September 16, 2014 | 1487 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Miracle Worker Miraculous Anti-Aging Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by juicy415

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

after a day of using this product, it felt lightweight and refreshing but then in the afternoon i saw red bumps on my cheeks!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by sudali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Wow, this is awesome for super dry skin! I prefer it over Hope in a jar & also better than When Hope is Not Enough replenishing cream! Just the right amount of moisture without it looking or feeling greasy! A+

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by RobinRealini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing. My skin has never looked better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by elena85

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This moisturizer has been a life saver for me this winter! Background on my recent skin condition: although my skin is clear, it is sensitive/combination, and in the areas that are prone to dryness there is flakiness (all in all not a nice palette for makeup). Granted I've started using a retinol based product and I use the Clarisonic every other night but even when I decreased the use of those products my skin was still dry. I've tried tons of products to combat my flakiness. I've used Dior hydra action, clinique's moisture surge, and my least favorite philosophy's hope in a jar and nothing has helped to alleviate it. The SA at the Philosophy counter said that she had skin issues similar to mine, used this product, and that I could bring it back if I didn't like it. I've used it the past several days and what a difference it has made to the texture of my skin and the application of my makeup. Gone is the flakiness, my makeup application is now even and flawless, and my co-worker noted that my skin was glowing. I love that it sinks in quickly and that I don't have to wait for it to set before starting makeup application. In addition, there are anti-aging properties to this but I have had zero irritation and for a fair person like me its noticeable if I do get irritated. Hope that someone else struggling with dry, sensitive skin reads this and tries this cream too!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a good moisturizer, but for $55 I expected it to be a bit better than that. No, I wasn't expecting to look 21 within a week of using it (or ever, for that matter). However I have had this for three weeks and have used it faithfully at night with ho-hum results. I also don't particularly care for the consistency, it's a bit on the thinner side for me....a bit like yogurt. My skin gets super dry with the Midwest winters and yes this helped....but again, that just makes it an expensive moisturizer, In my opinion any Olay night cream would provide the same level of hydration at way less than half the cost. It's just not for me. I won't be repurchasing this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by 101MAC101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love this Moisturizer, Its truly god sent..lol..I have really dry skin all year long..Inspite of regular exfoliation and moisturization, I cant wear any kind/brand of hydrating foundation, because it gets all cakey and flaky.I have been using Philosophy's Miracle for about 3 weeks now, 2 times daily, once in the morning and once just before going to bed, At night, I mix in 2 drops of Philosophy's 'hope is not enough serum' with the moisturizer. The moisturizer does feel a lil sticky when you first apply but that disappears once it is absorbed into the skin, and it absorbs really fast and it also smells good..OMG, i dont feel the tightness of my skin anymore, my skin is baby soft, and no more dry patches!! I would seriously die if philosophy d/c this product:)Thank you Philosophy for creating this miracle!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by rhondajoy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Miracle for about two weeks and I love it! It truly does moisturze very dry skin. It glides on and absorbs well. Make-up goes on over this very nicely. Do I look a lot younger? Well, I think that would take a heavenly miracle. My hope is my skin will stop or at least slow down the aging process. Moisture has to help! The jar it comes in could be nicer. It is just a cheap plastic jar with a black plastic lid. I love the product enough to overlook the cheap packaging. Why really knows if the more expensive products do a better job than the cheap? Still, I love this stuff. I recommend it. Rhondajoy

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Absorbed quickly like hiaj original formula. I didn't have to worry about the "rosy glow" regular HIAJ gives (I am already ruddy.) Smell was better than other phil. products. Lighter feel than most Phil. moisturizers.

CONS: When I am very dry, this is not enough for me. Somewhat pricey. Some won't like that it comes in a jar (but I have clean hands when I apply moisturizer, so I don't worry about that.)

Alternates: Philosophy's HIAJ if this isn't moisturizing enough for you... or Philosophy's WHINE Repl. Cream is even a bit heavier than the Hope in a Jar. If it doesn't need to be Philosophy, My new fave for very moisturizing while not clogging me AT ALL is Aveeno - Positively Nourishing Comforting Whipped Souffle, which is actually made for the body, but I love it for my face.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Belann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Update: After some research,I choose another product for my face. I am not so sure these pads are as effective as I would like. I will continue to use these for my neck since they are fairly inexpensive. I just needed more retinol for my face. So far, after using the cream for three weeks, I am loving it. Very hydrating. I use this over my Doir Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Serum and under Marie Veronique tinted sunscreen.
My mineral makeup wears very well over this mix.
No itching or other skin reactions and I have thrown many creams away because of itching issues.
My face does look a little dewy but not too much shine on my face.
If I built up my foundation I think it would look pretty matte.
Even if you are not a big Philosophy fan , and I am not, you may love this cream.
As another reviewer wrote, it is probably best on skin that is somewhat dry.
And as for being in jar? I use little plastic things, like they have at some makeup counters, to get the cream so it is not a problem for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 9:14:00 AM More reviews by yoganurse

My skin looks really amazingly refreshed, relaxed, and hydrated after using this. It's in a jar, so you have to take it out with fingers...not the best, that's why the "3" for packaging. However, I had to give rate it a "5" overall because nothing recently has given my face this kind of glow without an unwanted greasy shine. I don't think anyone under 40 would need this and possibly it could make a younger person's face look too shiny. If you're older with dry skin though, give this a try!