MAC Pigment - Rose

4.3

I got a sample of this in a swap from a lovely swapper, and it's just SO BEAUTIFUL! My first pigment, I'm not really into colors so I never thought to buy any. it looks good on my cheeks, on my eyes, and my favorite-on my lips! I want to try on my nails but I don't know how. I really really like this!!! :) The shimmer flecks are so beautiful. The pigment is like multidimensional color. it's just gorgeous!

I fall in love with this color as soon as I saw it! I bought it without even trying it on! When I first used it I was afraid that I had made a big mistake. I thought that this color looked a bit scary on me as it looked a bit red/orange. So as I was thinking of giving it to my friend who also liked it, I thought that maybe I should give it another go, I couldn't have been so wrong about the color! I tried it with some golden brown eyeshadow on the outer corner and under the eye for a smoky look. Now, that looked amazing! My eyes looked fabulous! Brown smokey look with some pink/orange color with golden sparkle! I also use a bit on my cheeks when I go out. And this pigment looks amazing as a lipgloss too! I use a natural color lipstick as a base so the pigment can stick on the lips. And on the top some clear gloss. With one product you can have an even and beautiful makeup for the whole face!

This is my favorite Pigment! it is beautiful and elegant! with blue eyes it really makes eyes bright! I never want to run out!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am a super-pale PPP (some freckles) with auburn hair and green hazel eyes and Rose pigment is very, very pretty on me. However, I don't find myself using it very often as it tends to be difficult to work with. As everyone else has mentioned, Rose has a chunky, flaky texture compared to many other pigments. I honestly don't find the texture to be much of a problem... my problem is with the large gold shimmer that Rose pigment tends to leave EVERYWHERE when I try to apply it to my eyes. Using a damp e/s brush to apply helps, but I still end up with shimmer all over my undereyes and cheekbones. The shimmer really sticks to my skin and I have a hard time wiping/brushing it away. Therefore, I typically limit my use of Rose pigment on my eyes to times I don't mind having extra shimmer on my face (such as a night out). It's a shame I don't feel comfortable wearing this as an eyeshadow every day as the color (a stunning fusion of pink and gold, much pinker than UD "X") makes my eyes look wonderfully green and flatters my coloring in general. Rose also looks very pretty dusted *very* lightly over matte blushes. I also made a beautiful lipgloss by combining Rose pigment with a little Pink Bronze pigment with a clear l/g. I gave Rose a "4" since the color is versatile, unique (it honestly is different than all of the pink/gold e/s out there), and flattering even though it is not the most user-friendly pigment.

on 11/27/2006 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I like this pigment a lot and I got a 1/4 tsp sample of it; I used it in the crease with Frost on the browbone/highlight and with Sunpepper on the lid, and U/D's Smokeout E/L in Purple Haze; it looked great. I think that it would be a versatile pigment for cheeks, lips, and eyes, but I don't know if I would use it on the whole lid, rather just the crease or outer V for an accent color, it's very vibrant. I didn't find the texture hard to work with and I used it dry.

on 10/24/2006 7:41:00 AM

Pretty color! I received a sample size in a swap, and it looks gorgeous as both a blush (my favorite way to use this) and mixed with clear lipgloss. I haven't played with it much on my eyes, but it is a very nice, versatile color to have in your makeup collection.

on 10/12/2006 2:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I never want to run out of this pigment and I probably never will! I love love LOVE this color - great on eyes, lips or as a blush. It is a gorgeous flattering pink with a gold shimmer. I am a GGG/Hazel and can't say enouh about it. It might not be right for someone very fair but it is perfect for me! Two thumbs up forever!

on 10/4/2006 4:54:00 PM

i have had this sitting in my traincase forever. i really didnt like the texture at all, and since the main thing i use pigments for is eyeshadow, i kinda just let it sit there. then, one day i decided to use it as a blush and my thoughts all changed! i loveeeeeee rose as a blush, it goes on a cute pink with gold shimmer, very pretty! :D

on 9/23/2006 4:24:00 AM

Colour is pretty, I fell in love with it at the store, but I was really dissapointed with it when I tried to use it. The chunky/flakey texture just put me off. It is one of those pigments that just isnt user friendly at all. I end up having to pack it on, half of it flicks onto the rest of my skin, which makes me angry, because now I look like I have pink eye where it wasnt supposed to go, and i have red patches on my face. It was a pigment that made me angry, which makeup shouldnt do. I would rather stomp on it than use it, and I really tried man, i really tried. I hear it looks really nice as a lipcolour though...maybe when it is allowed out of time-out I will try that. Until then....

on 8/26/2006 6:34:00 PM

I really like Rose. It looks fabulous paired with Melon when put in the crease. I don't mind the chunky texture; it's not that different to me than a normal pigment. This also looks fantastic as a lipgloss.