October 1, 2014 | 1338 users online

Eye Shadow - Coastal Scents - 88 color matte palette

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by orangebloom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this thing. I didn't buy it thinking it would be MAC or Nars quality; I purchased it so I could try different looks and work with colors I'd never thought to purchase before. I adore it. I've already come across some colors I haven't seen anywhere else and the looks you can come up with are almost endless. Plus it's very inexpensive and is pretty portable. I will purchase another in addition to the shimmer palette. It's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 10:18:00 AM More reviews by circuit00

I ordered this on a friday, and exactley one week later it arrived, which is incredibly fast, seeing as I used the cheapest shipping option and I live in eastern Canada. I opened it, and it was like christmas had come early. Most of the colors are so bright, amazing shadows. Some arent very pigmented, but would still be great for low-key looks. It came very well protected, in perfect condition. All together I payed about 26$ CAD for this item and shipping, and it was worth it and so much more. You could spend that much on just one eyeshadow, but these 88 shadows are hopefully going to last me a long time. I use the blues, green and red the most, I use the brightest shadows on a daily basis. Completely worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great colors, superior quality...compares with MAC, Urban Decay....vibrant, just overall a nice value for your dollar especially if your just starting out!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2010 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Sianreya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this palette from the Coastal Scents website, I wish I hadn't now because the postage was seriously ridiculous.

I really enjoy the palette, there are a pretty good range of colours, most with amazing pigmentation. For someone like me who is just starting out with makeup and experimenting with looks it is amazing. None of the colours are particularly beautiful, but I know that if I find a colour I enjoy I can then go out and buy one of better quality.

The pots are really small, the entire palette is so much smaller than it looks in photo's or on you-tube video's. But the smallest amount of colour really does go a long way with minimal fallout.

I get a little freaked out by the horrible ingredients and always make sure that I am wearing a tonne of primer or that my paintpot is covering every inch of my lid in order to minimise shadow to skin contact.

I think I am impressed overall, I got what a paid for. Its not really a crazy cheap deal, it's a pretty reasonable price for the quality.

The packaging gets one lippy though, the actual palette is flimsy at best.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by M1RACLE

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the 88 palette on ebay and I really do enjoy this palette. The pigmentation is rather good and I haven't had an issue with blending. With the brighter colours, you would need a primer and layer a couple more layers of colour for it to show but even without a primer on the lids, the colours come off sheer but you can still see the greens, purples. Of course, this works for me when you want that pop of colour. However, I use the Too Faced Shadow Insurance just so that the colour lasts and is more vibrant. (I was just testing it without an eye primer on the lids) I'm a beginner with make-up and it's great for that purpose :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Koumiko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In all honestly, the main thing that caught my eye with this palette was how cheap it was. I got it for about $27 CAD for 88 colors, while if you go to a drugstore, 3 colors is about $7 CAD. Who can resist that?

Surprisingly, the color translates well onto my skin tone, and they are bright, and are quite hard to wash off actually. I'm not a regular eye-shadow wearer, but I'm glad I bought this, and I would recommend this to anyone who likes to play with colors in their make up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by xstephislegend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great product to buy if you're a beginner in make up and you're looking to experiment with different colors without breaking the bank. You get about a dime sized amount of each color which in my opinion is good because you're probably not gonna use the very pigmented ones that much anyway. I got both this one and the shimmer palette and if I had to choose only one, I would get this one. It has a lot of great highlight colors and very bright, pigmented colors that you can use without looking like a disco ball. Definitely recommend this to any girl who loves putting on eyeshadow and playing with color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by kjmsmm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you are looking for an all inclusive and inexpensive way to get your hands on LOTS of eyeshadow colors this is for you! I think this pallet it great and I do think the eyeshadows are quality...but not MAC quality as many people claim. They don't blend as well or stay put as long. But...they are good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Khristi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, love this palette. I use it everydays, and can create endless looks with it. It saves me tons of money, because everytime MAC comes out with a new collection, there is always somethings similar, but not exact though in this palette already. The packaging is not so great, but other things makeup for it. The pigmentation is great, the color selection is great, and the price can't be beat. I got mine for an unbelievable... are you ready... $1. Yeah, but shipping was $8 something, so it total $10 US dollars. I got it off ebay, and shipping was only one week, so the wait was not bad at all. Everytime I wear the colors, people think its MAC and ask me all the time. So, I had to order 2 for my girlfriends. I would highly recommend this product, price can't be beat, and for those that love to experiment with different look, this is the palette to own.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Mary4MU

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Awesome palette! There's really no need to buy any other shadows (apart from yellow maybe) since this palette has everything.
Would definitely repurchase but it'll be a while 'til I hit pan in this palette. :)