September 16, 2014 | 1949 users online

Skincare - Face - Turmeric

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Magma94

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love that this is natural and works.

Turmeric stains like crazy... I suggest using over a stainless steel sink with a tissue or paper towel for clean up.

Can be used as a face mask as many have stated.
I use this to whiten my teeth!
I have a special toothbrush in a plastic bag with a few holes in it.
I use organic turmeric from the health food store.
Mix 1/4 teaspoon in a small glass add a few drops of water to form a watery paste and brush like normal - focusing on the front teeth.

I will brush for a couple of minutes, and then rinse.
I do this for 4 days in a row, during the evening at the beginning of each month.
My teeth look white and bright for the entire month (heavy tea drinker).

Cheap, effective, natural.

:-)

Love it.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by apatheticskittle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love using turmeric powder as a facial mask! It works wonders! I simply mix turmeric and water into a paste and apply it to my clean face until it dries. The mask kind of burns on me so I'm not sure if this is because I only mix it straight up with water. It also smells a bit strong but it doesn't really bother me anymore. It DOES stain like crazy though! It actually stained my bathroom sink a little yellow (it's gone after a couple of days though) and it stains my face an oompa loompa colour. I slather on my Cetaphil cream moisturizer and wipe it off a couple of times to get the stain out (the colour is fat/oil soluble).

I've found that it exfoliates my skin, since it's a powder, so when you're washing it off your face don't rub it too hard or the powder will be abrasive on your skin. After about 2 weeks of [almost] daily use, turmeric has sped up fading my hyperpigmentation marks; they're not all gone yet, but they're fading faster than when I used aloe or lemon juice. Turmeric also keeps my acne at bay; I haven't used it consistently for 2 weeks now and I'm starting to break out again! >< so I'm going to continue using this mask 2-3x a week. The hassle of the staining and everything is totally worth the glowing results I get :)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by ohboyitskayla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Mixing a little turmeric with water into a paste and putting on any spots you suspect a zit is forming will completely stop it in it's tracks! It's like magic. This is especially helpful when you feel cystic acne forming. Usually it completely stops it in its tracks from my experience, or at the very least shrinks it much more quickly.

I do this twice a day as a spot treatment as needed - once in the morning and once at night. It will stain your face so beware if you do it in the morning (wiping off with a little witch hazel or holding a wet paper towel over it for a few minutes helps to remove the stain). Mixing it with honey seems to cut down on the staining but I've found this to be less effective.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by pinimon162

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Turmeric itself is a superfood and I would give it a 5 for its health benefits alone - making an effort to include it in daily recipes and taking internally has had positive health benefits - I am less prone to colds and just feel better in general.

I love natural skin care and really wanted to try using turmeric topically after knowing its health properties. Sadly I'm just too pale to do this. I used it mixed with other natural products to cleanse my face, rather than as a mask. The mixture must have been on my face less than a minute. When I went to rinse it off, my face was orange. I rinsed again, but it was still stained. I had to scrub my face with a cloth to get rid of it. I thought I'd got it all, but woke up this morning and my face had a yellow tinge (after washing face with the flannel vigorously and then toning a few times to get off residue). It had clung around my hairline and to my eyebrows - disaster!

If you have extremely fair skin like I do, PLEASE do a patch test! and don't use before you have to go out! I looked like I had a disease all day - not a good look!
I give it a middling rating for internal health benefits, and for the fact that I don't doubt it has excellent skin properties if you have the right skin tone to use it. I can see why golden-skinned and Indian-skinned ladies swear by this, it's just not for me unfortunately.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Minniemz

I have been in love with my rice flour mask...but when i added turmeric it was the bomb! My skin glowed even more! And the pores smaller than ever. And the burn spots i had last week are barely noticeable now. I must be doing something really right with my routines.

For the mask i use:
1 1/2 tsp rice flour
1 tsp milk
1/2 tsp turmeric
Few drops of lemon
Water or green tea to dilute

The mask extends to my neck, lower legs and arms. I leave it for 30-45 minutes. Then take a shower. Since i have yellow undertone, i really dont notice any yellow residues especially after i use my awesome Himalaya Botanique Neem and Turmeric face wash (loooove that face wash!).

After i get off from the shower i spray my diy vit C all over my face and body. Then i use my diy rice toner all over my body too. It is like having your very own vit c e ferulic serum as rice is rich in ferulic acid and vit e. Whatever i do to my face i also do to my whole body coz' i don't want to neglect any part. End result is even and toned complexion all over.

