April 17, 2014 | 1414 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Deelicious79

I just love this product! I colored my hair yesterday with it, and it turned out really, really nice. A couple of weeks ago, I used a discontinued brand of Clairol hair color (Balsam Color to be exact) and I had brought it on sale for $2.80. Well I applied it in my hair, it started out nice, but the grays came back within a week (guess I got what I paid for, or I suppose it was old color). So I looked around for a color that wasn't permanent and didn't damage my hair too much since I previously used a permanent hair color that lasted no time. I lucked up and saw Healthy Look, which was on sale for $5 (normally it runs about $9) and thought I would try it since it was demi permanent. I used shade #5 Medium Brown, and I'm about 10%-15% gray. My natural hair color is dark brown, but since my hair was already colored with a medium ash brown shade (which you must wait at least 2 weeks if you have a bad color job which was permanent and you must recolor again) along with the showing gray. For me, instead of leaving it in for 15 minutes for resistant gray, I left it in for 13 minutes so it won't look black instead of brown. And a good thing I did-my hair is a rich chocolate dark brown color and all the grays are gone! And the conditioner with the royal jelly made my hair so soft and shiny! To me, there wasn't too much of an odor to it, and even better-no damaging ammonia! I have yet to see if it really does last for 28 shampoos since I done it just yesterday, but so far so good I do like the results of this! My only downside to this is, I wish they would keep it at $5 per box and not sale it for $9, because I really do like the way this color turned out-it looks just like my natural before the attack of the grays!

Update: It's been about a whole month, and the grays are just now beginning to show, but not so terribly as with permanent color. It really does last 28 shampoos (1 month)! This hair color rocks for sure, and it definitely is much better than Natural Instincts anyday imho!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Tarheeloutwest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My natural haircolor is a dark blonde/light brown and seriously, the grays I get sorta look like highlights from a distance. But I know they're gray, LOL. Trying to camouflage them for a change, I tried L'Oreal Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color in 8 1/2, White Chocolate. (Really? the shade number is a fraction? Wth?)

I like it. It has covered my grays for now and will surely wash out before any roots show (I hate it when roots show!) It smells ok and hasn't changed the texture of my hair. I left it on for the 15 minutes they recommend for "hard to cover" grays. I actually appreciate that it's a little bit faster than Natural Instincts. I get bored waiting for this stuff to work. Conditioner is fine. The price at WalMart was around $6.

This shade is close enough to my natural hair color that my family didn't even notice I had colored my hair. (What can I say? DH and DS don't notice much unless it's on ESPN) Two days afterwards, I finally asked my husband and he said "well, I did think you looked younger for some reason." Works for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by sablatt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm another former user of L'Oreal ColorSpa who has finally tried Healthy Look. (I had bought 16 boxes when I realized it was being discontinued, but finally ran out.) I was disappointed that the range of colors was so much more limited and I couldn't get a light copper similar to what I used before. So, I bought 7B (Dark Blonde) preferring to give up the red rather than to go dark. What a surprise to find that I have lost the red *and* gone dark. Dark Blonde is a solid brown. It's not a bad color, but I didn't want dark hair that is very different from the box. This is much darker than my natural hair.

If you try Healthy Look, GET A MUCH LIGHTER SHADE THAN YOU THINK YOU WANT!

I also miss the sweet smelling conditioner of ColorSpa. This one isn't terrible, but it's not particularly nice, either. I don't know why L'Oreal changed from a very nice product (rated 4.1 on MakeupAlley) to a poorer one (rated 3.1 on MakeupAlley).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by BCP

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

honestly, I love this stuff.
naturally, as an ammonia free hair dye, it is going to be harder to find a colour for you that you'll like, I usually buy just the colour I want, it's going to be a tad darker but it's AMMONIA FREE, it fades and doesn't damage nearly as much! for me anyways

this left my hair silky, glossy, shiny and with a radiant brown shade for about 1-2 months. I loved it. used it many times with good results,
then I started to switch around and mix perm and not perm and my hair was a mess.. I needed to go to a salon to really fix my hair up.
next time I dye it, I'll be using this. just because I know it hasn't done anything wrong. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Titan2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I bought Extension and the blonde in the extension did not match the golden blonde in my hair. So I went and boight this at the drug store, Light Golden Blonde" to put on my extensions. I wanted a semi-perm so that if a changed my hair color, the dye on the extensions would eventually wash off. Holly F***ing pissed, it turned them a brassy light brown color and dried them out considerably. Not happy at all. I certainly hope that a little head& shoulders will remove most of the color. I had dye other extensions with a perm color and they looked way healthier after, compared to this. Do not buy this and definetly do not use this product to dye extensions.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by jacksxoxo

the colour seemed okay at first...but faded into this horrid brassy colour
ALSO,
DRIED OUT MY HAIR HORRIBLY :(
would notttt suggest this

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by RomaG

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

RUN...do not walk away from this LOreal product. They need to remove it from the shelf. I am a former hairdresser, that in a weak moment tried Healthy Look (haha) last month. It has ruined my hair. Dark Blonde is now a smokey, drab ,dark, reddish medium brown with no body or shine. I used the product EXACTLY as directed in the package . I called to complain and warn them of a faulty produce ...Guess what ? they asked what kind of shampoo I was using to wash it out !!! I told them this wasn't about shampoo, it was about BAD hair color !! She hung up on me...I pursued it again and they told me to use a harsh, cheap shampoo to help get it out of my hair. Well after 5 weeks...it is still an awful color and dried out with no body. I have used the best conditioner, it did very little to help bring any life back to my hair. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT !

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by beautyqueenusa51

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used the loreal paris healthy look 81/2 blonde color on my roots only WARNING This CRAP should be banned Its unhealthy 2 wks later my hair Dried out & gave me split ends bad it was like as if i had a bad perm I had to cut alot off Never thought a temp color would do such damage I called and complained Better off with permanent color after all

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by lexxa83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Medium Brown a month ago, and went back and forth about trying it based on the negative reviews. I have medium/light golden brown hair with more greys than I would like and blond highlighted ends that I wanted to even out to a medium brown. My biggest worry was that my hair would end up super dark and it would never come out. Anyway, the consistency of the color in my hair was sort of strange, it made my hair sort of waxy and matted feeling and I had some momentary panic that my hair was going to stay in huge clumps and the color wouldn't rinse out. I left it on no more than the 10 mins recommended to try to avoid super dark results, and had no problem rinsing it out. The end result is a little redder then on the box, but my natural color ALWAYS pulls red, no matter if I dye it on my own or have it professionally done. It did a good job at covering up the greys and blonde ends, and is only just a bit darker then my starting color. I actually think I was thinking it would be darker. I am not sure if I will repurchase. That will depend on how well the color holds up to washing. If I have my greys back in a week I will be definitely looking for something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by LiL_Laurie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Clearly the people rating this didn't do a patch test - I did! I went from blond to brown, which was the plan and it turned out the exact colour on the box within 10 min... no problems at all. I am glad this is a demi in case I don't adjust to being brown it supposedly washes out after 28 washes. Smells fine, hair feels good - would purchase again.