Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick

4.3

on 10/16/2014 9:38:00 AM

I have 12 of these. TWELVE. I kind of went a little crazy during a Rite Aid BOGO...

They are (in no particular order, though I will star my absolute favorites):

Urban Night
Bordeaux Boulevard **
Ravin Raisin
Sugar Plum Fairy **
Bare It All

Only one of these is an all-out dud for me, and that's Mocha-licious, and that's just because the color doesn't work with my complexion. I have found that the darker and brighter shades are of slightly better quality: i.e. they don't have the patchiness the lighter/nud-er ones can have. The 3 I have from the limited edition fall collection are ALSO of a slightly better quality, as they seem to have a different formulation (these are: Sweet Cream, Urban Night, and Bordeaux Boulevard -- my absolute FAVE, you need that one!! They also come in the matte black tube), so I recommend picking those up while they're still available.

Other than that, I don't have any real comments on the actual colors since you'll have to decide what you like and works for you. I'm really impressed with the risks WnW took with some of these shades. They really took current trends into consideration and formulated a line with interesting colors at an insanely great price. Do I think the Mega Last lipsticks are of the highest quality? No. They can be uncomfortable to wear, are drying, and like I said - some individual shades aren't as great as the others. BUT. They're definitely on par with a lot of pricier drugstore products. I will wear these all, and have been having a blast collecting them without breaking the bank. You can get a bunch and probably find at least one you can't live without!

(Seriously. I have twelve of them...)

on 10/16/2014 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

In looooove with these lipsticks! My absolute faves are Wine Room and Bare it All :].
Stoplight Red is a perfect red - makes your teeth appear whiter!
They're extremely affordable. The packaging is the only con I can think of for these honestly.
The pigmentation of these lipsticks are exactly how they are in the sticker colors.
I must say that the colors can be hard to find, but I found many colors at my local Walgreens.

Tip: I recommend (as others have previously said) to dab on the lipstick if you don't want its true color.
It's under 2 bucks, try it!

on 10/15/2014 7:59:00 PM

I absolutely love these lippies! I bought them for .69 cents (on sale of course) at Walgreens but I believe they are normally 1.50-1.99. Either way, very affordable! The ONLY problem I have with them is they can be drying...after a few hours ;) not bad. I do exfoliate and moisturize my lips before applying to try and avoid drying as long as possible. It does come off on drinks or food very easily but most of it will stay on your lips. Throughout my 9 hour work day I will reapply at least once, maybe twice. Still, I love! My favorite is Mauve outta here. Very beautiful and pigmented color. They are all nicely pigmented and absolutely beautiful, true to color.

on 10/10/2014 4:39:00 PM

EASY TRICK TO KEEP LID ON ---> Love the lipstick and hate the container? Simply put a layer of scotch tape around the inside of the lid. Align the tape so it doesn't have to fold over the edge of the tube. Your Mega Last will stay closed like a dream!

This lipstick is A-MAZING!!! I have been obsessing over finding the perfect everyday "nude" lip color but everything was always too pale, too brown or too pink. Or if I found a shade I liked the product itself was terrible...too sticky, too drying or just gone after 5 minutes. Seriously... I have tried probably hundreds of lip products. And then I found Wet N Wild Mega Last Lipsticks!!! Of course the one I'm most excited about is "bare it all" because it is the PERFECT nude lipstick but I also bought several others and I love them all!!! They are amazingly pigmented and last hours without making lips feel too dry. And they're $1.99!!! Seriously... Don't bother with any other lipstick. This is officially the best!

on 9/24/2014 7:52:00 PM

I love these lippies! They have great colors that are almost identical to some high end lipsticks. I exfoliate, moisture, and occasionally prime my lips before using any lipstick. It can be a bit drying after awhile but over all I love them! I have almost all shades.

on 9/21/2014 1:54:00 AM

These are my HG lipsticks. These lipsticks are very moisturizing, very color pigmented and last all day. I have almost every shade in this collection and the price is fantastic, though the packaging could be better.

on 9/6/2014 1:23:00 AM

Incredible product and I am astounded by the great price. One con I have is the packaging, you have to be careful that you don't break the tube when putting the lid back on but I can completely forgive that. The formula is not too drying for a matte lipstick, if your lips feel quite dry I recommend putting a lip balm (I use Lucas' pawpaw) on 5 mins before application then it will glide on. It lasts all day as well - no touch ups necessary providing you aren't drinking a lot other wise just a quick check will see you on your way! The range of colours is also very good, so far I have 6 shades and my favourite is 'mauve outta here.' I buy mine from beauty joint , for $3 please give them a go!!

on 9/4/2014 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

If you want a matte lippy, this is it. I only use 3 colors religiously. One is think pink & is a pretty light pink buddy shade. Purty Persimmon is a corally red shade which is a great summer color and can be used for a red ombré lip. And my ultimate fave Bare It All. The best ever matte nude brown lip. It is a bit draggy but I've found that if you put Chapstick on before you put on your lipstick it's fine. Also some colors drag more than others. Use a dabbing motion to put this on rather than a swipe and it applies on perfectly. I loooove them. Word of advice-if you have chapped lips, this lipstick will inform the world. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate, then moisturize or you will look like your lips are diseased. NOT CUTE. Super pigmented colors even for very deep ebony complexions. These babies show up! Will repurchase forever.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this today in the shade Cherry Bomb. It is a super dark, brown toned red color. I felt inspired to wear a color like this because of Zoella videos on YouTube (she wears a very dark vampy lip in some vids). Aaaand HOLY CRAP is this lipstick pigmented! I mean, just one coat and my lips were the dark exact color of the bullet. And the super matte finish looked absolutely gorgeous.
You have to be feeling really feminine to carry the amount of pigmentation these lipsticks offer you with confidence! I find they make a bold statement.
Anyways, I think in terms of moisturizing properties these lipsticks fail miserably. But if you apply lip balm beforehand I don't see how that could be a problem.
The pigmentation, matte finish and longevity of this product for just $2.19 makes it a BRILLIANT purchase for me. Definitely recommend it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials