TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 11/6/2014 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

About me: NC15, dry skin oh and I love over the top glittery highlighters!

Pros
-a little goes a long way. I have had mine for 6+ months and I still haven't hit pan. I wear it 4x/week
-lasts all day
-is glittery and over the top for daytime even though I wear it to work lol
-very soft and buttery
-can get it at a discounted price on hautelook usually
-great for fair skin
-champagne color great for warm undertones

Cons
-breaks very easily! I dropped it once and the pan is no longer glued to the compact and part of it broke off! I would not feel comfortable traveling with this.
-cheesy packaging
-not for you if you like subtle non glittery highlighters or are pink undertoned
-not for dark complexions might be too light for you.

So this is great if you are fair, like glittery highlighters, don't mind cheesy packaging and don't plan on traveling a ton with it! This is my HG highlighter

Update 2/19/2015: This is still my HG highlighter & I can see the rings of the pan! I have not hit pan yet though :)

on 10/31/2014 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am not one to own multiple highlighters. Is it shiny? Is it soft and buttery and doesn't look like glitter flecks on my face? Good. That pretty much describes my standard for a highlighter.

It's vibrant and it works really well on my fair skin tone. I'd love to see a picture of someone going through the product because it contains .30 oz. which is HUGE. It also has a good-sized mirror. I am all about the dewy skin and have even worn this to work; if it was too intense or not work appropriate, no one told me about it, so I like it for that reason, too.

They might not be dupe products, but compare the per unit price ($80) to Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed ($135) and I like the purchase even more.

on 10/31/2014 7:21:00 AM

This is hand down my favorite highlighter, it will forever be in my makeup bag! A little goes a long way with this it is highlighter, I get a lot of use out if so its worth every penny. It looks great on brow bones, inner eye, and cupids bow as well as highlighting other parts of my face. It gives my skin a gorgeous healthy glow. I love the Balm products they are all really good quality. The packaging and names are so fun and cute.

on 10/12/2014 7:07:00 AM

Adore this product, most beautiful powder highlighter I've come across so far. Packaging is blah.

on 9/30/2014 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

When I first got this I wasn't that impressed for some reason so I shoved it in my makeup drawer and didn't use it for months and months. I just rediscovered it and I love it! Funny how that works. I've been brushing it lightly over my brow bone, the inner corner of my eye, down my nose, and on my cheekbones. It looks amazing! Very glowy but not in a way that's too in your face like some kind of shimmer bomb. I much prefer this to other more expensive highlighters (Ahem, Becca Pressed Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal).
One weird thing is that when I got it there was an area that was super soft like there was a pocket of air trapped in the product. It eventually started breaking up in that area but now I feel that in another area of the product.

Love this highlighter. It's not too shimmery (provided you use a light hand) and leaves a pretty sheen on the skin. It's a gorgeous champagne colour and the product itself is so smooth. You also get a huge amount of product for the price too (I think I paid AUD$31.95 at David Jones). It also has suoer cute packaging which is a plus!

on 9/18/2014 3:59:00 AM

The most beautiful highlighter! Every time i shop for a new highlighter for a change I always end up not getting it because it doesn't live up to mary-lou. Its a nice champagney shade and it it SUPER pigmented. I also love using it as a eyeshadow so its very versatile.

on 9/9/2014 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I first heard about this product through Michelle Phan's "How to Look Like Miranda Kerr". She used it as a face highlight as well as an inner-corner highlight. I'd been searching for a highlight that was not pink-based for quite sometime. I think that they must've reformulated this luminizer because I found it on Amazon for $13! So cheap! It will last me a long time. If I find another yellow-based highlighter better than this one than I won't repurchase, so far this is the best one I've tried yet!

on 9/6/2014 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Words don't even begin to describe how much I LOVE this stuff!!! It is the perfect highlighter. I get compliments all the time when I wear this. It is on the pricey side but it's SO pigmented that you just have to lightly tap your brush into it, so you'll have it for ages before it runs out!

on 7/31/2014 11:46:00 AM

This is a very frosty highlighter that would look best on young, good skin. The best reviews seem to be from people in their teens and twenties. On older skin it emphasizes bumps and fine lines and it can look too severe, even when applied with a light hand and a high-end Japanese brush. For older skin I much prefer the Lorac highlighter. But if you are younger and want to make a statement, this is the one.

Top Rated TheBalm Products