September 20, 2014 | 1843 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - ColorIcon Palette in Lust [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

Great palette for beginners, people who don't want to spend a lot of money on makeup, as well as everyone else!

I got this palette yesterday and I am already loving it! The colours are very pigmented, go well with each other, and a good size!
    However, although it is very pigmented, they are very chalky. Not TOO chalky, but not as smooth as MAC shadows. Another downside to these eyeshadows is that they are somewhat hard to blend.
    BUT ..seeing how I only paid $6 for this palette, I don't mind the cons.
    The palette itself is very plastic, and I'm scared that if I drop it on non-carpet floor, the whole thing is going to shatter because the packaging does feel very cheap.
    It also comes with 2 applications. A sponge tipped one, and a brush. I threw both of them out because 1. I don't like the sponge tip applicators. 2. The brush app. was way to stiff.
    However, I do like the packaging, just the way the shadows are put together.

The price is amazing. Like I said, I got this palette for $6 and you get 6 shadows...which means each shadown is $1. What a steal!
    I know, the shadows aren't as smooth or blendable as high end shadows but at $1 each shade, how can you not resist!

I'm definitely buying more of these palettes because I feel like these are a great way to expand my colour range while not having to spend a lot!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Vivaglamgaga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this pallette. I bought it yesterday and its already my fav.Go to this web site for a great totourial using this pallete:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 10:23:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked this up because (a) I've come to realize that almost all the Colour Icon shadows and palettes are amazing value and (b) I was looking for a cheap dupe for MAC's Sorcery or Sketch (neither is a colour I'd wear often so I wanted something inexpensive just to try out a look). I read that there was a good dupe in this palette so off to WalMart I went to get it and all I can say is that I'm not disappointed. There are dupes in this palette for quite a few MAC (and other high end) shades but besides that, this is simply a great purple-toned palette in its own right, offering both matte and frosted shades in intensities from pale to very, very deep/dark/pigmented. The cases for these are very flimsy - I do wish they'd make them a bit more sturdy - but that's a minor gripe (if the case breaks, I'll buy some sort of small tin to store this in). I can't wait til a few more of the WnW palettes come to Canada so I can get them because these are a really awesome value.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by XxOmgItsDaraxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This has to be one of my favorite eyeshadow palettes. I love purple eyeshadows for my brown eyes. One side is all mattes (a very pale pink/a medium purple/dark almost black purple) & the other side is shimmers (a shimmery cream-pink/dark shimmery purple with pink sparkles not chunky glitter/a dark bluish silver with tiny blue shimmers). They are very buttery and very pigmented (can be compared to high quality eyeshadows) and they all blend well. The colors can look a bit bruisey depending on your skintone and way that you apply the shades. Overall I would recommend and buy again! Very great palette for smokey eyes and people who like dark looks or purple eyeshadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by teashadlynch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this palette its very fun to use. The colors are great and the consistancy is good. Wet n Wild has really steped their game up with this color icon collection. I think I have almost ever one of the 6 color palettes and the quad even the summber collection. They are WONDERFUL!!! if you have not tried them you are really missing out. Now this palette is great I like the colors but its not my favorite of all the ones I have. Prob. my least favorite color combination of them all. However they are great shadows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by kraftykaitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this several months ago due to all the hype. I must admit I was not impressed at first and it just sat in my drawer until about a week ago. I guess that was probably because I'm not usually a huge fan of matte e/s except for highlight colors. However, I had used a purple liner that wasn't as pigmented as I hoped and randomly grabbed this to set it and add more color. It was a winner, and I've been using it since. I can't speak for the sparkly highlighter or the sparkly burgandy, but I have used all of the other colors and have been very impressed. I have a feeling I've just scratched the surface on the possibilities with this palette, but I'm looking forward to playing with it more. Now to pick up some of the trios and 8 color palettes. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by VallyKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this palette! The colors are so pigmented and easy to work with. This can create a great smokey eye for day, or night :) I actually just did a super cute look with this, and it was a hit! Wet'n Wild has really stepped up their game with the color icon palettes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is FABULOUS. Great quality, great colors and as many have already touched on - great dupes for many more upscale brands. I have uploaded a few side-by-side comparisons of my own if you will notice above^^^. I only wish the packaging was a little sturdier, but hey, for the price I can afford to purchase another if it wears over time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Calicokatie

I must thank everyone on MakupAlley who wrote reviews for this. Yes, I fell victim to the hype, but it was SO worth it. I have brown eyes and olive toned skin, so this palette was perfect. I am always cautious when purchasing matte eye shadows, but I was especially leery buying DS mattes. Alas, I put my faith in all of the rave reviews and I must say I am glad I did. I get so many compliments when I wear this palette. All of the shades have great pigmentation and color payoff. I do find the mattes harder to blend, but what mattes aren't? This is a nice step away from neutrals, but yet it can still be applied in a subdued enough way to wear to work. On the other hand, you could also amp it up for a fun night out plum smokey eye. Definitely worth my 5 bucks. Thanks again, MUA!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by devilzfood

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Prior to this purchase, I hadn't bought any Wet n Wild cosmetics since I was about 15. I'm 27, and I avoided the brand for YEARS because I still have incredibly vivid memories of the dry lipsticks and the eyeliners you had to DRAG across your eye to get even the slightest amount of color.

Fortunately there are a lot of awesome people on MakeupAlley who gave them a chance when I wouldn't, and there were SO MANY good reviews about this product that I couldn't resist the $2.99 price tag, so I bought it yesterday.

OH MY GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING??? This product is AMAZING and is more bold, deep, and pigmented than a lot of higher end products. I am just beyond impressed with the color payoff and the quality. I will probably go back and buy every other palette Wet n Wild offers because I cannot get over just how much they have improved! This palette offers six great colors that all complement each other and can be mixed and matched in a variety of ways.

If you still have any doubts about Wet n Wild I suggest you purchase this product right now and any doubts you have will disappear immediately.