December 18, 2014 | 1614 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Would give this item a 5 if the packaging were sanitary. I am not a fan of having to dip my finger or brush in the pot to get product out over and over.

I have used Urban Debay Primer Potion, Tarte eyeshadow primer, Too Faced, Smashbox, etc. Between Urban Decay and this one its a toss up. They are both great and for the price of this one i can buy all three shades instead of one Urban Decay.

Goes on well, stays put, no creasing, colors of eyeshadow come true and keeps shadow in place ALL day in 100+ temperatures of the Arizona desert. Very impressed!

EDIT: I have to change my rating on this one and lower it because i got horrible oily eyelids and creasing with my Tarte eyeshadows...would not buy again. I do use it under my eyes and under concealer which keeps the concealer from creasing and helpt it stay put.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by deehippolyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally decided to try this. First off, i love this just by itself! I'm an NC50 and when applied all over my eyelid it has a fresh natural look It made my eyeshadow pop but gave just a few extra hours of wear.SO i'd say it wold work for a 6-8 hr event which is pretty fine for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Product - Matte caramel-beige. Smooth and very creamy. Intended as a base, not a primer. I typically don't use a primer, just a base, and this holds up just fine for me for about 8 hrs without primer underneath (YMMV).

Comparisons - A shade deeper than MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre and perfect (and by perfect, I mean truly spot-on, dead-on, disappears into my skincolor) match for me (AAB/NC25). MAC Paint Pot in Nubile is a shade deeper and slightly pinker and peachier.

Packaging - No-fuss, white plastic screw-top lid over clear plastic jar.

Overall - Surprising and wonderful drugstore find, and a good value at $6.99. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by alright2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

In all honesty I will say I thought I was getting a primer, I bought it off ebay and it was listed as a "primer", but I certainly can see it as only a base or concealer. I HATE the packaging. I have long fingernails and right away just trying to apply with my fingers was a mess, it got under my nails, and I hated it! So I used the end of my rat tail comb to get a small amount out and put in the palm of my hand. I then have to swirl it around to warm it up to make it easier to apply to lid. I see some people here use it for a concealer for under thier lash line, it creases up horrible if any even gets under my eyes while I am applying it to my eyelid. I find it rather a pain to put on for my makeup routine which I have down to about 30 minutes, more if I am doing a dramatic look, this does hold the brighter colors of shadows, {pinks, rose hues} but I could skip it all together. It may work for some, just now something I want to tangle with every morning for my routine! A tube and softer texture would make it a easier item to use, regardless of what it is.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I am on the fence about this product. I have used this both with and without an eyeshadow primer (I used Victoria's Secret VS PRO Lasting FX Eyeshadow Primer). I have dark under-eye circles, some dark lines along the outer corner of my eyes, and occasionally some pink/redness on my eyelids, and I loved that the skintone shade takes care of my uneven skintone around my eyes. It doubles as a base and a matte concealer.

While it does keep my eye makeup vibrant for hours especially with primer, my eyes tend to feel very heavy toward the end of the day if I wear any eye makeup (my eyes get prematurely tired, if that makes any sense). It particularly felt even heavier on evenings that I was wearing this on my lids all day, and I suspect that it might be the texture of the cream formula, which is somewhat stiff in the jar and a little too drying on the skin over time. It helps to have the lightweight primers I have since they help moisturize my lids, but I do have heavy eyes as is, and really don't want to pile more different products on it and make it feel even heavier.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Not to be redundant, but this is a base, not a primer. As other reviewers have mentioned, this evens out my eyelid skin tone, which tends toward red, and I do swipe a bit under my bottom lashes where I can get that red-rimmed look. I usually put this on and then do my eyebrows, giving it a bit of time to 'set' before I put on my shadow. Although it works well enough, I still prefer Clinique's Touch Base, so will purchase that again next time.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Here is my experience with this product: I don't have oily eyelids at al, and have had great results with UDPP, TFSI, NARS e/s base and most recently I've been loving the LORAC Behind the Scenes primer. Looking for a cheap dupe I came across this thing. At first application it seemed to have a lot of promise. A very creamy, blendable formula that neutralized the look of my eyelids. However as the day went on it creased on me pretty badly, something that none of the afore mentioned 4 primers have done. It may have only been $7, but it's going back. I'd rather put that $7 toward LORAC's $20 primer which lasts forever and comes in a squeeze tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by genevieveeely

I really like this product. I'm asian so for those of you who have mono lids, hopefully this will help! I find that this base keeps a hold of my eyeshadow very well for quite a few hours. It does crease, but only after about 5-6 hours. My tip would be to apply urban decay primer potion before applying this and it should work better! I would definitely purchase this again. It is not costly and it's worth what i pay. I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a good eyeshadow base. Everytime I use it, my eyeshadow pops and looks great. I apply this after using udpp and then use my eyeshadow. I've never seen my matte or baked shadows pop until using this. This is definitely a keeper.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff sucks. In my opinion, it is repackaged concealer. It creases and does nothing to prevent shadows from bleeding and fading. I'm still a fan of NYX though, just not this product.