TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 12/5/2014 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

What a gorgeous product! I swatched it once and thought it would be too glittery, and bought the Becca SSP instead, what a silly mistake! I finally bought it and I am in love. It's easy to use and gives me a warm glow. I also adore it as an eyeshadow, it seems more pigmented on my lids, I don't know how but lovely.

on 12/5/2014 1:21:00 PM

Oh em G!!!! Buy this!! Buy ten! It's so nice and looks so glowy on my cheekbones. It looks like a glow from within. I used other highlighters that were cheaper from powder to liquid to a stick kind. This is the one. It's worth spending the extra $10. I got it on the cyber Monday sale though so it was literally $12. Woo. In love

on 12/2/2014 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love this highlighter! It's the perfect shade for my light olive skin tone, it's such a fine shimmer that it gives the most beautiful dewy glow to the skin, and a little goes a long way. I also LOVE the packaging and the name. For the price, you get a huge amount of product. If I ever run out, I will be buying it again!

on 11/25/2014 1:22:00 PM

This is beautiful! Looking for an everyday highlighter, I have the bobbi brown bronze gold limited edition highlighter. But I don't want to use that everyday since it's limited edition! LOL but this is beautiful even though winter has arrived I cannot wait to wear this in the summer time! I am the color 9.0 in the naked foundation. Mac color matches me wrong. But this is a perfect highlighter for all skin tones!

on 11/17/2014 7:16:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

On my nc20 skin this gives a beautiful alas over-the-top sheen. Nothing subtle about this highlighter. Color was a nice champagne shimmer I really enjoyed. I am sad to report that never achieved the glow from within look I wanted. Maybe it was lack of proper application techniques or usage of the wrong brush. Either way, I wasn't willing to put up with this product to make it work..

on 11/17/2014 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This product is okay.. I honestly do like this highlighter but it can make you look oily depending on how much you put on, I love putting it on my cheekbones and cuspids bow, but when I apply it to the bridge of my nose it tends to make my face look oily, but overall I like this highlighter, i just wouldn't purchase again, I'd lean more towards the becca opal highlighter.

on 11/6/2014 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

About me: NC15, dry skin oh and I love over the top glittery highlighters!

Pros
-a little goes a long way. I have had mine for 6+ months and I still haven't hit pan. I wear it 4x/week
-lasts all day
-is glittery and over the top for daytime even though I wear it to work lol
-very soft and buttery
-can get it at a discounted price on hautelook usually
-great for fair skin
-champagne color great for warm undertones

Cons
-breaks very easily! I dropped it once and the pan is no longer glued to the compact and part of it broke off! I would not feel comfortable traveling with this.
-cheesy packaging
-not for you if you like subtle non glittery highlighters or are pink undertoned
-not for dark complexions might be too light for you.

So this is great if you are fair, like glittery highlighters, don't mind cheesy packaging and don't plan on traveling a ton with it! This is my HG highlighter

Update 2/19/2015: This is still my HG highlighter & I can see the rings of the pan! I have not hit pan yet though :)

on 10/31/2014 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am not one to own multiple highlighters. Is it shiny? Is it soft and buttery and doesn't look like glitter flecks on my face? Good. That pretty much describes my standard for a highlighter.

It's vibrant and it works really well on my fair skin tone. I'd love to see a picture of someone going through the product because it contains .30 oz. which is HUGE. It also has a good-sized mirror. I am all about the dewy skin and have even worn this to work; if it was too intense or not work appropriate, no one told me about it, so I like it for that reason, too.

They might not be dupe products, but compare the per unit price ($80) to Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed ($135) and I like the purchase even more.

on 10/31/2014 7:21:00 AM

This is hand down my favorite highlighter, it will forever be in my makeup bag! A little goes a long way with this it is highlighter, I get a lot of use out if so its worth every penny. It looks great on brow bones, inner eye, and cupids bow as well as highlighting other parts of my face. It gives my skin a gorgeous healthy glow. I love the Balm products they are all really good quality. The packaging and names are so fun and cute.

on 10/12/2014 7:07:00 AM

Adore this product, most beautiful powder highlighter I've come across so far. Packaging is blah.

Top Rated TheBalm Products