpected & surprising color change in the pot itself. When i first purchased it, the balm was a rosy pink shade but after a few months the colour transformed to bright yellow!!! I was told that the reason was oxidation of the rose oils, which are key in the formulation...There were no other changes - the scent, texture, feel and preformance stayed the same but i cant deny that i was a little disturbed by the neon yellow shade.
It might seem like i am being petty but thats the only reason i wouldnt repurchase this again. Even though the color change didnt affect the effectiveness of the balm, I was put off to say the least. The price tag, the brand and rave reviews made me expect more. So even though i am happy i bought it, i wasnt completely wowed so i found myself using it less and less. Then again a few things can compete with my HERO By Terry Baume de Rose :)

on 11/14/2012 4:21:00 PM

Its a good product but does not last long at all! I went through this is about 2 weeks! I rather get the MAC Lip Conditioner tub for half the price, it does the same thing except maybe doesn't "plump". I may buy this again not sure, the packaging is nice tho.

on 11/2/2012 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I absolutely LOVE this product! My lips are constantly dry, and this is one of the few lipbalms that actually provides long-lasting moisturization for me. I have found that this product seems to last a bit longer than others on my lips.

Creme de rose has a heavy rose scent to it. I find that it's strong enough that I can smell it as I'm wearing it (although the smell fades after awhile). I actually really like the rose smell a lot, however, can see how this would be problematic for those who do not like the scent/ are sensitive to scents.

Although it is a light pink in the package, it goes on colorless. I think that the packaging is both simple and beautiful, however, I do find it to be a bit unhygenic as you need to apply the product with your fingers.

This was difficult for me to rate because although I absolutely LOVE the product, I hate that the packaging requires me to stick my fingers in it. It would be great if it came in a tube! I will definitely be purchasing this again as it works very well for me and I feel that the quality is great. Therefore, 5 stars :)

on 8/8/2012 8:19:00 PM

im on the fence about this product, ive used it a couple of times and i see it has some pros and cons.. first of all, the rose scent is not too intense or fake, its one of the best rose scents in lip balms (also apivita's rose lip balm has a lovely rose smell but its a bit more intense). although it feels moisturising, it sits on your lips, so i dont think it does an excellent job, actually ive used other dior lip products like the dior serum de rouge or the the dior addict lip polish and i believe they moisturise a bit better than this lip balm.(so in case you already have any of these products you may reconsider buying the dior creme de rose).
besides, one of the reasons that i bought this product, was that since i have used the other dior lip-moisturising products and they were pretty good, i thought this lip balm will be excellent.. turns out its quite far from that.
also, its pricey, its only 7,2 gr (0.25 oz) in comparison to mac lip conditioner (both jar and tube) which has more product.
moreover, it doesnt do any plumping (though i didnt buy it for that, but i just mention it in case someone is interested in buying it mainly for its "plumping effect"). as for the packaging, the little jar is a little white plastic one, with the standard "CD" logo on the top of the lid and although its nothing special, it is really simple and classy .

overall, great smell, mediocre in moisturising, no plumping, quite expensive, simple but classy packaging.

ill continue using it but i dont see myself buying it again.

on 7/25/2012 10:19:00 PM

This will be very nice when I'm on the plane first class and want to feel luxurious. I wish the packaging was better because I don't like putting my fingers in it. I also don't think it's going to last too long. Not much product to use regularly.

on 3/31/2012 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Great product, the rose smell can be a bit overwhelming at first but once its on the lips for a while it dissipates, also i dont need the plumping that it claims to do, however, it wasnt like that tingly rubbish that i have to rub off my lips after a minute, it is very luxurious and lovely and im glad i spent the money, i have just bought a new one (it was in a sale!) ready for when this one runs out :)

on 3/17/2012 6:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Smells lovely like roses. It is shiny with a slight pink tint which makes the lips look really healthy and soft. It moisturises well and you don't need much and it lasts on the lips for a long time. It feels like it makes the lips healthier rather than covering it up to make them look healthy which is why I don't mind paying the price. The packaging is feminine and simple but does look lovely, I prefer to use a lip brush to apply mine.

Popular Lip Treatments