Philip Kingsley Elasticizer

4.4

Aqua (Water), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Dimethyl PABA, Olea Europaea (Olive) Husk Oil, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Methylparaben, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Propylparaben, Sodium Benzoate.

on 2/7/2010 6:26:00 PM

Wow. After reading the raves for this on the hair board, I had to try it out on my dry, color treated mid length hair. My hair LOVES this stuff. I wasn't sure if it would be as effective as a regular deep conditioner since this was my first time using a pre shampoo treatment. I left this on for 25 minutes and blasted it with the blowdryer a few times for some heat. It left my hair unbelievably silky, soft, and bouncy. I followed it with my normal L'Anza Healing Moisture shampoo and Terax Crema conditioner. Usually I use the Kevin Murphy Luxury Leave In as well, but had no need for the product after using this. Will definitely continue to use, only drawback is the price. However I did not need to use a lot of the product and I think it is definitely worth the price.

on 12/15/2009 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

well, this certainly works!

it's one of those products i've seen mentioned a million times but never got around to try as it's not sold here and can it be that good even if everybody raves about it anyway?

i should probably use it more than once before reviewing it, but damn, the effect is amazing! my hair is mixed texture, totally unruly and all over the place. to make matters worse, my skin is ridiculously sensitive all over, including scalp, and the number of products i can use without having some bad reaction is very limited.

now i only left this in hair for a moment and shampooed right after, so exposure time for my scalp was minimal anyway, but no reaction.

only relults, and what glorious results! :-)

my hair is happy, shiny, bouncy, smooth and manageable, takes less styling product to make it behave. no negative impact on volume and it doesn't seem to make my hair greasier/dirtier faster either.

on 12/7/2009 5:15:00 AM

OH. MY. GOD. I ADORE this stuff!! I only bought the sample size to try- and clicked on Add to Cart for the 1l tub quicker than I could log in! I wet my hair towel dried it and massaged this in all over. I left it on for 30 minutes. I then shampooed and conditioned as normal (It was normally my day to use the masquintense too- but I never bothered), and I nearly did cartwheels around my room after I had styled it. I blowdried my hair, then straightened it, and WOW!!!!! My hair is seriously gross naturally and it is like a frizz bomb and without my Kerastase products, I am like a lost soul. This is defo on my HG list now. My hair is bouncier than a bouncy ball, it actually feels a bit stronger- so imagine using it all the time!!!! If you are thinking of buying this- don't think!! CLICK ADD TO CART!!! Yippeee!!!

on 11/29/2009 4:09:00 PM

If I only could afford one hair product I probably would choose this one, that's how good it is. I absolutely agree with another reviewer (Eskapist) about the benefits of this treatment. All other hair products are just "icing on the cake" but Elastciser is a must have. After using this product for last 2 months (sometimes 2x weekly, sometimes once every 10 days) I can switch to less moisturising shampoo because the condition of my hair improved. I also no longer need to use a lot of moisturizing products during one wash (poo, dish, leave-in etc), I apply it on damp hair and keep for 30 min (heat or no heat and I do not bother with plastic cap anymore) then rince, shampoo, condish etc. I had a hard time finding poo that would go with it until I discovered that all I have to do is shampoo 3 times (shampooing only 2x would leave my hairfeeling coated..) Also, I do not apply it near my roots but make a ponytail and cover it with this product. It also seems that Elasticiser made my hair stronger. I would def. reccomend it to anyone with damaged/dry hair as a MUST treatment. If you are undecided between this and KS masquintense, for example, get Elasticiser first as it truly treats your hair. I use it with BS1 or BS2 KS shampoos, Creme de Coco shampoo and Terax Crema conditioner. My hair are (according to my hairstylist): normaL, abundant, color treated (demi color). I use heat once in while.

