September 2, 2014 | 1462 users online

Lip Treatments - Philosophy - Kiss Me lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2006 1:08:00 PM More reviews by katrynanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought some to give out as gifts - and I opened one. Maybe I got a defective batch - but I thought they smelled horrible. Like gasoline and hay or something. Ugh. I ended up returning all of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2006 2:59:00 AM More reviews by nhwrites

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for years and have a number of tubes lying around. I've purchased alot of Philosophy packages, especially from QVC and this came with many of them. It has a vaseline like consistency and protects the lips well. It's good to use at night. The red tinted one is nice for days if you don't want to use a gloss or lipstick. It gives your lips that glossy look and offers good protection. It doesn't contain and SPF though so if you are out in the sun at the beach or skiing, you should pickup something with an spf wo wear with it. The pink tinted one has a peppermint flavor to it and they also offer one that has a sugar cookie taste (I didn't care for that one).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2006 7:46:00 PM More reviews by evilkim

i bought this before checkout at sephora, im always in need for lip balms and trying out new ones. my lips are so dry that it used to crack and bleed in the winter, and once i started caring about my skin and body i did everything i could to stop that from happening. the lip balm has a citrus-y smell to it, while its clear (well in the tube its yellow), it feels sort of waxy on lips. i dont mind waxy-feeling lip balms as long as they work, and this one works fine on me. the sad thing is it disappeared ): i can imagine that i lent this to someone and forgot to ask for it back.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2006 11:56:00 PM More reviews by patty981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lip balm I use it all the time!! I always have 2 tubes one in clear to use at night and one in Kiss Me Pink to use during the day. It keeps my lips soft and smooth. Also once a week I put on the clear and use a soft old toothbrush to exfoliate my lips and using this combination my lips are soft and flake free!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2006 12:55:00 AM More reviews by ourjuliet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am absolutely shocked, shocked, shocked that my Holy Grail lipbalm doesn't score higher here! I've used this balm for 4 years now, and I am never found without a pot in my purse and on my vanity at home. This is the ONLY balm I have ever found that truly moisturizes my lips. The rest just seem to give some very temporary moisture...while this one lasts all day (or night) long. The true test came on a family vacation to Colorado from Texas. I'm used to our high humidity, but I didn't bring my Kiss Me because I didn't want it to melt on the airplane. I paid for it. The lack of moisture in the Colorado mountain air wreaked havoc on my lips. I ended up buying 3 different balms while we were there, and they all sucked. The first thing I did when we got home was slather my lips in my Kiss Me. I sense no smell...am not looking for color (even the red pot delivers very little color)...don't need a mediciney, menthol effect (there isn't one)...I just want moisture, and this delivers it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2006 2:40:00 PM More reviews by fphoenix2k

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Don't like the smell, texture wise it's FAR too gloopy. Steer away from this!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2006 1:05:00 AM More reviews by melloly

i would repurchase just for the novelty factor - i think the "kiss me" on the tube is just really cute. moisturises enough...smells terrible though. there are better things out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2005 10:55:00 PM More reviews by flyingblupigs

Yes, this product does work, but I can't stand the smell. It gets into your mouth and makes me gag. Oh, well.. at least it works!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2005 7:40:00 PM More reviews by mpickens

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It was hard to squeeze out of the tube and is way too thick. I got the red, in a tube. It is very sheer, adds almost no color. I just don't like the way it feels on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2005 10:31:00 PM More reviews by astanton

This is not my HG lip balm, but it's very nice stuff. It's not sticky (unlike a similar product made by Maybeline--yuck!), but it does feel a bit gloppy when first applied. It made my lips soft and smooth and added a nice hint of color to them. I purchased "sheer berry." After an hour or so, I felt like I needed to apply more. This, coupled with the thick consistency means I'm going to go through it rather quickly.