October 22, 2014 | 883 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by KatCaffeine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really really like this palette! I never got a chance to try the first one (anyone want to trade me for a NARS Wild at Heart Palette? lol).

I have never tried a look with this that I didn't like, all the colors go well together. There are great browns and grays that bring out blue eyes really well.

I hadn't tried the 24/7 pencils before, but I LOVE the texture. The primer, I gave away to a friend because I already have SO much of it lol. But of course, it's marvelous stuff (as if everyone doesn't know about UDPP by now.)

The quality of the shadows is great, the best I've tried so far, and I've tried a lot of high and low end shadows with different textures, some of which I really loved at both ends.

The packaging is cute but not practical, so I gave it a low rating. I thought the price was actually quite low for the amount of shadow that you get, especially with the pencils and primer. The "look book" is a total meaningless useless waste of space, which is kind of irritating. Oh well, that's hardly what I bought it for!

Can't WAIT for the Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows! I'm seriously fiending for it! lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing set of products right here. I got it during the Sephora F&F sale and I have never been so content with a purchase. As with all UD shadows, the consistency is sooo creamy and smooth and they go on and blend so well. I love Sellout and AC/DC and Half Baked and Mushroom. Loves. Plus two liners and a travel friendly bottle of UDPP? Win. I love UD so much for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 6:53:00 PM More reviews by iicassie

I also got this palette from my boyfriend as a Christmas present, and I love it! I personally am an eyeshadow junkie and I love that this palette contains a variety of colors. Unlike some of the other palettes, this one has colors that are wearable. The only color I did not like is also the Midnight Cowboy Rides Again; it really is chunky glitter. There are some shimmery neutral colors in this palette that can be used everyday. My favorite color is ecstasy, which is this really pretty purple. It's not a color that you can wear everyday, unless you use it subtly, but it's really beautiful.

It can be a little difficult to pull out the part that contains the eyeshadow, but I heard it's improved from the Book of Shadows Vol. 1, so that's good. I do not really use the mirror because I have my own that I can bring up close to my face.

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who loves makeup. It may seem a little expensive, but you know that you're going to use it then it is totally worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by kimmiem231

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

love it my boyfriend got me this for christmas its a little pricy but your getting 16 gorgeous shadows 2 eye pencils in zero and bourbon and a baby sized primer potion witch is a generous sample size the packaging is adorably it has like peacock and this big mirror it also comes with this little book that has different looks in and a little story about the creator of urban decay which is adorable i love this the colors are all gorgeous thery're all heaily shimmery so if your not into that this isn't for you my favorite color is probably acdc its very unique i don't think i have amother color like it its like a purple gunmetal kinda color i'm going to say there is one shadow that i'm disapointed in which is minight cowboy rides again it looks gorgeous but it has this really chunky glitter in it when i put it on it just looks like glitter and gives me insane fallout but the rest are gorgeous soft and highly pigmented

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by idrathrbtanning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had this palette for about two weeks and I have been using it everyday since. This is the best eyeshadow palette I've ever owned! I am actually excited to put my makeup on everyday. All of the colors are unbelievably gorgeous and blend easily.

Packaging- I love how it looks on the outside..it's white with purple foiled UD logo, but I was not thrilled with the actual design of the palette. Instead of opening the top to get to the eyeshadows, you have to tug on this little ribbon square and pull out a drawer with all of the shadows inside. It wouldn't be such a pain if the drawer didn't stick almost every time I pull it out. I wish they had designed it without that drawer and instead just had the top open. :/

However it's a small price to pay for what's inside! Instead of two so-so quality brushes like last year, we get 2 deluxe sizes of the 24/7 eyeliners in Zero (black) and Bourbon (dark brown with slight gold shimmer) and a deluxe size UDPP!

Eyeshadows
    Perversion- a matte black..not the most pigmented black
    Gunmetal- gorgeous dark silvery gunmetal shade w/ silver glitter
    Ecstasy- pretty medium purple w/ a slight pink sheen
    *AC/DC- dark cool purple w/ a silvery sheen (beautiful!!)
    *Nylon- dark golden beige w/ gold glitter
    Sellout- metallic frosted champagne
    *Mushroom- dark shimmering taupe
    *Sphynx- pink with rainbow microglitter
    Half Baked- metallic golden bronze
    Twice Baked- dark brown w/ gold glitter
    Midnight Cowboy Rides Again- sparkling pink champagne with tons of silver and gold glitter
    YDK- metallic medium brown
    *Jinx- a beautiful bright metallic blue (one of my fave UD shades ever!)
    Flipside- metallic blue/green shimmer
    *Homegrown- bright metallic golden green
    *Misdemeanor- dark gray/green w/ amazing teal shimmer

*-limited edition shades only available in UD BOS2!

