April 16, 2014 | 1564 users online

Hair - Philip Kingsley - Elasticizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I never paid much attention to my hair products even though my hair became an extremely dry, brittle, frizzy damaged mess recently after bleaching and colouring it too often. For reference: I have type 2A shoulder-length, dry, normal- to fine, wavy hair and lots of it. I've always been using cheap drugstore products and never really liked the results. I'm trying to let it grow longer but always ended up having it cut in a short style because of the frizzy mess and the fried split ends. So it was about time to pamper my poor hair and I bought PK Elasticizer after the recs of some helpful girls on the Hair Board. I got a travel kit with PK Moisture Balancing Shampoo & Conditioner and three 20ml. packages of the Elasticizer Mask. I've used Elasticizer twice now and I'm thrilled with the results! My hair is feeling much softer, is less frizzy and is all shiny and bouncing! I even got complimented with my hair by my neighbour, who is a hair stylist... I apply Elasticizer on damp hair at night, before going to sleep and rinse out the next morning, followed by shampoo & conditioner. Even after the first usage I noticed a big improvement in the texture of my hair. The second time I didn't use PK Shampoo & Conditioner but Redken All-Soft Shampoo & Conditioner and the results were even better. I guess the PK Shampoo & Conditioner combined with Elasticizer was a bit too much, weighing my hair down and making it limp. But Elasticizer is truly awesome! It's not fragranced, has a great texture (nothing too thick or too thin) and washes out easily. No build-ups. Beats all other hairmasks; even Frederic Fekkai's or Wella's. Expensive, yes. I'm going to get the 500ml/11.6OZ tub for $55 (HQHair.com) but it's most definately worth it. This tub will last me for nearly a year when used once a fortnight and will bring back life to my hair!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by PamdaBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Brilliant product. Whenever I use this my thick, coarse and frizzy hair is smooth, shiny and soft. It is one of the few hair products I use over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by ambriki

This is an HG product for me. I have very thick, ringletty, highlighted hair which gets coarse and horrid quickly if I don't look after it. I agree with the first reviewer on her comments about long-term benefits - my hair looks great for a week at least after using this. I soak my hair, gently squeeze out the excess (only so that it doesn't drip all the product out, I find that this product works best if my hair s wet as opposed to just damp), and if I am in a hurry I tie it up whilst I floss lol then re-wet it, comb through, rinse out and shampoo + condition etc as normal. If I have time to spare I wet my hair over the bath whilst still in my jimjams lol then apply as normal and tie my hair up tightly and wrap my head in foil. I then give it a quick blast with the hairdryer and leave it on for 30 minutes. My hair really does like this! Not sure why as when you read the ingredients they don't look especially amazing but Mr. K sure knows his stuff! If you are not sure if you want to invest or not then buy a sachet first, in a local hair salon in the U.K. I can get one for 3.20.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by nattie

Agree with Missy's earlier review: I'm baffled as to why this receives so many plaudits. It does absolutely nothing for my not-so-badly-damaged hair. I initially thought it was due to my application method, but after varying amount, dampness of my hair and time left on it still does nothing!shame, as I really wanted it to work, especially after falling for the hype and purchasing a salonsize bottle...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by CrazyCat15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I like to try lots of brands, and i must say, i always have this in my bathroom as a treatment, it really hydrates and adds elasticity, as it claims, i would use again, (will use tomorrow LOL) and would recommend it. Along with their shampoo/conditioner for curly hair, (mine is mad curly hair) help with frizz too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by kellyolsen75

LOVE IT! you only need the smallest amount of this product to do its job -- i purchased this product and only used the cream that was stuck in the top of the lid when i first opened the jar. if you have fine hair like i do, it says not to use a lot, and try to keep the product at the roots. i was having a long series of bad hair days before using this product. so far, it has been 2 weeks and my hair is still going strong. just overall healthy! seems to have reversed the damage from sun, color + the elements. AMAZING! i plan on using this again once my hair feels dry again. so far that hasnt happened yet! product suggests using on a consistent basis - at the rate i am using this, the jar will last me a long time!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2008 3:48:00 AM More reviews by missy24680

i usually follow all of MUAs reviews,, but this time you people were wrong!!!! this stuff is terrible!!!! i put it in washed it out and had greasy greasy hair afterward...i had to get back in the shower and shampoo my head again...trust me i like the heavy duty repair moisture for my highlighted extra dry hair but this just made it a grease slick....do NOT reccomend...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by MeganCrawford

I love it- I buy the big salon one from QVC. Keeps my coloured hair smooth and stops the frizz. Excellent!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 1:45:00 PM More reviews by popkid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Who cares if the packaging isnt all that?-THIS WORKS!

Having wavy hair prone to frizz and curls under times of stress, humidity and rain my barnet was in need of some major TLC due to overstyling after my hairdresser went chop happy with the front section of my do.

This actually does whack some moisture and life back into lacklustre locks! The first try was good like an avererage conditioner and the second time I left it on my damp hair whilst in the shower and it was SILKY, GLEAMING AND BABY SOFT! My hair is fine wavy and unmanageable but it was so soft and smooth after this.

Im now going to try his styling product- Straight-anyone tried it?

The scalp mask also rocks! These are two things you wont end up throwing in the bin!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2008 5:42:00 AM More reviews by artcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really a wonder potion. I was ready for a haircut to give some shape to my fine, colored and highlighted hair and then I used the elasticizer, wrapped it and left it on for a couple of hours. After I washed and conditioned, I got this silky healthy hair of many years ago! The second time my hair got even better. I had been using mostly Kerastase for a couple of years but there is no comparison to this- I must check out other Philip Kingsley stuff. My hair is also a lot less frizzy. I guess it could weigh down some types of hair, but for my hair it is THE HG!