April 21, 2014 | 1525 users online

BB Cream - Etude - Etude House Precious Mineral All Day Strong BB Cream [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by equity

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NC30 (yellow toned), black hair and dark brown eyes here.
    I bought #2, which is a beigy shade with very, very slight pink undertones that is almost imperceptible.

Shades
    I took a half a lipstick off for the variety of shades (or lack thereof!). There are only two shades, and the lighter shade will be unwearable for most ladies.) This leaves a whitish cast initially but after a while it set in to match my skintone.
    Effects of skin
    I've been using this for a couple of months now, and I don't see that much of an effect, but it is quite moisturizing so I'll buy this again.

Staying power
    Very good - lasts all day. I just need minor powder touchups during the day. Only problem is that it causes powder to slide off my face (or so I think), so regular touchups are necessary for me when I use this BB cream.

Update: I bought shade #3 - much, much better. It is a beigy shade which blends very well into my skintone. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by lemonshake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best bb cream I have used so far. I use #3 and I am NC42 in MAC. This works better than foundations. The coverage is very good, very easy to blend with fingers. Takes only one pump. Not much of a white cast and adjusts to skin tone very fast.

Best part is that it really does last all day. I have extremely oily skin and I don't see any difference in that but none of the other bb creams or foundations have lasted like this one does.

Also it does not darken throughout the day or changes color. Some people here commented on this giving breakouts. I have acne prone skin and this never broke me out. Love it

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by littlemissheady

I have the #2 Sheer Glowy Skin and it surpasses every foundation I have ever tried. One pump goes a LONG way and coverage is perfect and natural looking. But I am also ordering the lighter shade of BB cream because I feel like this one is just a tad bit too yellow for my fair skin tone.

Also, my skin is extremely acne prone and I have been wearing this for 2 weeks with no negative results. if anything, my blemishes have begun to fade.

Very pleased with this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by iateLara

I've been a pink member in etude house for more than 2 months now. Bought this one in the darkest shade. It gave good coverage and i love the SPF protection and other features of the product.

Too bad it broke me out, BAD. it gave me pimples on my cheeks and forehead, which rarely happens when i use my MAC. it also made my pores open up. plus, this one's not to good for people above NC30 as their darkest shade is still too light because it usually caters to fair women in korea. Im trying to find some other BB cream that would be better. they say Dr. Jart is good for those with blemishes.

oh and the pump sucks. may be this is better for people with fairer and normal skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by CeciliaLark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in Sheer Silky Skin. This is the lighter shade of the Etude House's BB creams. Very pink to my eye and darker than both the Missha and Skin79 Gold BB creams. More to the shade of NW20-25 at the lightest. This seems to be a thicker cream and doesn't have a gel-like consistency at all. Covers opaquely and doesn't blend into my skin very well (maybe because of the shade?). More of a medium coverage.

Because of the color and the coverage, I didn't care for this that much. I wanted a sheerer bb cream and needed a yellow-er tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this with one of my Etude House purchases. The texture is very thick so a little goes a long way. The colour has a pinky grey cast to it upon application which makes it look quite unnatural. However, once the product settles on my skin it blends in and looks more natural, giving a soft light beige look with only a slight white cast. The coverage is very good and covers any redness or unevenness but still lets my freckles show through . I found the smell to be quite pleasant aswell. I used the new 'all day stay strong' version or whatever its called) and the lasting power is pretty good. I got slightly oily on my nose after a 2 hours but that's really the only place. Lasted all day/night until I washed it off. I do like this BB cream and may go and purchase the full size soon!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by thupham2

This brought about a very unnatural white cast to my face and was quite drying - there was no dewy finish obviously. Paradoxically, this was also bad at controlling oil.

I was not a fan of the slightly grainy feeling I got whenever I applied this (>XP yuck!) and didn't like at how runny it was on my skin (maybe that was why oil control was so bad?)

On the plus side, this has ok to good coverage (but then again, if a product is so 'white', how can it not?) and lasted half a day on me which is a big achievement as I don't know of many BB creams that can achieve that feit.

As:
    - the oil control was below average,
    - the feeling of this BB cream was a bit iffy, runny, yucky
    - the whiteness was very unnatural,
    I don't recommmend.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by butterbelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have this in #2 Sheer Glowing Skin under the new "All Day Strong" formula so I'm not sure how this compares to #1 Sheer Silky Skin formula. #2 definitely has a dewy finish and is great for those with normal to dry skin. It has great lasting power and it blends well. However, the grey/pink in this BB cream's shade is really off-putting and is actually a dealbreaker for me. For me, a base makeup item must be a perfect colour match before anything else. I don't think this shade is flattering on anyone's skin tone so I wouldn't recommend this BB cream. But because of its other merits, I am giving it 3 lippies.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by aasdasd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product made me break out after using it for few weeks. Along with this BB cream I also purchased their Happy Tea Time Peach facial wash, AC Clinic pink powder spot, Auto pencil eye liner (black and gray) and their green sleeping pack. And all those (except for the liner) made my face so damaged :'( to think I spent so much on their product coz I was so excited using them for the first time... For me only their packaging are good. But I will repurchase their eye liner (only) I don't think there could possibly any way to damage my eye now right? -_- I just purchased The Face Shop Face It HD Perfect BB cream as replacement

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2011 5:38:00 AM More reviews by crapstick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this at the etude house in my country and it is quite expensive. The coverage is good and it really brightens up my face. However, it breaks me out really really badly a week after I started using it. I've threw the unfinished the tube away and swear off all the etude house bb cream.