October 25, 2014 | 1212 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Studio Shimmer Palette

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first highlighter so I have nothing to compare it to but it certainly delivers a beautiful glow to my cheekbones and brow bones! Easy to apply with fingers, all colors pretty much look the same. Dirt cheap, highly recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by MrsLiliLopez

One word....amazing!!! This has become a staple in my makeup routine. I love applying it as a cheek highlighter. It is fantastic and looks really good. If you are interested in trying elf this is a must! You will not regret it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is quickly finding a place in my regular makeup routine - I use it as a highlighter on my brows and cheekbones, and in those places it has great staying power. It's a true shimmer, with no sparkles or obvious glitter particles.

The place I want to use it the most is my eyelids, because it gives an amazing dewy sheen, but it creases in about five seconds flat. I even tried using a couple of different bases, but no luck.

The packaging is fantastic, especially for the price. It's nice and sturdy and has a mirror in the lid. The usefulness of the brush is debatable, because it's very small - I use my fingers to apply it to larger areas, but lately I've started smudging it around the inner corners of my eyes, and the brush is the perfect size for that. (I have long fingernails and just can't fit my fingertips into that teeny spot.)

High marks for packaging, price and versatility, but definitely don't buy if you only want to use it as a shadow, because it's definitely not made for that.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by courtinkerbell

LOVE THIS! It is so cute. The colors are so so so creamy and blend-able. I put these colors on the top of my cheekbones and on the bridge of my nose to give me a glowing complexion. I also use it in the inner corners of my eyes. Gorgeous! Although all these colors look alike when actually applied to the skin, I really don't mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by blbathie

Incredible! I use this as a highlighter/bronzer as well as eyeshadow. I've recommended this to all my friends. You cannot beat this for 3 dollars!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Jenna11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really happy to find this palette at a local Winners in Canada because I haven't been able to find E.L.F. studio products anywhere else around here. It was relatively inexpensive because the tag said it was marked down from 15.99 to 5.99, but I know the E.L.F. line is usually much cheaper in the US.

I am really glad I bought this! Highlighters are my favorite products to try out/collect and this palette contains 4 different cream colors: white, peach, champagne and pink, though they are all relatively the same color on the skin, and they have an iridescent shimmer to them (but definitely not glitter or anything close). They remind me of the consistency of MAC's cream color base in hush with about the same amount of shimmer/sheen to them. Very creamy and blend-able! I give them overall a 5!

I am also a big fan of the packaging, which is a dupe for NARS pretty much. I especially love this one because it has a window that you can see the colors through which is always a bonus, and it has a little mirror as well! Loves it!

PS. I love them as a highlighter only, and was not impressed with use as an eyeshadow/base, because it creases, and the colors are quite pale and frosty to use on the lips...though E.L.F. says it is to use on these areas as well. I used them only on Brow bone, cheekbone, and cupids bow areas to highlight, and loved the result!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by xcluex

HG HG HG! Why there aren't more reviews for this product I just don't know. I was looking for an inexpensive alternative highlighter as a sub for my NARS Multiple in Copacabana, which is $$$. I still love the Copacabana, but this ELF shimmer palette is simply amazing. FYI, I use both for highlighting the brow bone, cheek bone, the cupid bow area of the lip etc - not for eyeshadow base or eyeshadow color or lipcolor so can't speak for those uses. But as a highlighter, wow! What I love about this is that it is so soft, subtle, blendable, sheer, silky, shimmery but not glittery. I also got the All Over Color sticks in various colors, which are okay, but you have to try this shimmer palette if you are looking for that soft shimmer highlighter. And when I say shimmer, I don't mean glitter chunky shimmer, I mean glowy. The All Over Color sticks are thicker and less blendable in comparison. In comparison to the NARS Multiple (I have only tried Copacabana), this is definitely more subtle so it depends on what you are looking for. I can't really notice that much difference in the palette colors it comes with when I put them on (there are 4, an ivory-ish, a peach-ish, a gold-ish, and a pink-ish). And I don't use the brush it comes with, just my fingers, but the little brush seems like it could be useful for something else, maybe a lip brush or a small precision eye brush, I'll have to see, but the brush does seem like it is of ELF studio brush quality. BTW, how I know something is HG for me is when I feel the intense need to purchase back-ups (just in case!) even though I just got the product - I just got two more.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by plf1988

I was really surprised by this. I use it as a highlighter on the tops of my cheeks and then sweep it up to my browbone. It actually lasts all day. It goes on smooth but needs a few layers. I like this about it because it makes it harder to screw up the application, leaving me less likely to look like a disco ball. Unbelievable price and it will last awhile. The brush it comes with is not suitable for its intended use, but it does make a great eyeliner brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by andrewsm222

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I have been looking and looking for a good highlighter for the top of my cheekbones and this is it! I have tried other brands but the are always to glittery or to just fade away fast. I use this stuff whenever I want the extra glow. I am a performer and it stays after a two hour show of dancing ! the packaging is really nice also. The brush is worthless for this purpose but I will use it for eye shadow. I apply the product with my finger tip and blend ( :

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 6:17:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product surprised me the most, i got it specifically to add a little brightness to my eyes in the inner corners, and this is wonderful for that. the product is a creamy smooth gel-like consistency that i apply with my finger, however the little brush included works well for smaller areas.

I find i use this on my lids almost every day, it just wakes up my face - in a subtle way. it does crease on my oily lids after about 5 hours though. so i would not think this is the best e/s base out there. but the sparkle is sheer and the four colors are all very subtle.

the packaging is wonderful on teh studio line, slick black with a nice feel. I dont think i'll ever hit pan or run out of this, but it is a wonderfull little surprise from ELF.