April 24, 2014 | 938 users online

Cleansers - Simple - Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by asantibk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is utter complete garbage. I get bored with my face rountine and change up every once in a while. Since I heard good review on this brand and have already tried their makeup remover wipes and liked it I decided to try this. At first I liked it because it doesn't contain any parabens and the what nots it claims that are harmful for your face. However what I did notice what ever is in this stuff made my face oiler than what it is and had me breaking out. At one point it felt like I was smearing the oils on my face around and wasn't washing anything. As soon as I changed the face wash my face started clearing up. I'll stick to their wipes, this is going in the garbage glad it wasn't expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2012 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Emese1

I wanted a gentle enough product that I can use for my eye but one that would also effectively remove MU. I really like this. It doesn't really foam much, and I'd like it to foam a bit more. I wash my face/eyes with it in the shower just on its own, then I use it again on a cosmetic sponge to make sure my fdn is completely removed and my pores don't stay clogged. This way it's very effective. I like the idea that it doesn't have many of the harmful chemicals. I might try something else, maybe a Nivea gel cleanser, and see which one is better. I feel like I have to use a bit too much product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i picked this up because i am an acid user and i needed a completely no frills, gentle, non acid, non retinol face wash. no fragrance which is awesome. i noticed some people said that its non foaming, but mine foams? you really only need a pea sized amount, really. i squirted out WAY too much the 1st time and it took me forever to wash it all off. just a pea size will cover your whole face! washes off easily and leaves my face calm. i put so much vitamin c and acids on my face that its not good to overdue so i try to keep my face cleansers neutral. bought at ulta for $6.99. upside down squeeze tube. i dont wear a ton of makeup, so i dont know how successful it is for that, so i am keeping 1 lippie off. makes MY face feel clean though and NOT stripped-which is awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by lwilson1180

After using Oil of Olay's Foaming Wash for sensitive skin for years, I recently realized that my sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin reacts poorly to sulfates. (After switching to a sulfate-free shampoo, my scalp was calm and clear for the first time in years. So, I thought, why not do the same for my face?)
I looked high and low for a truly non-comedogenic face wash that would suit my skin and found this cleanser. Since I've started using it, I've noticed that my skin is less red after washing and just more calm in general. My skin also seems less oily in general (perhaps because the oils on my skin aren't being stripped off each time I wash).
While my hormonal acne hasn't gotten much better since using this product, my rosacea has calmed down quite a bit. The one downside to this product is that I typically have to lather up twice to remove my makeup but that doesn't bother me too much. I definitely plan to repurchase this when my current tube runs out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I didn't like the Simple brand facial cloths or the eyemakeup remover, so why I had higher expectations for this cleanser is beyond me. It's virtually fragrance-free, which is nice, but it doesn't remove my makeup well and kind of just slides around on my face instead of feeling like it's getting into my pores and truly cleansing my skin. I've actually noticed some acne since using it, because of its lack of cleansing power for a makeup-wearer. Would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

This is MEH for me. I like there is no fragrance, that it takes the tiniest bit to cover my face, that its non-foaming (I prefer non-foaming cleansers) and it doesn't dry out my skin. That said, the packaging SUCKS! So much leaks out every time I open the cap = wasteful since it takes so little to use to be effective. Solution = store tube upside down (which is kind of a PITA).

It feels a bit slimy on my skin - not too thrilled w/ that.

I don't use for MU removing, only for my a.m. cleansing w/ my Mia (and it works well w/ my MIA).

Had I not come across my HG cleanser, I would probably re-purchase this, but I found something I REALLY like (GoW Soothing Creamy Cleanser) so until that is (heaven forbid) d/c, I will keep this in my mind as a potential back-up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by julie252

This is my third Simple cleanser--i have also used (and like) the creamy one and the exfoliating one. At first, I was disappointed with the gel version as I didn't think it was removing my makeup and it didn't lather much at all. However, now I use it with my Clairsonic Mia and I love it. It works well with the Mia, doesn't dry out or irritate my skin. I will purchase again for use with the Mia. For use on it's own, though, I prefer the other two Simple cleansers.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by nicurly

I also had high hopes for this cleanser, but unfortunately it did not work for me. I am still looking for a replacement for my Marcelle Aquarelle Gel cleanser and thought that this would be it. The tube leaks too much product when opened and I did not like the film I felt that it left on my face. I also think this cleanser contributed to a few pimples.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this one. I really like the idea of a cleanser with no dyes, fragrances or harsh ingredients. I was previously using Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Cleanser for the spring/summer, which I liked and my skin has stayed in consistently good shape for awhile now- smooth and acne-free. I set out to grab Purpose liquid cleanser for winter (which I've used before with no issues) as I like to use something gentler during the cold months but saw this one and figured it'd be just as good. I used this cleanser 2x's a day for 3 days. It doesn't lather a ton, but neither does the Neutrogena so it didn't bother me. My skin felt nice after washing, clean but not tight. The first morning, I woke up with a bump on my skin. I figured it was coincidence. After the second day, I had some itching and redness on the sides of my face right after washing at night- not terrible, but still it was there. More bumps started appearing followed by my first zit in about 6 months. Each morning I woke up with another bump or 2. After 3 days of this, I panicked and switched back to my Neutrogena and the bumps immediately started going away. After a few days with Neutrogena, my skin is back to being smooth and the zit is almost gone. I don't know what it is about this cleanser, but my skin really didn't like it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by KristyF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

not crazy about this. I got it on sale so can't complain too much about it. It doesn't lather and my skin didn't feel clean after washing. I like my coconut oil better for cleansing..my skin is on the dry side. Just didn't work for me.