Essie Mint Candy Apple

4.2

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite colors. It comes out more green than minty blue which I was not expecting but it is sooo pretty. I have never gotten more compliments on a nail color wearing this. The only downside is it is a little streaky during application but it comes out looking fine.

on 5/11/2013 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I know it's been out for a while and there are now floating around with two versions of the color. One is bluer and the one that released currently is more similar to the original, which is a minty green. the one I got is the minty color that I always wanted but wasn't sure if it's right for me.

I didn't get it when it first came out because my skintone just won't go well with any pastel shades. I love this color and seeing all the hypes about it... and finding stores ran out of it... i just had to have it when i finally came across the new stock arrived in store... :P

I'm still not very sure if the color fits my skintone, and I'm just having it on as accent with turquoise and caicos just to be safe, but I think it's growing on me and I might finally try having it on as a full mani :)

Formula wise, it's a little gloopy, so it's a little tricky to apply. but once you got the right amount, it glides on nicely and you can have it perfect in one coat (and two coats might look a bit too thick if you're not careful enough.... due to the gloopiness i guess...? ) This is not the most self-leveling essie polish I own, but as a starky color like this, i think they have already done a pretty decent job.

update: i have just switched to a full mani with MCA and I just love it... the more i look at my nails the more i love the look! :D and i think it works better with 2 thin coats

on 5/11/2013 1:09:00 PM

Love the color (even though it does not work perfectly with my skintone) and love how smoothly it guides on. No streaks at all! This color is great for the spring and summer!

on 5/9/2013 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm kind of torn on whether to rate this polish as a 4 or a 5. It's a great color, but it was a tad streaky. It came out fine in the end, but you have to apply it fast or else it won't look smooth. And make sure to use a good quality top coat, because mine got worn at the tips within a couple of days. Also, I think I had my hopes too high when I got this. I've been looking for this polish in stores for the last couple of years because it looked nice, and everybody seemed to have it. I wanted to know what all the fuss was about and built up this image in my head that this polish was going to be the minty green/blue to end all mints.
I'm still not sure if it is. It's lovely and looks more blue or more green depending on the light. It's almost neon in some lighting. I just wasn't quite as wowed as I was hoping I would be. But that's my fault I guess. It is growing on me the longer I wear it though. So I think I'll go ahead and give it a 5.
Anyway, I'd definitely recommend it if you don't already have some minty turquoise polishes in your collection.
Dupes that I know of: Revlon Minted (more green), China Glaze For Audrey (deeper and more blue), China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint, Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet (pastel and less blue)

on 4/21/2013 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My favorite nail polish color :)

I LOVE this color! Such a cute color for spring. I have not found any issues with this nail polish. With two good coats, you've got a lovely opaque soft mint green color. My only issue with this is that the formula is a bit thick, so you've got to be quick and swift when applying it, or else it will partially dry and look clumpy and thick after a few seconds.

on 4/15/2013 6:39:00 PM

I've had this color sitting around for about three years, and I remembered it being very streaky and hard to apply (might've been because I wasn't too great at polish), so I wore it maybe twice and put it away. I remember putting in a few drops of thinner about 5 months ago but forgot about it afterward.Fast forward to now, I saw a blogger wearing a minty color on her nails and it reminded me of this, so I decided to bring it out of hiding, and I loved it!!!! Yes, the first coat is streaky but a second coat is surprisingly all it takes to make everything nice and even. It's pretty shiny on its own, but topped with some seche vite it looks even more stunning. It's a great spring/summer color, and I know I'll be wearing it a lot this upcoming season! Lovelovelove.

on 4/13/2013 4:20:00 PM

I loooooooooove this colour it's a really pretty blue

on 4/8/2013 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Great pastel colour for olive skin, but seems like it would suit absolutely everybody - from the palest skintone to the darkest. The colour is a pastel-ly green with a hint of turquoise and it's perfect now the sun's starting to make an appearance. I think pastels are great for this time of year - Easter/Springtime.

The colour payoff is amazing and the polish itself is so thick and opaque that you only need two coats.

I'm knocking off a lippy because the staying power isn't the best (althought it's far from the worst)... it stays on for weeks on my toes, but chips easily on my fingernails - but this is much the same for most nail polishes.

Great colour, really accentuates your tan if you have one!

on 4/8/2013 8:18:00 AM

Great eye-striking fun color for the adventurous side. Fresh, hip, different. LOVE.

Popular Polishes