TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

Holy smokes this stuff lives up to its hype.
It is insanely pigmented: tap your brush once for a subtle, pretty look , tap your brush in twice for a more dramatic look and so on. Be careful how much you put on your brush because you can very easily overdo it. Start small and build it.
The colour is a platinum, champagne, gold, with glimmery shimmery glow. Beautiful and it has that wet look; perfect for strobing.
I put this on in the morning and use a setting spray either fix + or skindinavia and it lasts all day through work.
Took off a lippy for the packaging because you have to really dig your nail in to open it and (don't hate me) but I'm not a fan of the artwork on the lid I think it looks tacky. This is just me being really picky though, the product itself is excellent. The price is good especially compared to Becca which I can't justify buying because it's so expensive. But now there's no need since I've got my holy grail high lighter. Will repurchase mary lou manizer, again and again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The Mary Lou-Manizer has been in my make-up arsenal for YEARS... I discovered it at 15 and still love it now (when TheBalm had giveaways on their Facebook page, they even gave me a free full-sized one for comment-of-the-day!). A little goes a long way, a compact can last me 1-3 years.

Mary Lou is a wonderful nude champagne that looks great on all skintones - I'd say it's neutral since it's neither too gold or too silvery. In the daytime it's very obvious that you're wearing shimmer because the sunlight will catch on the microglitter - but looks ULTRAFAB in the evenings and nights if you go clubbing or want to look glowy and polished for dinner. Another thing that's great is that it avoids being powdery, as most highlighters can be.

What I like to do is lightly pat some highlighter onto the area underneath my eyes (I don't do the "C") to make my cheeks POP, onto my forehead closer to my brows, chin, and the strip down my nose. I don't have a flat face, but there's something refreshing about nicely placed highlighter.

If you like a more subtle glow, reach for MAC's Lightscapade. I can buff on as much of Lightscapade onto my cheeks and it'll never look overdone - and they're both the same price. However, Mary Lou-Manizer is definitely an old-faithful. ;)

EDIT: I also like to take a flat eyeshadow brush and smooth a little bit into the inner corners of my eyes, with the end result being something that looks exquisite. It makes a really great multi-dimensional eyeshadow and brow highlighter as well. Play around with Mary Lou!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My go-to powder highlighter. The colour is beautiful and like others have said, you only need a little to achieve a gorgeous glow. It isn't the most natural highlight so if you're going for a highlight that isn't obvious this might not be your thing, but for anyone else I'd recommend it.

What I also love about this is that for me it's a multipurpose product. I also use this as an eyeshadow paired with a brown grease colour, gives me that perfect everyday eye makeup look that brightens my eyes, especially the inner corners.

Will definitely repurchase!

Pros:
-Gives you a LOT of glow! Totally changes the look of the face. Gives a wet shine look
-Very beautiful warm champagne with a little bit of gold shade: suits every skin color
-Very smooth texture!
-A little bit goes a long way
-Cant deny the very cute packaging!
-Definitely long lasting: I can still see it at the end of the day
- I think the price is reasonable

Cons:
-For a very natural makeup/ no makeup makeup, this might not be the highlight to wear...It definitley doesnt give a natural glow...it gives BAMMM GLOWW. (it is detectable on the face)

so gladddd i purchased this even though the price was a bitt over my budget.. gives me that glow ive been wanting for so long now.. i have purchase a few of the balm products and they were all superbb!!! will continue to purchase in the future!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i debated buying this for so long and i'm glad i did. i purchased off of amazon as it was constantly out of stock at rexall here in canada, and was $10 cheaper online.
the packaging is fun, just like the rest of the brand, but it is also quite sturdy. the colour is a champagne sheen. one swatch is very pigmented. i have to admit that it doesn't look like anything special in pan - just a nice champagne colour, but it translates beautifully on the face. it is so glowy and gorgeous without being gilttery. it's not what i would describe as a subtle highlighter but probably can be if applied very lightly. i like gleaming, sheeny highlights so this is perfect for me. it can easily be built up to give that super-lit look that is very popular now. some people like to rock highlights visible from outer space, so this is a great product for that. i suspect it would lovely over cream highlights like my benefit watts up as well. this is a stellar product from thebalm.

I love this highlighter, a little goes a long way so even though it's pricey it will last a long time. For folks on a budget wet n wild reserve your cabana is a beautiful highlighter also.

This is the perfect highlighter, I have tried so many over the years and nothing compares to this. It's a beautiful champagne colour and you only need the tiniest bit, a little goes a long way! You can also use it as the prettiest eyeshadow! It stays all day and I repurchase over and over again! I would definitely recommend this highlighter to everyone!!

Love it!
Such a versatile product, I use it very sparingly on the cheekbones and with a denser brush as an eyeshadow, under eye and cupid bow highlighter.
It's a bit pricey but I see it lasting a long long time! I've had it for months and it still looks full. I bought it for about $25 AUD from a store on eBay which seems to be much cheaper than a lot of other sites I've seen it.

Such a beautiful highlight. It gives you the right amount of glow and it's more of a golden time shade which I love. It's a little bit pricey but worth a try. The texture is very soft and super easy to apply. I apply this with my fingers. It last all day. Overall a great product

Top Rated TheBalm Products