July 31, 2014 | 1431 users online

Moisturizers - Decleor - Aromessence Rose D'Orient Night Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2004 12:17:00 AM More reviews by slojane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite night moisturizer. I love to smooth it over my face before I go to bed. It smells divine and I wake up with smooth and clear skin. It hasn't caused any breakouts. I also rub this into my cuticles and the tops of my hands before retiring. HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2004 3:20:00 PM More reviews by JanisJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Heavenly. If you have dry skin and have been searching the past 20 years for the perfect moisturizer, this is it. It's very expensive, but a little dab will do you as it spreads on like silk and soaks in very quickly. And it smells wonderful beacause of the essential oils. You'll wake up the next morning with baby's skin. Well, ok, softer, smoother skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2004 12:42:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Super softener for the skin, and makes me wake up really rosey and fresh and soft. Yes, it costs alot, and it can feel really greasy on your face, but it contains only pure essential oils, has never caused my breakout-prone face to breakout, and has only make my face happy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2004 10:15:00 AM More reviews by JaclynC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I started using this I wasn't happy with it. It made my chin breakout really badly. I continued to use it thinking that my skin was purging or something but the breakouts just kept getting worse. I stopped using it for a while and my chin got better. I decided to start using it again. I've been putting it everywhere on my face except my chin. Now my skin looks great in the morning. It's soft, smooth and clear. I don't know why but this stuff just aggrevated my chin. As long as I don't use it there, this stuff is wonderful. It really does calm the redness and help the dry patches on my cheeks disappear.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2004 3:28:00 AM More reviews by alohagirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like all of Decleor's baumes, the primary ingredient is beeswax. So it will seem too thick and greasy unless you use only a tiny bit and warm it up on your fingertips before applying. This one is good, but it doesn't give my ultra-sensitive skin that wonderful "morning glow" like I get from the Essential Baume.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2004 1:51:00 PM More reviews by procosmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a MUST for senstive skin, I use this under every moisturizer I use, I use it every morning and my dry, flaky, itchy skin is a thing of the past. I have not had one sensitive reaction since I have been using this, I used to have small areas of excema like patches on my face and they have disappeared completely. I loved this so much, I purchased the BIG salon size (saves a few $$'s that way) I doubt I will ever be without this again (at least not intentionally!)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2003 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Parisgirl

This is a very heavy balm, but wonderful for dry spots on your face and smells heavenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2003 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Xeneri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For years folks have been telling me about the Decleor products. And for some reason I always resisted. I prefer to make my own aromatherapy oil blends, so I never wanted to spend the $$ on someone elses. But I caved after going for a facial -- the beautician used Aromessence Rose D'Orient Night Balm on me after my facial was done, and I got hooked.

I am 35 with combo/dry skin that tends to be climate sensitive. My skin is also in the fair side, so redness and brown marks really show up on me. This night balm tones all that down. It hasnt replaced kinerase cream as my favorate moisturizer (see my review for that) , but I do so love the smell and the wonderful dewy feeling it gives my skin. On those cold nights when I just don't feel that Kinerase has done the trick, I slather on the Rose D'Orient and wake up to the silkiest skin ever. A little goes a long way and is also good for elbows & knees. By the way, I have also tried some of the other declear balms (like neroli - another fave) and find them all a treat - just find the one that is perfect for your skintype. But for dry reactive skin, the rose d'orient is the way to go. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2003 12:29:00 AM More reviews by lupa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As someone with very finicky combination skin, it is difficult to find a product that addresses the needs of very oily and very dry skin on a surface prone to breakout. Decleor's Rose D'Orient Night Balm has done a wonderful job of combining simple ingredients with expensive essential oils in a balm of terrific consistency. Because of the essential oils, the beeswax doesn't clog my pores - because of the beeswax, the black currant oil stays put on the dry areas - because of the black currant oil the essential oils don't evaporate immediately. I can even use this in the morning and i won't look excessively oily! (Don't go out into the sun right after you put this on your face, though - orange oil is a photosensitizer.) This feels like a very holistic balm, and i feel that my skin's response to it makes it well worth the money spent. I would definitely buy this again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2003 12:13:00 AM More reviews by violet103

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried a sample of this and this turned my sensitive mild rosacea cheeks bright red, it was one of the worst reactions I've ever had to a skincare item.