December 19, 2014 | 825 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Stishy

Been using this one for about two months now, has lasted for quite a while.

Pros:
- Cheap
- Long-wearing
- A decent amount of product which will last for a while

Cons:
- Very thick, difficult to blend
- Colour is difficult to match to skin tone (even with my presumed colour match)

Won't be buying again as it is too difficult to blend, and the colour is terrible.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by alinalxndon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product comes in a lipgloss tube, so you have to expose a large amount to air to get it out. I put it on my hand and used a concealer brush but it was so sticky. Then I put it directly on my face and tried to brush it out, again thick and dried quickly.

There are simply better drugstore concealers out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Otterchilla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked up this product on a whim because I had a Maybelline coupon and it was on sale. On a normal day, the concealer doesn't last 24 hours, but it lasts 16 hours. It makes it through 8 hours of labor intensive work at band camp. Overall, a good value, especially if you have acne spots and don't want to make frequent touchups during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i surprisingly really liked this. i originally only bought this as a backup/touchup concealer for my purse (i wouldve liked to bring the mac prolongwear concealer - total hg btw - but its packaging was a bit annoying) and it actually worked really well. it looks a bit cakey but for me my biggest problem with face makeup is staying power and this stayed pretty damn well. i put this on with no primer or powder one day because i was in a rush and i did my makeup on the bus and by the end of the day, if was still there! it was kind of patchy looking by that time but it was still there! i would definitely recommend this to anyone with the problem of makeup not staying, but this is definitely not for anyone with dry skin. the coverage was quite good, better than the prolongwear at first but layering this concealer is a huge no no where as prolongwear can be built upon and still look quite natural. The packaging isn't very hygienic but it's one of the classic concealer packagings so I guess it's acceptable. i got this at a drugstore for around $8 because it was onsale but i think it generally goes from $7-12 depending where and when you get it.
overall, this is pretty amazing for a drugstore concealer.
UPDATE: I've been using it more lately and I'm liking it more as I do, the coverage can be built upon and look natural if u build in very thin layers, so in other words, it can be just as good as pro long wear if u spend time to make it look good. Both for under eyes and acne/acne scars. Although ultimately pro long wear remains my HG for the color match, packaging, longevity, and consistency all trump the superstay.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Madihudson

I'm a concealer-holic and I LOVE concealer. I can never have too much of it. However, I was disappointed with this one. Maybe it was just because I was in a rush, but I grabbed this concealer a while ago and I've given it tons of chances. I don't like this concealer because it tends to dry out my skin and I hate the foam applicator. Maybe mine is defected but it hardly picks any product up and when I apply the product, I blend it out and turns out to have an extremely pink undertone which looks really bad. Overall, I'm not impressed. Judging on the other reviews, maybe I just picked up a bad one. The only up to this product is the price. I'm very glad I didn't spend lots of money on this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by ASPERGIRL

I like this for spot coverage but not under the eyes because it doesn't quite cover enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by camillajhb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

my HG for covering blemishes, using on top of revlon colorstay. won't go cakey unless you don't blend or something, and lasts ages. i reapply around 4 or 5pm when having my head in my hands all the time at my desk makes it rub off and my spots start to reappear. even then i don't get any issues with cakiness.

nevertheless, the packaging is tiny and the doe-foot applicator doesn't allow you to get like 30% of the product out! i have to use a thin brush.

a good alternative to collection lasting perfection if you can't get that in your country. just slightly less creamy and long-wearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by juculin

I put this on at 10am today, it's 8pm and this is still going strong. It's true that this concealer is more suited to skins with yellow undertones (which I have) and can look cakey if applied incorrectly. However I apply it with my beautyblender and having had acne for 7 years, I can say I've found nothing that looks more natural whilst still being full coverage for covering up blemishes.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by CarlyJaneB

I've had this product for just about 2 weeks now. For the first couple of days it was great! Now however I've noticed that its already starting to dry out. It doesn't blend anywhere near as well as it did for the first couple of applications and I'm now having to over rub with my concealer brush to actually get it to blend in. And maybe it's just me but it appears to be getting darker! I've also had to start applying it after my foundation because it rubs off when I apply my foundation. I was really impressed with this to start but now I'm feeling more than a little disappointed with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Amelielydia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only reason I wouldn't buy it again or recommend it is because I now only use cruelty-free makeup, but when I did use it I absolutely loved it and am struggling to find a concealer that gives me such great coverage in so many different shades, most of which are a perfect match for my pale olive skin. Really covers the dark circles under my eyes with going gross into my creases. I wish I could find another cruelty-free concealer that does the job!

I will say if you do choose to use it, it is really thick and probably not ideal for covering blemishes and spots as I imagine it would really stand out from your foundation.