July 29, 2014 | 1910 users online

Hair Treatments - DermOrganic - Leave In Treatment with Argan Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by isshevital

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this along with the Dermorganic sulfate-free shampoo and conditioning masque. The three products together have seemed to really nourish my hair in a way I've never experienced with other products. I don't know how to describe it, other than that my hair feels and looks happy.

For an oil, I am surprised by how much of this stuff can disappear into my hair without weighing it down at all. I don't even have to be cautious about getting it close to my scalp, and my hair is on the oily side. Love the way this smells, although I could see how some people might dislike it. It smells very exotic, like a rich, sweet oil. Kinda wish the smell would linger more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Shakeitdontbreakit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've embarked on the magical journey of turning my naturally dark brown/almost black hair to light light blonde. My colorist, who normally tells me not to "bother with any if this crap" when it comes to the products sold at the salon, handed me a bottle of this and looked at me as if she were handing sight to a blind man. I bought it of course. To echo the other reviews, this stuff is very most excellent.
Because it is an oil and not a silicone, it really improves the hair's condition without just coating it, and in turn, there's no build-up.
The only added input I can offer is for those who have color-treated (bleached) hair, which can be tricky. Especially if one is trying to maintain an ash blonde. I do not find that this product has a negative (brassy) effect, which is great. Life itself can turn bright ash or (gasp) platinum hair brassy, so even if this has a minor effect, it's a small tradeoff for hair that is in much better condition.
I'm just sayin'.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeVlvre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best EVER!!!! I bought the 4 fl oz bottle for $19.99 at Marshall's. This stuff isnt typically sold at Marshall's but I got lucky.
My hair is curly and thick naturally and I flat iron it minimum twice a week so it is also fried and damaged. I rubbed it into my hair after the shower when it was already dry prior to flat ironing it. This changes the texture of my hair from brittle, dry and damaged to shiny, soft, manageble and totally healthy hair (not greasy at all). Also, it cut my straightening time in half (I guess when hair is softer it is easier for flat iron to go through it - that's the only reason I can come up with). It's not expensive, it works wonders, I love it and will forever buy it.
The shampoo and hair masque were sold there as well and I made a terrible mistake by not buying it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this product. I was sent a sample sized bottle of this as an extra in a swap once upon a time. That tiny bottle lasted me a few months with regular use. After it was used up, I purchased a full-sized bottle (4 fl oz). I use about 6-7 drops on my shoulder-length hair after it's dry from a shower so this bottle will last a very long time. I used to spend a fortune on styling products but I don't feel like I need to now, this does everything I could ask for. It tames frizz, makes my hair unbelievably soft, bouncy, shiny and it doesn't hurt that it smells amazing too.This is one of those products that you happen upon and it's just perfection. I wish I could remember who it was that sent me the sample so that I could thank them! It's also worth mentioning that this is vegan - no animal testing, no artificial preservatives, sulfate-free, gluten-free, no sodium chloride, parabens, mea, dea or dyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by CocaNicola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product but hate the smell! It smells kinda ashy or like incense. But my hair has never been silkier! I really feel like this product is healing my hair and making it silky smooth. I usually spray a good smelling product on top of it to neutralize the smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by JenniStarBrite

I started using this about a month ago and wow what a difference it has made! I was using OroFluido oil (I LOVE!) but its pricey and the reviews were good for the DemOrganic so I tried it. It was less than 17 bucks from Amazon with shipping which I consider reasonable for the quality of the product.

I have thick, wavy hair and for several months I was flaking up like crazy because it was so dry (I use clarifying shampoos because I like my hair to feel CLEAN and mosturizing shampoos always build up on me) but I guess it was drying me out. I started using the oil after ym showers. I wash and condition, then use a nickel sized amount (hair is midback now and THICK) and rub it through my hair and massage my scalp then comb it through. It has replaced my detangler - it detangles on it's own, and my hair is light and bouncy with little frizz.

I have noticed the texture and strength of my hair improving as well. When I condition now and rinse, I actually feel it all smooth and strong when I tug like in the Pantene commercials. Even my stylist has noticed and commented. I really reccomend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by apee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is amazing! My hair is thin, wavy, frizzy and crunchy-dry. This oil gives the illusion of healthier hair. I use about 15 drops and work it through wet hair, add some Tousle Me Softly mousse and dry with a diffuser. Its like someone else's hair. Love it!! When I run out, I will probably try Moroccanoil, just to see if there is any difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by FocaVieja

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have fine, thin hair that tends to be dry, and it's easily weighed down by most products. My stylist used this after my last haircut, and I was so impressed that I called her to ask her where I could buy it! It leaves my hair soft and bouncy, making it look like more volume than I have. I wash my hair about twice a week, and this keeps my hair soft for several days. I rub a dime-sized amount through my towel-dried hair after washing. My stylist offered to get me some when she returned from a trip, but I couldn't wait and ordered a 4-ounce bottle from sleekhair. Warning -- it's pricey! But a little goes a very long way, so for me it's worth it. I replaced two other products with this one small bottle of oil, and it works much better for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by diggity

I love this. I've tried an embarrassingly long list of styling products and specifically hair serums. You name it, I've tried it (Aveda, Kerastase, Oscar Blandi, everything at the drugstore, and so on). So I wasn't really expecting this to work any differently than any other silicone-based serum. But I was very pleasantly surprised. This tames frizz like you wouldn't believe, and it doesn't seem to build up at all. I use a sulfate-free shampoo and I still only need to clarify maybe once every two months. My hair was grown longer than it ever has since I started using this 6 months ago. Usually my ends get really ratty and start to break off because I'm a heat styling junkie. But somehow this really seems to protect and save my hair. I use it in a few days (1) when airdrying, just to tame frizz on my naturally curly hair (2) before flat ironing and (3) as a finishing product or to just add some shine. It smells great, and you only need a little bit. Like I said, I've been using this for around 6 months and I've only used maybe 1/3 of the bottle. This will last me a long time. Great product. I have never been happier with my hair. I will absolutely buy this again and pray that they never discontinue it.
For reference, I've also tried Morroccan Oil and the One'n'Only Argan Oil product from Sally Beauty. I like both of those as well, but I prefer the DermOrganic oil. The DermOrganic feels lighter and doesn't build up as much.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My stylist recommended this after I told her I was using coconut oil on my hair. I love DermOrganic Argan Oil. It smells delicious. Not perfumey, but a little fruity. The smell doesn't linger though. It does not make my hair feel or look greasy. I have very long, fine, but a lot of it, wavy hair. Sometimes I use this after shampoo and conditioner on towel dried hair; sometimes I skip the conditioner and just use the Argan oil. One bottle will last you at least 6 months probably a lot longer if you have shorter hair. Easy to travel with and makes your hair look and feel healthy. Less tangles means less breakage. Plus, my hair dries very quickly after I use this so less blow dryer heat styling. I sometimes use on dry hair when I really want to keep the fly aways at bay.