September 1, 2014 | 1948 users online

Bronzers - Hard Candy - So Baked Bronzer - Tiki

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me start off by saying, I absolutely ADORE Hard Candy. They are one of my favorite brands recently discovered when they came out in Wal Mart (which is the only store I'm aware of that carries this brand) and I have been on the hunt for Tiki for a VERY VERY long time. I've seen countless reviews on YouTube and on the internet alike raving about this product. I was dying to try it, and literally, a year later, I finally snagged the last one in Wal Mart! I was so stoked. I have been using this everyday. I could not be happier with this product. This is definitely a highlighter - even for the lightest of skins, even though it says it's a bronzer - because I'm NC15 (the lightest I've ever been) and this gives me such a natural candle-lit glow. Not only was it a whopping 8$, but it comes with a TON of product, I've had my Hula Hula bronzer for months now and haven't even dented it, so I'm excited because I know this will last forever. This is a GORGEOUS light champagne color with golden veins in it, and it would look beautiful on any skintone, as I can imagine it being especially flattering on darker skin tones - but not too overwhelming. I use this ALL the time, and I love how I can use it wet to create a more intense "glow". I have been using eyeshadows as a highlight - and though I liked it, I find that it's just too intense and not natural looking enough, even though I do like a more dramatic highlight I still want something that stands out but isn't chunky glitter all over my face - and that's where Tiki comes in. I could go on for days. This is my HG highlighter. I might even get away with this on top of my contour some days. Not to mention the super adorable packaging that I love. Go buy this! if it's not sold out ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by ambiguouslove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like using this as a highlighter. The shimmer is pretty subtle and lends a really nice glow to my skin. The golden color of tiki works better for my skin tone than benefits highbeam. And not to mention the price is very reasonable compared to mac msf and other higher end highlighters. My only issue, and its a minor one, is that the highlighter isn't very long lasting, average wear time is probably about 4-5hrs on me. Also I'm not sure how sturdy the packaging would be.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 2:57:00 AM More reviews by BosnianGirlxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Although this is suppose to be a bronzer it's really more of a highlighter. It's a very beautiful golden/champagne color and I especially love it because it's not glittery or too shimmery. It's more of a satin finish so it looks very natural on the skin. It's also buildable so you can add more product to intensify the highlight or just swipe it once for a more natural glow. It's about $10 at Walmart and you get tons of product. I highly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've had this for a few yrs & I thought I had written a review for it but I can't find it anywhere.
Like everyone else said, this might be labeled as a bronzer but it's definitely a highlighter, even on the lightest skintones (I'm NW10). It is a nice golden glow.
This has been said to be a dupe for several different HE highlighters, including MAC Lightscapade & theBalm Mary Lou Manizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by becca108

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Now, I REALLY needed a nice bronzer because in the summer my face doesnt tan because of the moisturizer I use on the daily. THIS bronzer is AMAZING! it adds a light, sun-kissed color and a little shimmer to help your skin really glow! I wasnt really crazy about the price, however. This bronzer was 9 dollars, but i'm not complaining because it really does a great job without making you orange. A little goes a long way! I definitely reccommend this to you all!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this product, and I didn't initially realize how much I liked it, until I moved out of my parents & started living on my own. I couldn't take all of my makeup with me, and I left this bronzer behind thinking it wasn't a favorite, or staple item or anything, so I *thought* I wouldn't miss it. But once summer time came around, I was trying to use a lot of matte products to avoid the summer oiliness - I noticed my skin looked a bit dull. The first product that came into my mind to fix this problem & add life, clarity and and overall healthy beautiful glow to my skin, was the Hard Candy Tiki Bronzer. I used this as my highlight. I had to run out to Wal-mart and spend the $9 dollars on it again. I apply this right to the top of my cheekbones. Its a gorgeous baby champagne color with beautiful golden yellow reflex veining. I never want to be without this product again, and i don't think I will be because it lasts a LONG time. I think I'll have this baked bronzer for about a year or two before the entire compact is finished, which makes it totally worth the $9 dollars. I only took off one lippy because of the packaging. The packaging is a round plastic compact, with a white bottom and clear lid. The clear lid is a bit bulky and dome shaped (because of the round baked shape of the bronzer) And has some *tattooing* inky artwork around the frame of it, which is cute. But its hard to throw this into your purse. My old one broke (a screw came out and the lid fell off) which makes this bronzer super vulnerable to breaking because of how fragile baked products can be. But overall, I love this as a highlight and totally recommend it for all skin tones!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by scrowell

