July 28, 2014 | 1780 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Semi-Matte in Heat Wave

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by bethd44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous color. Love this one. I do add a bit of gloss because the texture is so matte but it's just a lovely color and very heavily pigmented. Best applied with a brush or finger smudged, IMO, and with very little other make-up. NARS lipsticks are so fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2008 5:24:00 AM More reviews by kattymat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Received in swap. This is an orange-red and can be described as a 'retro' type of lip shade. It is fun and bright and flirty. I find the staying power is just ok, sort of peels off, but that could be my funky lips. I often pair this with a cat-eye / minimalist eye makeup for a pin-up girl, classic sort of look. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 6:51:00 AM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I TOTALLY LOVE this lipstick. I just got into reds recently--I always loved them but thought I would look ridiculous with red lipstick. Anyways I am totally digging this red which I can pull off despite the fact that its a bright orange red, in your face, not for the faint of heart, matte finish lipstick. I wore it today with a bright multicolor print dress and got a bunch of stares and some compliments. It looks great with my pinkish LLL complexion (refer to profile for pics). I will post a profile pic with Heat Wave soon, and hope that it will help those who are in the NC25/NW 25 range. All in all I like its texture a lot (it doesnt rub off--on plates, straws, teeth or anything else) and stays put for a good ten hour day. It brightens up my whole face, and when used with MAC sunbasque, its ethereal. I would repurchase this till I die and I really believe this lipstick is truly unique. I havent found a dupe, even in MAC (Lady bug isnt this great, and neither was Lady danger). I highly recommend, and at 24 bucks its a steal for the uniqueness and high quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 1:00:00 AM More reviews by articia527

I am a bit obsessed with red lipstick, but this might be my favorite. Red Lizard is nice too. Shu Uemura makes beautiful reds. But this is one of the best combinations of gorgeous pigment and staying power I have ever seen. If you exfoliate, lightly moisturize and blot excess moisture prior to application, it is the perfect consistency [halfway between a cream and matte] and stays forever and ever. The pigment is absolutely outstandingly rich and seems as though it would be flattering on a wide range of complexions. I think it's definitely worth at least a try on in Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2008 2:50:00 AM More reviews by greydawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE Heat Wave. It's a very bright, intense orange-red color that really pops against my pale, PPP skin. I am a little lighter than MAC NC15, and this color looks great with just some mascara, nude shimmer eyeshadow and a barely perceptible pink cheek. It brings out the rosey tones in my skin somehow, and makes me look flushed. So apply the blush very sparingly.
The color applies very matte on me, so I dab a bit of Aquaphor on top to make it a little more creamy and comfortable to wear. NARS really should work on their semi-matte formula, it's quite drying. On the plus side, it applies very precisely directly from the tube, and really stays put.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A beautifully intense and bright orangey-red. I was looking for the lipstick equivalent of Exhibit A and I think I've found it in Heat Wave. On my lips it's extremely loud and bright. I will say though that I think it'd look fabulous with most colourings. So far I have worn it with Exhibit A, Taj Mahal and Everyday Minerals Siesta (dc) with great results. It has awesome staying power and it looks great both as a stain blotted onto my lips or applied normally. However, you really have to have patience with it due to the dryness of the formula. Maybe it's designed that way so it has staying power, I don't know, but regardless of whether I wear lip balm, the lipstick just dries my lips out. I don't have the patience these days to be blotting and so forth (I originally reviewed this some time ago - it's now September 2009). I want to swipe and go. I can do that with my MAC lippies and I own some MAC lippies that are similar to Heat Wave. Sadly I won't buy again and have given this away. :|

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 1:17:00 PM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my "summer" red. I really love this colour, but I recommend "dabbing" it in with a finger to give it the stained look. Great staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2007 11:27:00 AM More reviews by beauticonnexion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am in the "old Hollywood" style at the moment and this is the perfect daytime red for work. It is not as loud as Red Lizard and more orangey coral. It looks fab on my olive toned skin and brightens up the whole look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2007 5:48:00 AM More reviews by flamingofloozy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

his is my al time fave lipstick. it's lasts for so long and the colour is so bright and fun. def buy if you're not scared of colour!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2007 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Adah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The most beautiful red that I own. I've been looking for a good retro red. Not one of those "wearable" reds people wax poetic about, but something super bright and with a vintage feel. Nars Red Lizard was too dark (it's very like MAC Russian Red), MAC Ruby Woo too dry and matte (dull texture!), MAC Powerhouse not matte enough. Nars Heatwave is perfect. Vivid, orange-red, which on me (PPP, Brunette) looks very 1950s. Love it.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No