April 16, 2014 | 1705 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clarins - Instant Eye Make-up Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2006 12:53:00 PM More reviews by pinup_chick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this eye make-up remover! It easily wipes away all traces of mascara/eyeliner and other gunk, leaves a nice moisturized finish and doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. It smells beautiful...the rosewater present in the ingredients imparts a delicate natural floral scent, but there is no added artificial fragrance. My only beef is the price...but a high price is to be expected with all Clarins products.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2005 6:00:00 AM More reviews by yuiya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to use J&J baby oil for removing eye makeup. But since I have tried this one, I put J&J away and never think to buy eye makeup remover from other brands. Although Clarins instant eye makeup remover is expensive, it is very very effective in removing waterproof mascara. Besides, it is not irritating to my sensitive eyes. I just LOVE this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2005 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Berty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The best eye make-up remover I've found ever (and have tried quite a few)! It really removes all traces, doesn't sting or dry, and although it seems a touch oily at first, it soon sinks in and leaves your skin feeling smooth but without grease or stickiness. No residue, no problems for sensitive skin (and believe me, my eye area is v sensitive). I will not be changing products! The best way to use it is put some on a cotton wool pad, and the HOLD it on your eye for a few seconds. It magically dissolves even heavy make-up. No need to to drag it over the eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2005 9:37:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good heavy-duty eye makeup remover, but I still prefer my Bliss Lid and Lash wash. This is very similar to Lancome's Bi-Facil and because of the oil content it really gets everything off, but at the same time it leaves a residue so I have to rinse my eyelids. Plus it's not great for sensitive eyes, some of it seeped in to my eye and caused some irritation. If you don't have sensitive eyes and don't mind shaking the bottle before each use, this is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2005 10:33:00 AM More reviews by thinkpink710

This stuff is comparable to Lancome's Bi-Facil. Removes makeup effeciently, leaves no residue or your eyelids greasy. Slightly drying though, so put on eye cream afterwards. *UPDATE* Requires some rubbing to get everything off, I'm starting to go back to Lancome's Bi-Facil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2005 10:39:00 AM More reviews by keahi

Dual-phase removers are the only ones I like, and I have tried quite a few of them that are out there. I've recently been sticking with the Neutrogena version because I think it delivers excellent results at a remarkable price. I really don't know why I felt compelled to try something different since I had no complaints with the Neutrogena, but you know how it is, you read some reviews and suddenly you're convinced you've been missing out on something REALLY great the entire time. So I wanted to treat myself to a really really good eye makeup remover because I think anything that helps preserve the delicate skin around my eyes is worth the price.
I think this is pretty good stuff. It doesn't remove makeup in an instant like others have said though IMO. Besides, I always remove the bulk of my mascara by holding a warm soft baby's wash cloth against my lashes and rubbing gently first anyway. I did an experiment using only this remover, just to test its strength, and tried to remove all my mascara with it alone (and I dont wear waterproof, mind you) and it took a lot of remover, time, and rubbing to get it all off. That's okay though, I've never used a remover that could do this unless it was pure mineral oil or something. My final verdict is that although I think this is a little better than the Neutrogena bi-phase remover (Clarins is slightly oilier) Neutrogena's costs about $5, while Clarins costs $25, and I definitely don't think it's five times as good to warrant paying five times the price. This is not the holy grail of makeup removers IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2005 12:44:00 PM More reviews by MissMargo

This is my HG eye makeup remover. I used Lancome BiFacil before, but since I got the Clarins IEMR for free in a Clarins gift set, I'm addicted to it. It does a better job on cleansing and it's more gentle for my skin. Highly recommended!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2005 8:34:00 PM More reviews by cristiana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited for this based on the reviews here, but I hated this. It worked, but it stung my eyes and left that bleary film on them, even when I rinsed them. If I tried to use less, then it just didn't work.

I've bought various expensive eye makeup removers, and I'm done, thanks to the posters suggesting J&J baby shampoo as an alternative. I mix half shampoo and half water in a little bottle, and it's the best, cheapest, mildest, non-stingy/greasy eye makeup remover I've ever tried.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2005 7:36:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

I've changed my mind about this eye-makeup remover. I should've listen to the MUA at the Chanel(no artist was at the Clarins counter) counter she told me she prefers the Lancome Bi-Facil to this. She had tried almost all the Two phase liquid eye-makeup removers like Lancome, Clarins, Chanel, Clinique, etc and she thinks Lancome Bi-Facil is the best! Reasons being is that the Clarins one when you use it the makeup become chunky, some actually went in my eye and it removes it half a slow as oppose to as if you had use Lancome. I pretty much have to rub the cotton on my eyelids which is probably not a good thing. I also find that this started to sting my eyes and it made my eyes tear a lot! Anyway this is going back to the Clarins counter!...I'm really upset! This is a bad as the Chanel two phase eye-makeup remover which really stung my eyes! Clarins Instant Eye-Makeup and Chanel Bi-Phase are the two worst eye-makeup reomovers I've ever purchAsed in my life! Some low end brand removers are better than this crap!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2005 8:39:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is Clarins eye makeup remover for heavier makeup. Concerning this, on my surprise, it doesn't remove eye makeup (mascara) very easy - you have to repeat three or four times (and I never wear waterproof mascaras!). On the other hand it is quite mild and non-irritating (I have very sensitive eyes). I haven't tried many eye makeup removers because I usually remove eye makeup with face cleansing milk or cleansing cream (which is not a problem since, as I said, I don't wear heavy makeup or waterproof mascara). Years ago, I was a faithful user of the old, now discontinued, Decleor eye makeup remover which was very soothing and it removed makeup effortlessly. So far I haven't found anything close to it (new Decleor eye makeup remover is completely different).
I dont' know how to rate this product because I think it is better than average, usually more or less irritating eye makeup removers, but still it is not great. I'd give it between 3 and 4 lippies.