Girls, girls, girls! (and of course my makeup loving men out there) this is amazing. There is no other way to put it! I was willing to splurge on a fantastic highlight b/c I love a golden glow on cheekbones, tip of nose, etc..its just gorgeous and makes one look extremely healthy and alive. I checked out MAC soft and gentle, Nars albatross, the balm mary lou manizer(still want hehe), and DIOR, but for some reason I couldn't stop going back to this lil guy. So finally ran to Walmart on a whim at 10 o'clock at night to pick this baby up! LOVE! I spent $10 or $9 on this as opposed to $30 and up. Couldn't be happier. The next day I wore to class and a classmate asked what I was wearing, I love it when that happens because I do enjoy sharing a beauty love of mine, esp. when its so dang cheap! It just looks so natural, its golden/champagne, and PERFECT for summer, fall, and even winter. This is flattering on all/any skin tone. It lasts for a good amount of time, and the finish is just amazing. Crazy that I can type so much about a highlighter (I am a crazed makeup lover) but so worth it, guys. Highly recommend!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bronzer? No. Highlighter? yesyesyes! THis is a goldy bronze color, much too light for a bronzer, but it provides the perfect golden glow! With this and my MSF in Blonde, I don't need any more highlighters! This has the perfect amount if sheen and pigmentation, along with adorable packaging and a drugstore price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I have so many wonderful things to say about this product, let me just go ahead and tell you, there's one downfall:
The packaging (which I would be 100% fine with, were this not already a fragile product,) leaves something to be desired. I would not recommend carrying this in a bag you toss about; definitely not a purse, lest you find yourself with a coating of the loveliest golden shimmer all over your belongings. I learned this myself (twice) after breaking two of HC's baked blushes--the lids have a habit of breaking off easily. My fault really, and I'm not exactly the easiest on my makeup to be honest--plus HC at Walmart is very reasonably priced, so I am quite willing to repurchase if the product breaks due to packaging malfunctions.

I think the most wonderful thing about this product for me is that it isn't overtly warm-toned or dark, so cool-toned and pale girls need not be scared (NW20 here.) More importantly, tiki is powder form so it doesn't clog my pores like every single other (beautiful, but ultimately of limited use,) liquid highlighter I've tried. Powder highlighters that have failed me include MSFN lightscapade (to date the *only* MAC product I've returned,) NARS albatross (too gaudy), and benefit something...rose gold or the other, can't remember the name, but it was a messy, chintzy, spotlight. Did not like.

Tiki leaves its mark subtly, just as its meant to do. Especially when I am feeling a bit out of sorts, tiki plus illamasqua katie blush makes a lovely combo. Or if you have an outfit that shows your collarbones, it's a great highlighter to use on top of a liquid (like hawaiian tropics papaya ginger shimmer lotion, pick this up at walmart too). The lotion makes it last twice as long, and fantastic on top of your summer tan (from a tube, amirite?)

Anyway, just go buy this highlighter now. It's maybe $7 or $8 (but as others mentioned is for some reason stupidly called a bronzer by hard candy). Worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by alliemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Holy crap I love this! Perfect highlight shade for me, and looks so great on my shoulders and collarbones for going out. Only negative is that it has mineral oil, so I don't like using it every day.
Will definitely buy again though!