MAC Studio Fix Lash

4.1

on 4/10/2010 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Terrible. It didn't hold a curl at all - almost all mascaras hold a curl on my lashes. The formula gave me droopy, saggy lashes. The comb brush made for messy, clumpy application. Also sucked the volume right out my lashes, which was really disappointing. The only good thing was that it made my lashes inky-black for about an hour after I first applied. I'm sticking with MAC Plushlash.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I love this for my work day look. I brought it in brown, so it really looks natural and lasts all day with no flakes or smudge. I love the brush the most because it separates without clumps. It gave me no volume what so ever, but if i want volume, I reach for my plush lash. I would definitely buy this again.

on 4/6/2010 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Another disappointing mascara experiment. I was really excited to try Studio Fix Lash considering that the rubber-bristled brush is reminiscent of Chanel Inimitable and Max Factor Masterpiece, both of which I love (the brushes, that is). I also really liked the nice matte black mascara tube. Result-wise, it provides a decent amount of length, thickness and separation, along with great staying power. But the downside? It turned out to be very irritating for my sensitive eyes :(

on 3/29/2010 3:22:00 PM

This is such a great mascara! First off, it isn't going to give you drama, so if that's what you're looking for, I'd search for something else. What it does do, is enhance what you already have.. and it looks natural. I love how black it makes the lashes.. and shiny. The wand is excellent.. as it does not clump AT ALL. It's one of those plastic-y wands. It reaches well into the corner lashes without ruining the other lashes or rubbing against your skin. I'd say it lengthens more than it thickens. It doesn't have much of a scent, if anything at all. The only downside is the way my lashes feel when I wash the mascara out. It's a little bit gritty, although, it feels fine when it's on. No crunchy or anything. I used to use Lancome's Hypnose, and that stuff comes off with water very smoothly without having to rub the lashes much at all. But, the price on this one is way more right than that one. :) And did I mention, it doesn't clump? :) I love this for my everyday mascara. I even use it to go out, and am very pleased with the results. It stays on well, too.. no smudging (just don't rub your eyes, obviously), and no flaking that I've noticed.

on 3/23/2010 2:02:00 PM

This seems to be the first MAC mascara that delivers what it is supposed to. It adds some nice length and curl, but not too much volume on my lashes. Otherwise it does not flake nor smudge and it is really easy to remove. Easy in like water will do it! I love it, but I might need some volume until I'm completely satisfied.

on 3/22/2010 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am generally not impressed by expensive mascaras - in fact, I find drugstore mascaras to be just as good, and often better, than department store brands. The fact that MAC mascaras tend to cost around $12-13 dollars led me try this new formula - and it's the best MAC mascara yet! (I am comparing it to Zoom Lash, Plush Lash, and Zoom Fast Black Lash, the only other MAC mascaras that I have tried thus far. Plush Lash and Zoom Lash failed to impress truly me, and Zoom Fast Black Lash made me look like a drag queen - which isn't necessarily a bad look, just not what I need for work). I love the length and definition this formula and brush provide - it's has very hard, narrow, nubby brush, and the mascara materials itself is in fact "mousse-like," just as described on the MAC website. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is looking for long, defined lashes without flaking. It is not for anyone looking for more volume - Plush Lash is a better (albeit much clumpier) bet for that. That said, I would definitely re-purchase! (And I am a contact-lens wearer, if anyone finds that helpful).

on 3/19/2010 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Of the three MAC mascaras I own, this is my favorite. I feel that it gives my naturally stick-straight lashes a natural, office appropriate look. My lashes look dark and long without clumps/smudges. My only issue is that I wish it added more curl to my lashes!

on 3/19/2010 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I have tried may mascaras and this the best!!! It doesn't clump or flake and provides length and a slight curl to my lashes. I would like more volume, but I would re-purchase it again. It is the best MAC mascara for everyday. I've tried other MAC mascaras, fiber guard, etc., wasn't impress. Studio Fix is the best!!

on 3/17/2010 11:50:00 PM

I like this mascara. It never clumps and makes my lashes look longer. I only wish it added more volume! I will be going back to my Lancome mascara after this

on 3/9/2010 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not a bad mascara for length and separation. Also gives my puny lashes a slight curl. More of a natural look, not much volume, but that is okay. It seems to stay well without flaking throughout my long day I like this a lot better than the NARS new lengthening one, and this one is a lot less expensive and easier to remove, also. My current favorite is The Colossal by Maybelline, but Studio Fix Lash is a runner up. I would repurchase, but I think this is LE (?)

Top Rated MAC Products