Ok im getting off topic... but really, i think my skin looks its best now with all these cheap, straight from the kitchen, natural and effective stuffs.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by happyninja

I cannot say enough good things about turmeric! I am Indian and grew up hearing my parents rave about how good it was for my health. I ignored them back then but I did some research about it in January and have been using it ever since. I have a multitude of health issues and have found that eating about .5 tsp of turmeric a day has helped my immune system fight off colds and the flu and I think it has also helped with my asthma. I usually drink it mixed with a cup of milk or swallow a mixture of turmeric and a spoonful of honey.

Turmeric has also helped my skin look better than ever before. I dealt with a lot of acne during middle school and high school and that left me with a lot of scars. My skin is still acne prone now but using turmeric masks on a daily basis has really helped me. I also have dark circles all the time since I rarely get enough rest and tend to be stressed out a lot. I normally apply a face mask consisting of milk 2 parts turmeric and 1 part rice or chickpea flour 4 -5 nights a week. I leave the mask on for a hour or two but I'm sure you can get results if you leave it for a shorter time. I have medium tan skin and only rarely notice a slightly yellow tinge after removing the mask. This isn't a problem though since it's always gone when I wake up in the morning. My severe dark circles pretty much disappeared after using the mask for two weeks and after 1 month I could see a difference in my acne scars.

16 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like others I watched an adorable Indian girl on YouTube make a mask. It's amaze, to say the least. I heat a bit of raw, organic honey for like 10 seconds, add either milk or yogurt (just make sure it's NOT fat free), and add enough turmeric to make a thin paste, maybe like a tsp or so. I spread it with a spoon, if I use my fingers it turns my polished nails yellow. Leave on for however long I can, at least until edges dry. Skin is softest it's ever been, any under eye circles lighten, and it's is very anti inflammatory. Perfecto.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by flowgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, after watching an Indian youtuber demonstrating her turmeric mask, I had to try it for myself. I've been using turmeric on my skin everyday for the past 8 days and I have seen so much improvement.

I have acne-prone, flakey but oily skin at the same time. I've been battling acne since the start of puberty, and after being on birth control for a year to control my acne, I decided to go off it for health reasons. Then the acne came rushing back, much to my dismay.

During these past 8 days, I also ditched my face wash and moisturizer, and instead opted for simply rinsing my face with water and wiping with cotton balls. The turmeric is anti-bacterial and cleans my face without having to use a commercial and over-manufactured product. I also cut down on my meat consumption.

All the existing acne I had stopped in its tracks, and my acne scars are fading gradually. I can actually see the positive difference in my skin texture: it's less oily and flakey, more even and smooth. One night a painful pimple emerged right above my lip, I dabbed some turmeric mask on it, and the next morning it had completely backed down to a faded pink dot.

The mask I use is made with turmeric powder, extra virgin olive oil, honey, and sometimes corn flour. It can also double as a gentle scrub. I love that all the ingredients are natural, and you know exactly what you're putting on your skin. The first time I made the mask, I used soy milk which gave me a huge breakout, so I would avoid that.
I apply it at night and leave it on for about an hour. I then rinse my face, and usually any residue is gone by the next morning's face rinse (make sure you sleep on a pillowcase you don't mind getting yellow). I also heard you can put greek yogurt in your mask to avoid the staining, but I haven't tried that yet.

I also started drinking turmeric tea three days ago (you can look up recipes for this).

Overall, I would recommend any person with acne-prone skin to give turmeric a try. My first true holy grail beauty item! Nothing else has worked as well as this, and for so cheap and available at every grocery store!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by jicky0

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My husband has had swelling and pain from old knee injuries/surgeries for many years. Once he started taking turmeric every day, his pain has subsided and he doesn't need as much ibuprofen type of medication, except on days when he exercises heavily or works hard outside, mowing, up and down the ladder, etc. His doctor suggested trying it as a supplement and it's been great for him.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by americansoprano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Truly amazing stuff!! I've had a recurring sebaceous cyst that I've had surgically removed twice, but kept coming back! I was beyond frustrated, and didn't want to have to go to the surgeon a third time. I dabbed a little tumeric mixed with water on it and the next day it was less than half it's size! I've continued to use this on the spot and it's nearly gone after a week. I couldn't be happier. I also have very sensitive acne rosacea skin which has been giving me a really hard time for the past year. I've tried so many things prescribed by my dermatologist; doxy, finacea, metrogel, ziana, remazid... I'm also on ortho-tricyclen. Nothing has worked better than the tumeric! I really am amazed. I've been doing a tumeric/ water mask a couple times a week, sprinkling it on my veggies, or taking a little "shot" of it in the morning. My skin is clearer than it's been in years, and actually is "glowy". Highly recommended.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No