August 1, 2014 | 1160 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single in Nutty

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 4:54:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

When I got this I thought Satin Taupe was a bit more purple compared to this, but upon swatching both next to each other, it looks pretty similar. One HUGE difference apart from the insane price difference is that this is way softer and way more pigmented with the higher end brand. I hardly use any of my MAC and Urban Decay shadows anymore, Wet n Wild has perfected the eyeshadow formulation! Bought a ton of backups of this together with Brule. Both make up my everyday eye. Simple. Quick. Inexpensive. Great quality. Definitely a must buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by ashley92504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great little eyeshadow for only $1.99. I used this as a "work" eyeshadow in the crease on& off for 2 months. The color itself did not work for me, it kinda made me look sick/washed out, but everything else about this eyeshadow was great.
---
Because I am very cool toned pale, it seemed to look warm orange with silvery shimmer (warm trying to be cool color, or a cool on top of orange color). I had no problems with the packaging, the price was absolutely great for anyone.
---
I wore this eyeshadow over my beloved elf eyelid primer and never once did I experience a single crease from this eyeshadow. We're talking no creasing after 10+ hours of wear too. The es is silky smooth and it applies silky too which made it super easy to blend. It is not chalky. It has great pigmentation, and i absolutely loved the sheen/finish of the eyeshadow.
---
I personally would not buy this product again but
I would definitely recommend this product to someone with warm(maybe even neutral?) skin tone. Cool toned ladies, not so much :p

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

This is similar to MAC satin taupe but is warmer and less purple/silver toned which makes it alot more wearable on my fair but warm skintone. Usually cool based greys and taupes just turn a weird shade of silver on me this is a nice mid-range shade slightly cool but warm at the same time. Very nice buttery texture and super affordable - we don't have this brand in NZ but it is being imported privately and I can source through auction sites - picked this up along with Brulee for $7.50 NZD (approx $3.50 in US dollars) so I still got these for quite a bargain considering that here in NZ the average shadow single from Revlon/Covergirl is in the $20 range and MAC is $35-40 a piece and this is of better quality than most brands and comparable to MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i absolutely love this shadow ! let me tell you this really does look like a much more expensive shadow on. the color pay off is right on the money. it looks so great for an every day look with some liner and mascara ! or if you pack it on and smoke it out for a night on the town ! i would recommend this shadow. its a great staple for anyones makeup collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just love this taupe shadow. Taupe is very hard to pull off for me because it can make my whole face appear dull and accentuate my dark under eye area. However, Nutty provides the opposite effect! Nutty brightens my eyes and gives a nice polished natural makeup look. Nutty has such great dimension for an inexpensive drugstore product. By dimension, I mean it can lean cool, warm, walnut brown, silvery taupe depending on the lighting. The pigmentation (over primer) is outstanding. I can't rave enough about this shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by oliviasMUA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome. Picked it up just for the fun of it, and it turned out to be one of my favorite eyeshadows. You can swipe some over the entire lid up to the crease for a really light, natural look. Or you can build it up in the outer corner for night. Seriously, great product, great color, nothing to lose.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

This is such a beautiful product. The color is gorgeous and perfect for an every day lid color. The shadow is highly pigmented, also very silky and very very similar in quality to a higher end shadow. And it's $2. This is a no brainer to pick up this color to add in your collection. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by curlycolor

Love the application of this shadow; it goes on like silk and blends so easily. Great color payoff. But, Wet 'n' Wild, is it too much to ask for you to add some cool-toned neutrals to your collection? You have a lot of warm tones, and Nutty is definitely warm. Come on, give us a couple of cool, grayish taupes to balance things out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Lasgalen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This eyeshadow surprised me to say the least. I hadn't tryed any Wn'W products, for a very long time at least and decided to try this eyeshadow after hearing good things about it. Wow. It's so buttery and smooth! The colour is a fawn light brown with a heavy silver sheen. It looks quite cool toned in the pan but really warms up when applied. As I remember I paid less than $2 for this eyeshadow! Such a bargain and quality I was not expecting. The packaging is ok, plain... I like it actually, small and compact. I don't always go for shimmery eyeshadows, but when I do I reach for this one! Staying power is excellent. I would definitely buy this again if I ever ran out. I'm going to pick up Wn'W Brulee next! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by girrlbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this eyeshadow because I've read so many great reviews and I was very impressed with the pigmentation and application! The only thing that I disliked was that my eyes watered terribly whenever I wore it. I have other Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadows that don't give me grief, but for some reason this one did. I'm willing to go buy it again in hopes that the first one I bought was part of a bad batch because I adore this color and Wet 'n' Wild overall!