Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer - Tiki

4.5

Mica, Talc, Mineral Oil, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben. May Contain ( / -): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 12/8/2012 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Cannot even begin to describe how beautiful this product is. I read the great reviews on here, and took a trip down to walmart to purchase this little gem :) When I first applied (in my car, at the walmart parking lot..i know, absolutely no patience), I was pretty disappointed because nothing showed up on my face..and I was said to myself "huh, maybe it'll work as a face powder." well, i did the face powder bit a couple of times but I didn't find it to be anything special, but then I realized that I had worn out the first layer of the power; imparting the gorgeousness within. This is the most subtle, ethereal highlighter I own, absolutely does not show any glitter or shimmer just this beautiful sheen that is a bronzy/white gold in color. It shows up on the face only when you move your face into the sunlight. I love that! I would encourage all to try this product, and especially those with warm undertones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hooray for Hard Candy! This is a fantastic little product that works great as a highlighter for an overall glow. I've never been a fan of liquid highliters, so this baked one was right up my alley. It's not sparkly, but gives of a nice, subtle shimmer and glow.
Although I'm pale, it didn't work too well as a bronzer for me. It took a few swipes to get some real color, but I have a feeling that this would work well on the very pale. For everyone else, it's a fabulous highlighter at a steal!
EDIT: I believe I've just found the perfect way to use this. I previously used it after my setting powder, but it tended to look harsh and always needed blending. Now, after my foundation, I put this on the areas I want a little glow, add my setting powder, and presto! I have glowing skin that looks much more natural than before.

on 11/23/2012 6:15:00 PM

Omg I LOVE this bronzer/highlighter!!! From the moment I opened it and applied it..I'm and African American woman color NC50 in the winter and NW44. It's hard to find a good highlighter that doesn't make WOC look ashey and this does not at all. It gives you a beautiful Malibu glow as I call it.. I seriously don't leave the house without this and tropics on! Thank you hard candy..,

on 11/5/2012 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I love this as a highlight! I wear it everyday on my NW35 skin and it looks great! No problems with it breaking out my sensitive skin either.
The only complaint I have is that the packaging breaks really easily. And once it breaks, it can be quite messy.
Other than that, I'd recommend it.

on 10/11/2012 8:10:00 PM

Picked this up the other day. I LOVE IT!! Im NC15 and this is the perfect highlighter for me. I was using the Revlon Colorstay finishing powder but hated that it was so pink.

I LOVE this product. Im nc20 so this is what I use to highlight my cheekbones or I out it over my foundation if I want to have a dewy finish. Lasts so ling, good packaging,$9 at walmart and really makes you GLOW. I use this with my mufe hd foundation in 120. I have never found a highlight like it. Finely milled and doesnt add obvious glitter . Gives you a beautiful shimmer. I use this product everyday. LOVE it!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Let me start off by saying, I absolutely ADORE Hard Candy. They are one of my favorite brands recently discovered when they came out in Wal Mart (which is the only store I'm aware of that carries this brand) and I have been on the hunt for Tiki for a VERY VERY long time. I've seen countless reviews on YouTube and on the internet alike raving about this product. I was dying to try it, and literally, a year later, I finally snagged the last one in Wal Mart! I was so stoked. I have been using this everyday. I could not be happier with this product. This is definitely a highlighter - even for the lightest of skins, even though it says it's a bronzer - because I'm NC15 (the lightest I've ever been) and this gives me such a natural candle-lit glow. Not only was it a whopping 8$, but it comes with a TON of product, I've had my Hula Hula bronzer for months now and haven't even dented it, so I'm excited because I know this will last forever. This is a GORGEOUS light champagne color with golden veins in it, and it would look beautiful on any skintone, as I can imagine it being especially flattering on darker skin tones - but not too overwhelming. I use this ALL the time, and I love how I can use it wet to create a more intense "glow". I have been using eyeshadows as a highlight - and though I liked it, I find that it's just too intense and not natural looking enough, even though I do like a more dramatic highlight I still want something that stands out but isn't chunky glitter all over my face - and that's where Tiki comes in. I could go on for days. This is my HG highlighter. I might even get away with this on top of my contour some days. Not to mention the super adorable packaging that I love. Go buy this! if it's not sold out ;)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really like using this as a highlighter. The shimmer is pretty subtle and lends a really nice glow to my skin. The golden color of tiki works better for my skin tone than benefits highbeam. And not to mention the price is very reasonable compared to mac msf and other higher end highlighters. My only issue, and its a minor one, is that the highlighter isn't very long lasting, average wear time is probably about 4-5hrs on me. Also I'm not sure how sturdy the packaging would be.

Although this is suppose to be a bronzer it's really more of a highlighter. It's a very beautiful golden/champagne color and I especially love it because it's not glittery or too shimmery. It's more of a satin finish so it looks very natural on the skin. It's also buildable so you can add more product to intensify the highlight or just swipe it once for a more natural glow. It's about $10 at Walmart and you get tons of product. I highly recommend this!

on 8/30/2012 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've had this for a few yrs & I thought I had written a review for it but I can't find it anywhere.
Like everyone else said, this might be labeled as a bronzer but it's definitely a highlighter, even on the lightest skintones (I'm NW10). It is a nice golden glow.
This has been said to be a dupe for several different HE highlighters, including MAC Lightscapade & theBalm Mary Lou Manizer.

Popular Bronzers