on 10/26/2009 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Due to the comments on the hair board, I finally caved and bought this. It's a pre-shampoo treatment where you wet your hair and leave on for 30 minutes then shampoo and condition as usual. It is creamy in consistency, easy enought to work throughout the hair and from what I can tell unscented. My hair is about shoulder length straight and very fine. The Elasticizer left my hair feeling soft and nourished after the first and second use. A lot of girls report that their hair has become stronger after regular use of Elasticizer, I haven't experienced that yet but will update my review after a few months. I'm also going to try the Elasticizer Extreme later this week, which is supposed to be a lot richer.

on 10/6/2009 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was at Harrod's and started to by a Fekkai product, but the saleswoman convinced me to try this line. I bought the travel kit with shampoo, conditioner and elasticizer. I have now ordered regular sizes from the NY store. I have dry, colored, frizzy hair and these products have transformed it!!!. Have never written a review, but these are well worth the money--and to be honest, I thought them reasonable compared to others I've tried.

on 9/10/2009 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really like Phillip Kingsly products, i have a very sensitive scalp and fine dry hair, found thi product really good and it has definatly strengthened my hair at the roots. very good.

on 8/25/2009 8:55:00 PM

I have just finished my first tub of this so I can now write a review on it. Well, I brought this in the UK for 20 pounds which is a lot of money! 1 tub lasted me 5 applications which is a months use. During that time my hair was soo silky and I really feel like it has helped sustain some of the damage from splitting ends. However, I will not be buying this again whilst I am still a student its far too expensive and there are cheaper alternatives. If you do buy this, the instructions say leave this on for 10 minutes. I recommend keeping this on for much longer, overnight is best. If im earning 25k a year I will buy this again.

on 8/17/2009 6:46:00 PM

I never write reviews for products, but I was so impressed with this, I felt I had to put someting down! This is hands down the best deep conditioning treatment I have tried so far by a long shot (and there have been many!). It was recommended by my hairdresser to deal with my very dry, damaged coarse & unmanageable wavy hair. For me, it works best when I put this on my wet hair in the evening, pop a shower cap on and leave it in over night. I was so surprised by the results the next day when I first washed it out! It felt instantly softer and shinier as the water ran through it and I was very pleased with the result once dried, really kept my frizzies down and made the overall condition appear alot healthier! I hope that over time the condition will be even more restored with continued use! Will definitely be buying again - in fact I purchased the 1000 ml tub currently available on the philip kinglsey website for 40!!! Bargain (ish!) I recommend it to everyone!

on 7/29/2009 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I never paid much attention to my hair products even though my hair became an extremely dry, brittle, frizzy damaged mess recently after bleaching and colouring it too often. For reference: I have type 2A shoulder-length, dry, normal- to fine, wavy hair and lots of it. I've always been using cheap drugstore products and never really liked the results. I'm trying to let it grow longer but always ended up having it cut in a short style because of the frizzy mess and the fried split ends. So it was about time to pamper my poor hair and I bought PK Elasticizer after the recs of some helpful girls on the Hair Board. I got a travel kit with PK Moisture Balancing Shampoo & Conditioner and three 20ml. packages of the Elasticizer Mask. I've used Elasticizer twice now and I'm thrilled with the results! My hair is feeling much softer, is less frizzy and is all shiny and bouncing! I even got complimented with my hair by my neighbour, who is a hair stylist... I apply Elasticizer on damp hair at night, before going to sleep and rinse out the next morning, followed by shampoo & conditioner. Even after the first usage I noticed a big improvement in the texture of my hair. The second time I didn't use PK Shampoo & Conditioner but Redken All-Soft Shampoo & Conditioner and the results were even better. I guess the PK Shampoo & Conditioner combined with Elasticizer was a bit too much, weighing my hair down and making it limp. But Elasticizer is truly awesome! It's not fragranced, has a great texture (nothing too thick or too thin) and washes out easily. No build-ups. Beats all other hairmasks; even Frederic Fekkai's or Wella's. Expensive, yes. I'm going to get the 500ml/11.6OZ tub for $55 (HQHair.com) but it's most definately worth it. This tub will last me for nearly a year when used once a fortnight and will bring back life to my hair!

Top Rated Philip Kingsley Products