Lucy Minerals Foundation

4.2

zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, magnesium stearate, iron oxides, allantoin, Apple Poly polyphenols, resveratrol, green coffee bean extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate

I have been using this for only 4 days but I love it so much I can't resist declaring it a HG!!!
Background: I have acne-prone skin with a lot of hyperpigmentation. My skin is flaky from using Finacea and Mandelic Acid and lately I've found that foundation just looks terrible because of the uneven skin tone and poor texture. My Tarte foundation really accentuated my flaky skin and even though it was high coverage it didn't look perfect.

I got the Light formula and it is really amazing. My skin looks so even and even the texture looks good. I got Creamy Bisque and its a very good match for my light-medium Asian skin. Finally makeup that doesn't look so obvious and cakey!

I will update after longer use.

on 2/13/2013 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

During winter I'm a NC/NW 15. In EMD I use Linen during this time of year.

I tried this in Lucy Light cause it has less ingredients then her other formulas, for my really oversensitive acne prone skin. (I also have a lot of redness to cover)

The shade Light is the closest, this one is Lucys most light but "not pink" color (the Fair is the pink version). This one is still a little too pink compared to my ordinary EMD shades that I use to neutralize redness (linen and Fairly Light neutral).

How it looks on the skin: I've discovered (after using EMD with Lauroyl lysine and mica for many years) that traditional mineral makeup containing traditional ingredients like a mix of titanium dioxide and Zink oxide looks strange on my skin. I blame the titanium dioxide giving me the "thick", messy look after a few hours... It also brings that typical "opaque" color to the skin and becomes horrible on photos.
I have to say that I like both Lily Lolo (mica + Zink oxide) and EMD matte (Lauroyl lysine + mica) more compared to Makeup with TD.

In this way I think that we shouldn't bunch all mineral makeup together, but instead see them as different kinds of products as they contain different ingredients.

Does not keep my oil at bay, it "melted" down within 3 hours. But my skin is extremely oily (in this particular part the lily lolo is better, but then lacks the coverage).

Coverage is great though, it covers imperfections well.Price is overcoming

(Can't tell if it would break me out, cause I didn't use it that long, cause I don't like the look too much...)

Really good costumer service!!

Summery:

Pros:

- good coverage
- reasonable price
- nice costumer service

Cons:

- traditional mmu containing TD, becomes thick and messy on my skin
- the most neutral shade Light is also a little too pinkish for me and my daily redness. I need more "light yellow"...

But I believe in this company for a little more normal skintypes, and I can see that it could work for others.

on 1/28/2013 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought the original formula. What I found is that the mineral goes on very smoothly with a kabuki brush and the finish is matte at first and it is a full coverage foundation. A little goes a long way and it's quite creamy. However if your skin is super dry it will show dry patches. What the deal-breaker for me was that it had no oil-control and in about two hours i looked obviously oily and that's when the make up started to slide so I definitely cannot use this for a whole work day. I bought it cause of the fantastic reviews on this site but unfortunately it disappointed me.

on 1/8/2013 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I wanted to like this product so badly, but it did not work for me personally.
I tried the original formula. On their website, it says for best results to use a finishing powder. They are not kidding. Use one with this foundation.
This truly is the CREAMIEST mineral foundation.
BUT, I have oily skin and this just made it more oily. I had to blot all the time, although I will say the makeup stayed put even with the constant blotting.
And so then I broke out. Not awful, but I did start getting small whiteheads that I was not getting before I started using this.
All in all, this did not work for my skin, but I can definately see how it would work for others. The coverage is nice, creamy, and natural looking. I think this would be great for those with normal to dry skin.

