August 29, 2014 | 917 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Creme de Rose 001

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really don't rate this stuff. Its sticky and plastique feeling on my lips. I prefer the Dior Addict lip reviver balm which feels more luxurious and soothing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by niki01

Smell is heavenly(for me)
It provides a nice, smooth coating that is not sticky on your lips. Excellent product & SPF 10 is a plus. Good for everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by lavndarSky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, let me start this review by stating that I have tried just about every rose lip balm (and just plain lip balm, high end to low end) there is. By Terry didn't do it for me. La Mer is nice, but too $$. Creme de Rose really is a wonderful balm. The texture is absolutely divine. Creamy soft, melts into my lips and actually lasts! My lips feel very comforted with this on. Some balms just feel like they sit on my lips and disappear but this does not give me that sensation. As far as plumping goes I don't notice a huge difference but my lips do look very nice with this on. The scent is lovely. It is rose for sure, but I don't find it as heavy as By Terry, Jurlique Rose, or Rosebud Salve. It is a refreshing creamy rose scent. I feel like the scent matches the creamy consistency. My only gripe is that all the promo photos have the lovely pink color and the actual product is yellow. Suprisingly the yellow actually looks nice on my lips so it dosen't really bother me but asthetically I would prefer the pale pink shade. Now I have to stock up before it gets discontinued.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by ari496

for lip balm, this is expensive. but its such a great lip balm, who cares?! it smells delicious, its very moisturizing, and it also plumps up my lips a little. its so rich and thick and decadent, dry chapped lips are only a bad memory. my friends tell me theyre so jelous of my lips, especially bc theyre so soft! i keep one at home, one in my purse, and one n my school bag. i simply cant live without this! i'll buy this again and again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 3:52:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Like the reviewer below said this balm plumps lips wonderfully. It works much better for me than Chanel lip balm. I love the rose smell, the heavy texture and SPF 10 in it. The only complaint that I have about this product is that it leaves kind of a waxy feel after it but I can deal with it unless I find something better (and I plan to try a few).
Update: For now it is my favorite lip treatment. I have tried a few in the past months but they all ruined my lips. WIll buy this guy to take care of my lips from now on

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

I'm not a huge fan of CD but I do like this lip balm. I use this only at night as a treatment for my lips to re-hydrate them. I will admit that it does work however, I find it too greasy for my liking. I don't like the feeling of greasiness on my lips when I wake up in the morning (contrary to many MUAers here). I do like the sublte rose scent which dissipates soon after application. I must say that its my personal opinion that this is wayyyy/much much better than just petroleum jelly and/or other drugstore and/or departement store lip balms out there. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by BunnySlippers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dior is one of my fave make-up brands, so that's why I decided to give this a try.
I really like the subtle smell of roses, it is definitely not nauseating which I usually get with scented lipbalms.

Although it's just a plastic white container, I think it looks very cute and luxurious, but that's just a matter of taste.
Don't let the pinkish colour put you off, when applied is gives a healthy shining transparent look.

As mentioned by other reviewers: it is very expensive, since it is JUST a lipbalm. A nice one, with a great smell, but other then giving your lips a shine, moisturized look it does nothing for me. Don't expect any plumping (ok, the shine makes them look fuller and healthier than dry lips, but you don't need a Dior balm to get that effect.)

Another downside for me: although I really like the container and I think lipbalmsticks look way less cute and fancy, I don't find it very hygienic and convenient.

I usually put it in a special compartment in my bag, but sometimes I can't prevent the box from rolling around loose in my bag.
Crumbs, dust and whatever unmentionable we gals sometimes have lying on the bottom of our bag infiltrates the box, which makes it very yukky-looking. Mainly caused by the screw on cap, which you can't always close entirely without leaving a little tiny gap for all the unwanted things mentioned above.

It does keep my lips, which tend to be very dry, shiny and smooth, but it doesn't really melt into your lips, it mainly just sits on top of it with a greasy kinda feel.

I also use it in cold winters, and it does help my lips from cracking, but when my lips do crack, this is not the balm to apply. In tht case I really need something that melts into my lips en moisturizes from within.

Overall, I like the balm, love the smell and I would consider to buy it again, bearing in mind that I will have some cheap chapsticks that actually do intensely hydrate my lips and softens cracked lips.

If you are realling looking for a miracle lip balm, this is not for you.
If you don't have a lot of money to spend, this is not for you, since there are a lot of other exensive high end products that DO stand out from the cheaper drugstore brands, so don't waste it on this.

If you don't mind to spend some money, don't use it exclusively, and just like the cute container and and don't expect anything other than a nice smelling greasy lipbalm this is a definite YES.

O, and just a piece of advice: there is a VERY similar container in the same collection meant for your nails (guess cuticles?). I have heard from my sales woman, that sometimes they accidentely give the wrong one to the customer. So keep that in mind and check! It really is a shame to spend that kind of money to put nailcream on your lips and lipbalm on your fingers..

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by danimaria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this lip balm. My lips are always really dry and this lip balm makes my lips super soft and supple. Love the smell. Cute packaging. HG stuff. The only con for me is the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Kiki91768

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have fallen in love with Dior and I think they are worth every penny except on this product. I picked it up because I needed a lip balm and it smelled great. Its clean and you get a lot for the price but I don't think it works great as a plumper. I don't really notice a difference. I try to use it everyday but nothing :(. Maybe i'll give it some more time and add to this review if I see any changes but as of yet I would say save your money for another DIor Product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by juliejoy

I love this balm. I always keep it beside the bed at night, some days I can still feel it on when I wake up.This product is a spurge, however compared to other luxury brands this one is priced on the lower side. The color is a little funky, however it doesn't transfer. I love the scent and packaging reminds me of lip balm that stars of old Hollywood would wear.