MAC #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

4.4

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This brush is amazing for everything, foundation, blush, contour, base all over the lids, etc..... I bought this brush when it first came out with one of the collections and i recently repurchased it again so i can use it for other things when i need it. it's perfect, small, and dense unlike most stippling brushes it doesn't shed at all unlike the 109 and it's also much smaller than the 109. It will shed like three hairs when you wash it when you first get it but that's about it! so simply this brush is heaven!! ^_^

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I was sold this brush at the counter to apply liquid foundation. I didnt not like it thought covergae was not right how ever i have been using this brush to apply creame blush and i love it. I also use it sometimes to apply powder blusger and i have had no problems.

The best brush for cream blushes. I have broken capillaries on my cheeks and never feel cream or gel blushes look right; my cheeks just look redder,not flushed or healthy, when I use my fingers. The small, short head is perfect for the apples giving you control over exactly where you want color, rather than smearing with my fingers, and you can blend those quick-drying gels and tints super quickly and evenly with this brush. MUA are such experts using their fingers with creams, but I'm no professional so like the ease and control of a brush. If you want that wash of color and dewiness of a cream brush but feel finger application looks uneven, get this brush!

Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Absolutely.
I've used foundation brushes, but not stippling ones before. This brush allows for flawless application of my foundation like no other. I am thrilled with the results.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

(Be sure to click "continue" to read the review)

I truly have a love-hate relationship with this brush. I've had my 130 for a few years, so I feel I've used this brush enough times to really review it properly.
First, I'll begin with my loves...

* I love how dense and compact it is. I find that it applies/blends liquid foundation beautifully.

* It's small enough to get into the corners of my eyes to blend my concealer/foundation to cover my dark circles, or around the edges of my nose where I tend to have redness.

* It's large enough to work efficiently around my face as I blend my foundation in.

* I like using this brush to blend cheek stains (e.g. Benetint) onto my cheeks. The size of this brush works well to blend the stain so I end up with beautiful and natural looking flushed cheeks instead of concentrated red splotchy marks.

* I think I actually prefer this brush over my beloved 187

BUT... and this is one BIG BUT... I cannot stand that every time I wash my brush after using it, the black dye from the bristles will bleed onto the white bristles. I lie my brushes horizontally to dry on a clean towel, and the black dye even spills onto the towel! It's beyond gross.
I only use MAC brush cleanser or baby shampoo to clean my brushes, so I'm using cleansing products that are safe (and recommended) for makeup brushes. This is the one brush that has consistently given me problems. It's been well over a YEAR and the bristles are still leaking black dye.

Every time I use this brush with my foundation or cheek stain, I can't help but feel I'm also blending black dye onto my face. It has gotten to the point where I've stopped using this brush because of this problem. I even talked to a MAC makeup artist about this, and she said that she also experiences this, but then her sales instinct kicked in and she told me "Not to worry, you're not putting black dye on your face." Sorry, but I find that hard to believe when simply water will cause this brush to bleed.

I'll continue using this brush for now, but I am looking for an alternative.

I got this brush for liquid foundation application and I am happy that I did. This brush does not shed and is great if you are looking for a way to get an airbrushed look. I like this brush more than the 187 because it works better for areas like under the eyes and around the nose and this does not pick as much product as the 187 does so you have more control over the amount of product . I clean this after every use with mac brush cleanser and for deep cleaning,I just wash it with shampoo and conditioner. Overall, a great product just a bit pricey.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I bought this brush to use in addition to my MAC 187 stipling brush. I've had the 187 for about 4 months and after I got the hang of it, loved the way it evenly applies my foundation but it doesn't do a good job around my nose and under my eyes. I was really glad to see MAC had a smaller and slightly more compact stipling brush. I've been using the 130 (with the 187!) for a couple of weeks now and it's exactly what I wanted.

Like all MAC brushes the quality is very good and though I doubt I'll need to buy another I would.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I received this in a swap, so I didn't lose money on it, but I'm not too happy about it.

I used it for foundation as suggested and I used it with Smashbox HD, Benefit Some Kind-a-Gorgeous, and bb creams, they ALL applied streaky.

I can't use it for powder because it's too small, so I ended up using it for contouring, which works quite well.

Anyway, I love stippling brushes so I like to collect them xD but this brush isn't a good brush for foundation at all. Only powder.

I love this brush. It is such a great multi-tasker! I use this mostly for cream cheek products. I have a very small face so most brushes are too large to use, especially when it comes to the cheek area. I actually use a 109 for my blush and I find that a bit too large. Given that, the 130 is a godsend for my small cheeks! I mostly use it to apply cream blushes and very pigmented blushes. I also use this to apply a sheer layer of cheek highlighter. Sometimes, I use this to stipple concealer on larger patches of acne on my forehead and the redness around my nose. In a pinch, I can even use this as a foundation brush if all my other foundation brushes are unavailable. Overall, this is a great brush and I would buy it again if I ever needed to.

So I was in mac looking at this tempted to buy it just on its cute smallness to the 180 stippling brush which i used for my foundation, but didnt buy..
i went back to mac and spoke to the MA and she raved she used and garrenteed if i used it id swap my stiplling brush to this for applying foundation she said it applies better as it can get in those places big brushs cant eg: round the nose and eye area plus she said it makes the foundation sink in more. i said id take it she had sold me on it, It is pricey but I had been given some money by my partner so i thought go for it lets see if shes right!

And yes! I love it! When I first used it i thought hmm its gonna take ages to apply unlike the bigger stippling brush but I just started in small sections and to be honest it didnt really take long and i knew i was covering every little area of my face.

It looked flawless and well covered. she was right I am hooked on applying my foundation with this,
If you like to take the time to get your face flawless then buy this brush!
I also use it to do concealer too.

The reason I give a 4 star and not a 5 is the few times ive used it I think i may have used more foundation with it than the other brush but Its worth that extra pump of foundation for that great look!

Popular Makeup Brushes