The colors are all so pretty, very pigmented and last forever on my eyelids without creasing! The shadows blend very well, and the possibilities to mix and match are endless. From neutrals for day, dark smoky eyes for night, bright colorful looks and everything in between is possible with the Book of Shadows Vol II.

Every single color is gorgeous, unique, and very wearble--no ''filler'' colors! Even the notorious glitter monster Midnight Cowboy Rides Again can be made wearable..try patting it on with your finger instead of using a brush, as some reviewers have suggested, or I like to brush some along my collarbone and shoulders then blend it out for a sparkly night out look.

Overall, I think this palette is a must-have for an UD fan and pretty much a fan of eyeshadow in general! There really is something for everyone in here, and if you're not afraid of a little color, you will absolutely love this! I would buy it again and again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 6:38:00 AM More reviews by danai

If you love playing with eyeshadow this will be heaven for you. I personally don't, but it's so good it's heaven for me too. It's really adorable and worth more than it will cost you.
    First of all these are hands down the best eyeshadows I ever owned; awesome quality, packed with pigment, buttery soft and perfectly blendable. The shade selection is also excellent; some neutrals, some dark smokeys and some outrageous brights. I don't think there's really a look you can't create with this palette.
    You also get two amazing eyeliners, that glide on like a dream. The black one I haven't really tried yet, but the brown one is exactly my shade; bronzey, with very subtle glitter. It'll be probably the first item from this palette I'll run out of. And last but not least you get a small UDPP, which is otherwise unavailable in my country. I'm already a hardcore TFSI fan, but it's great that I get to try a product the whole world but me has used before.
    Another plus is the whole packaging idea for me; I understand that it's not the most practical box invented, however I got this rather as a toy than an everyday staple, so I appreciate the whole big, fancy production with the trays, secret compartments and all. Makes me feel like a kid.
    All in all, this is a fantastic treat and an ideal Christmas present to self. I think pretty much anyone even remotely interested in makeup will enjoy this a lot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by vwzen81

I am in love with this palette and have used it almost every single day since I got it. I got this palette when it first came out and it never gets old because there are so many different looks you can create with it. The quality of the shadows is amazing; highly pigmented, last all day and they blend beautifully. Yes, it may seem expensive at first but when you figure out that you're paying like $3 per shadow, it's a great deal for the quality you're getting. Plus, these aren't little tiny samplings of shadows, these are good size shadows and they will last a very long time. Get it, you won't regret it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by kimberb04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My sister bought this book of shadow's for herself and now I plan to buy one for myself since im using hers so much. The colors are amazing quality and even though the price is a bit steep it's worth it! I can't wait to get my own.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by christina001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was my first make up palette, and the reason I got on a crazy cosmetics shopping spree in the past 2 months. Saw it on youtube first, fell in love and got it from ebay (a bit cheaper than through Sephora).

I love the intensity of the colours - I am a sucker for greens, teals, purples, bronzes, browns. My heart jumps when I try the greens, browns and neutrals from this pallette!
    My favorite shade is (of course) one exclusive to this pallette, Nylon, a silvery neutral beige.
    I am using Perversion (black) for my brows for evening looks.

You can make amazing neutral day looks with Nylon, Sellout, Twice Baked, YDK (neutral smokey look), and the most stunning evening looks with the bronzes, gold glitter, and intense colours (2 purples, one amazing blue and green, one teal). I love the glitter in Midnight Cowboy, and fallout on me wasn't horrible.

A great palette. Hell, an OUTSTANDING palette. Get it while you can!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by rosietse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would re-purchase if I ever needed to, but I don't think I will. This palette is the best palette I've ever had. The colors are fabulous and the texture is so smooth and blendable. The only color I can't see myself using is "midnight cowboy rides again" because it's texture is much more glittery than the rest. But the rest of the colors justify buying this palette. I also think it's great that UD included mini eyeliners instead of brushes, like some past palettes.