on 11/18/2012 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

(Sampled the original formula.) Sadly this broke me out. It also creases a bit around the eyes as a previous reviewer pointed out. I will possibly try the Lucy Minerals light formula to see if I get better results. The thing that separates this from other mineral makeup in my opinion is it's water resistant qualities which allows for it to last longer in humid conditions. For now though, I will stick to Everyday Minerals (matte base and jojoba base) as it doesn't break me out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first mineral makeup purchase ever because I was always afraid of venturing into mineral powders because of all the irritating and pore clogging ingredients like bare minerals. So I did my research and came to the conclusion that the formulation Lucy 'light' in the shade cream cream would be my best match (NC 15/20) The Lucy light formula is perfect for very sensitive and reactive skin types which is myself. My skin is very acne prone and will break out from anything I use on it, so my skincare routine is very simple. Anyways the light formula is perfect for me because it has very few great ingredients:
Ingredients ~ zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, magnesium stearate, iron oxides
The coverage is medium-full depending how many layers you do. The trick to applying this is stippling it in very thin layers as to prevent it from getting cakey.
It has a semi-matte finish, however after a few hours my skin feels very oily,so I have to blot frequently throughout the day with this on, but i love it so much I don't really mind.
I would recommend this to anyone and everyone!

on 10/23/2012 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I always use foundation because I was never sure how well mineral foundation would work on me. I have oily, acne-prone skin but I was hearing so much about this, so I wanted to give this a try. After doing some research, I came to conclusion cream would be the best match. This gives great coverage in one application. I couldnt believe it. Good color match, great pigmentation. But here are the drawbacks. It cakes up after 30 minutes, it doesnt last long. If I can find a good primer or setting spray, I would throw away all my liquid foundation and keep this.

on 10/21/2012 11:46:00 AM

I was really excited to use this product after reading the reviews, but it just isn't for me. It doesn't really blend well, it settles into the SMALLEST lines, cakes, and makes me break out.

on 10/12/2012 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Before I found this makeup I thought Colorstay was the only answer for full coverage, but it takes me forever to apply correctly and I missed using a mineral makeup. I had used Everyday Minerals in Medium a few years ago, but my skin had become more dry and it no longer worked as well. I think Lucy colors are generally darker than EM; I got samples of medium, light medium, and bisque. The bisque was surprisingly the best match, although it's a bit yellow. I mix water and jojoba oil and wait until it dries, then I tap the foundation on with the Lucy flat top buffer brush. I've found that I don't really need the finishing powder. On my first order, the bisque I received was off color compared to the sample but after a quick e-mail they had no problem shipping me a new one. Great makeup at a good price and wonderful customer service.

on 9/30/2012 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am NC15, acne prone, redness, very dry in the winter and very oily in the summer and between I am normal. This stuff is amazing. This stuff is very pigmented, natural looking and buildable. If I am applying this all over, I use a flat top kabuki brush like the one by Everyday Minerals. If I am applying it in areas of redness and not all over my face, I use my ELF small tapered brush for areas like around my nose,chin or cheeks. I start out with one thin layer and then I go back and add more to areas that need more coverage. You really only need a little bit, so I see this lasting a very long time. This has a creamy texture, so I don't see this working for me on very hot days unless I use a matte finishing powder. On days I am super dry I just apply another layer of moisture on top of my sunscreen. Also, this is great for setting my under eye concealer. This lasted all day for me, however, I am a nursing student and I am not running around all day. So I am not sure how long it lasts with excessive sweating. I am the shade Pale Olive or mixing 3/4 white and 1/4 cream. I have been using this foundation since August 3x a week and it doesn't even look like i put a dent in it
EDIT 1/8/2013: I STILL LOVE THIS STUFF. I also like using it as a spot concealer for pimples and under my eyes. It covers so well
EDIT 3/6/2013: I still love this! Right now I have redness issues and it conceals it really well!
EDIT 9/8/2013: I just finished a "try it" size (not using it exclusively) and I still love it! I no longer have redness issues but it really evens out my dry skin without clinging to dry patches! I have already bought a full size
EDIT 4/30/2014: I Still love this product and I still agree with my above review. However, after I stopped using it when I ran out of it, I found it was the culpit of my breakouts :( The ingredient in it was the magnesium. If this does not irritate your skin I highly suggest this product 100%. I am not changing any of the ratings because of my skin's sensitivity because I still think it is an amazing product.