St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient Salicylic Acid 2% Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Hydroxide, Menthyl Lactate, PEG-150 Distearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenethyl Alcohol, Limonene, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Linalool, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascorphyllum Nodosum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Yeast Extract (Faex, Extrait De Levure), Green 5 (Ci 61570), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Red 4 (Ci 14700), Red 33 (Ci 17200), Blue 1 (Ci 42090).

on 8/11/2011 8:16:00 AM

Ive been using the st ives scrubs for years now. All the st ives scrubs work on me so ive been using them day and night everyday. I know that i shouldnt exfoliate everyday but i really dont want to try other brands as i have had bad experiences trying out other brands. There werent any available st ives cleansers in australia except their scrubs so i stuck with it. Until recently they sold the olive and green tea cleansers. The olive oil being popular for the skin, i tried it first. I found that it rmoved make up but it felt too light and watery that i found myself still using the scrub after. Because of my exp with the olive oil i ignored the green tea cleanser thinking it would be the same. For a while i kept my original scrub routine. A week ago i just suddenly felt that i should probably try the green tea cleanser as i reallt want to reduce the use of scrub on my face. I'M SO GLAD I TRIED IT! Its a lot better than the olive oil. Its more foaming, removes make up and it cleanses more.it also reduces my breakouts. I usually have one or two pimples but now i dont have any new ones. It smells alright and its cheap too. It didnt dry out my skin either given that its winter here in australia. It feels so soft while u lather ir on ur skin. I really recommend this. It cleans thoroughly but its still gentle. I am now using it morning and night everyday amd i have stopped the scrubingg.i will now only exfoliate once a week.

on 8/9/2011 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really like this cleanser. Now that I am out of my teen years, I need to continue to use an acne wash, but one that isn't so harsh. This cleanser isn't drying, keeps my redness down and still prevents breakouts. I really like the combination of gentleness and deep cleansing it provides for me. Although this may not be the best acne wash for teens or those facing more than a zit here and there, it is great for a "transitioning adult"- one who is no longer a teen in need of harsh cleansers to fight acne, but not totally ready to move into combating wrinkles. A good buy and a good price.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I am very pleased with this cleanser. I have been using it for about two months now, morning and night. I wash my face twice at night, and find it removes my makeup well. It has kept my breakouts under control (i still break out, but not as much). I have combo skin, so I do have to moisturize well after cleansing since it does dry out my skin quite a lot. Every other day, I mix a pump of this with baking soda to make a very serious anti-acne, poor-clearing exfoliator, but I DO NOT recommend that for people with sensitive skin. Overall, this is very inexpensive, removes my makeup, doesn't irritate my skin and helps with blemishes. All that said, of course I will be repurchasing!

on 7/14/2011 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

i used that cleanser since the 90s! I use this one in the morning. Yes,they change a little bit the formula,it is more hydrating i find.wich i am happy about! So,overall it cleanse my face,hydrate my face,no hurt in my eyes whatsoever! It is great to rehydrate the face in the morning,fresh it up a little with some water...i use a little,you don't need that much,cause it foams well! Love the scent,the feel,the look after!then i put my st ives timeless skin collagen ellastin,my neostrata radiance cream and sometimes after my day outside,i use my vichy aqualia antiox...all those products does wonders combine together! Love my soft soap by st ives that doesn't dry out my skin!love it!

waaay too harsh for my skin. it felt like a soap more than a face wash. irritated my skin and made it red. i'm sensitive, dry, oily t zone with break outs along my chin, and this stuff was lame!!! love the green tea scrub and the gentle invigorating scrub, but i hate the apricot scrub, it totally tears up your skin.
anyway it dried out my skin and just felt so cheap.

on 6/28/2011 10:58:00 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this cleanser! I had the worst breakout of my life last week. It lasted for two weeks. My entire chin and upper lip was a complete zitfest. OH it was horrible. I couldn't even cover it up with makeup the bumps were so red and big. I discovered this cleanser and instantly fell in love with it. After using it one time, the redness on my face was diminishing! I couldnt believe it. I use it twice a day, morning and night, with my Olay Pro-X cleansing tool. I've used it for a week now, and all of my zits are gone, and there's barely any signs that I had such a horrible break out. The smell is great and the package is nice, it has a lock on it which is good because it keeps the product from leaking. It is a bit drying, but if you apply moisturizer like you're supposed to, there is no sign of dryness at all. I will definitely keep using this product, nothing has ever worked so well or so fast. GO ST. IVES!

on 6/26/2011 11:44:00 AM

This product is way too harsh/synthetic. I bought this because green tea really agrees with my skin but not under a mountain of chemical solvents and fragrance i wish i had read the back more carefully! this actually really reminds me of hand soap, it smells just as a strong and is just as harsh. My skin reacted badly not only did it look red and irritated but it caused an oil overdrive. My skin was so oily and i started to get massive pimples. fragrance or solvents are not always terrible but in this cleanser the combination of both in spades is not good in my opinion. This honestly discourages me from trying new things on my face because my skin wont be back to normal for at least a couple weeks!

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The only thing I don't like about this product is the smell, it's a bit odd. However, it does clean my skin nicely and doesn't really dry me out. I alternate this with a Neutrogena cleanser during the summer to keep my skin happy.

Will repurchase.

on 6/21/2011 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have mixed feelings about this cleanser, but overall I do like it and would buy it again. As other reviewers have said, it does dry out your skin a little bit, but that feeling is gone once I put my moisturizer on so it doesn't bother me much. I'd lost hope with a horrible breakout and felt like nothing would help clear it, then I bought this on a whim and I'm glad I did. This and their Green Tea scrub are quickly clearing my skin and I recommend both.

I wanted to like this product - I really did. I thought green tea and salicylic acid would be the perfect combination to combat my spots and redness, but it didn't work out for me at all. I've actually broken out a little more from using it. And yes, I've been using it in conjunction with the green tea scrub as well. It smells really yummy, though, which is a plus. The packaging is also quite good, because it's easy and you can always see how much you have left.
Overall though, this product really didn't do anything for me. Bit of a shame, I was pretty excited about trying it! Oh well.