October 1, 2014 | 895 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Not to be redundant, but this is a base, not a primer. As other reviewers have mentioned, this evens out my eyelid skin tone, which tends toward red, and I do swipe a bit under my bottom lashes where I can get that red-rimmed look. I usually put this on and then do my eyebrows, giving it a bit of time to 'set' before I put on my shadow. Although it works well enough, I still prefer Clinique's Touch Base, so will purchase that again next time.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Here is my experience with this product: I don't have oily eyelids at al, and have had great results with UDPP, TFSI, NARS e/s base and most recently I've been loving the LORAC Behind the Scenes primer. Looking for a cheap dupe I came across this thing. At first application it seemed to have a lot of promise. A very creamy, blendable formula that neutralized the look of my eyelids. However as the day went on it creased on me pretty badly, something that none of the afore mentioned 4 primers have done. It may have only been $7, but it's going back. I'd rather put that $7 toward LORAC's $20 primer which lasts forever and comes in a squeeze tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by genevieveeely

I really like this product. I'm asian so for those of you who have mono lids, hopefully this will help! I find that this base keeps a hold of my eyeshadow very well for quite a few hours. It does crease, but only after about 5-6 hours. My tip would be to apply urban decay primer potion before applying this and it should work better! I would definitely purchase this again. It is not costly and it's worth what i pay. I recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a good eyeshadow base. Everytime I use it, my eyeshadow pops and looks great. I apply this after using udpp and then use my eyeshadow. I've never seen my matte or baked shadows pop until using this. This is definitely a keeper.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff sucks. In my opinion, it is repackaged concealer. It creases and does nothing to prevent shadows from bleeding and fading. I'm still a fan of NYX though, just not this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Stefaniey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this without realising it's a BASE not a primer. Read up and have found it's actually what I need. I use Too Faced Shadow insurance which is colourless on me but NYX base covers my veiny lids for a great base. Good vibrancy improvement, so cheap. I don't love the pots but it's great for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by ashram11

I was looking for a cheap eye shadow base and came across this one. It works good for a short period of time maybe 6 hours top then my eye shadows start to crease and fade. I wouldn't buy it again but for the price its worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by mignondee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have all three of the NYX bases and I like them all. I think people give it less stars because they are using it wrong, or they compare it to UDPP or Shadow Insurance (which I personally don't like), but it is not comparable to those because they are two different products. The NYX is a base...not a primer. No...it is not the same thing. Primers help to smooth out the surface that you are using it on...a base helps the shadows stick and be more vibrant. If you use the primer of your choice, (I like UDPP, Ruby Kisses *dupe for UDPP*, or Lorac), then apply the NYX base, I think that you will like it. It gets 5 stars from me...

PS. I am a freelance MUA who has been in the game over 10 yrs. (Just an FYI) :-)

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by iheartmypitbull

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure that this isn't just concealer repackaged and re-marketed as an eyeshadow base because that's exactly what it seems like to me. It's way too greasy to be a good ES base, even if you only use the smallest amount. It didn't make my shadow last any longer although it did make it a tiny bit more vibrant. However, I still don't see any difference at all between this product and a concealer. Furthermore, the color is pretty dark and VERY yellow-toned which looks freaky on my fair, cool-toned skin.

I do use it occasionally when I'm really tired to neutralize some of the purple on my lids but then again, I can do the exact same thing with concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by ticklez88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the packaging, I like the product and for the price it is soooo worth it. This little beauty was one of my first e/s bases and I love it. Sometimes it can be a bit stiff - you just need to let your finger warm it up a bit. It ever creases and suits my skin beautifully. It also keeps my eyeshadows on and provides a great canvas to work with. I have had mine over a year and there is still a ton left!