September 2, 2014 | 1045 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Curel - Itch Defense Skin Balancing Moisture Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by LeLe21

This lotion is god send for my sensitive eczema prone skin. I have tried so many products both prescription and OTC and if they did work, the results were minimal and short lived. Prior to trying Itch Relief I had been using Curel's Continuous Comfort fragrance free, which did an excellent job of hydrating, but did little for those eczema flare ups. When I saw Itch relief I immediately purchased it, because I have great faith in Curel products and also it had the Eczema Foundation seal of approval. I started using the product that day, I was having a particularly bad flare up, and I was amazed at how my skin felt instantly soothed! The lotion is rich but not at all heavy feeling. It absorbed very nicely and truly does relieve irritation and itching. 24 hours after applying my skin still felt amazing and my eczema patches already looked better. I apply the lotion right after showering in the morning...occasionally I may also apply at night....especially if the weather is cold (major trigger for me). With in a week my skin was completely clear and smooth...my husband could not get over how soft and beautiful my back looked! Normally with this weather I would have to use a steroid to help clear up.....this lotion is truly a miracle! I have been using consistently for 2 months and I have not had one flare up...my skin has never looked better! I would encourage anyone to try this lotion...definitely a lifetime HG product for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by ontpurchasing

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best body lotion I have used in the past two years to control my daughter's eczema in comparison to the $15 French made baby lotion. For the cost of under $8, definitely worth to give it a try. I have since started to use it as an after shower body lotion and love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by henwen88

Could this actually be the most moisturizing lotion I have ever used? I received a sample of this product in the mail by request and decided to use it after I shaved my legs cause my legs are always itchy then. Upon contact it soothed and moisturized my legs and soaked into my skin well. The entire next day my legs STILL felt just as moisturized as they did when I first applied it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by gerlygerl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lotion leaves me speechless. In all the years of trying hundreds of cheap and expensive over the counter and prescription creams for my body eczema, I've never found anything quite like this. It's amazing! I used prescription steroid creams on my elbow eczema for six months with no results, but took a chance on this lotion when I found a coupon.

It's thicker than other Curel lotions (I also love the sensitive skin version, but Itch Defense is ace for eczema), fragrance-free and absorbs surprisingly quickly. I can feel a light layer on my skin afterward, but not enough to be sticky or tacky. It's relatively inexpensive (~$6), easily found at pharmacies and stores like Target, and moisturizes like nothing I've ever seen. I'll definitely repurchase - by the case, if that's possible!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by gauppjd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently came down with my first and very bad case of eczema. I researched online and tried the cooler shower, humidifier, lotion/oil tactic without much help. I saw this lotion advertised in a magazine and thought maybe another brand of lotion (I was using Eucerin Cream) would be the answer. To my surprised it was! My skin is now so smooth the eczema has gotten much better and now when I get a spot it clears up that much quicker. The pump is so much nicer than the tube I was using before. The softness lasts all day until I apply again. I will DEFINITELY be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Rachel137

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't have eczema (knock on wood), but I do have very sensitive skin that gets dry and itchy. I'm not sure if my itchy skin is related to underlying dryness or to my many environmental allergies (even though I take Claritin every single day). The consistency of the lotion is medium (not lightweight but not very thick either), the scent is a mild, slightly oatmeal-ish one which I don't care for, and I find it to be a tad sticky. But the point is, this lotion didn't help at all with my itchy skin. Case closed.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by jn37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this lotion. I have problems with dry itchy skin and winter. I've been using this for a week, and my legs and arms are so soft - this really works. It moisturizes better than any body lotion I've ever tried. I don't know what's in it that makes it work so well, but this stuff is the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by sparklingemz104

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

like the other posters, i have excema, and this is one of the best non steroid lotion/creams that you can use. i absolutely love it, and when i finish up (which may be soon since i slather it on all the time!) im def getting another bottle. a MUST for excema sufferers, or even for those with dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by ak0703

For the past year or so I've had bouts with eczema and KP. I tried AmLactin, but that only seemed to aggravate my skin further. I just saw this advertised in a magazine and since it's recommended by the National Eczema Assoc. I figured give it a shot. So far, I'm really impressed it keeps my skin smooth all day...and it's not greasy. This seems to be doing the trick. I'm very glad to have found this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used everything for my son's ezcema. Most recently I was using Aveeno Advanced Care Moisturizing Cream...which I thought was great. Until I saw that my fave moisturizing lotion brand of all time, Curel, had come out with Curel Itch Defense Skin Balancing Moisture Lotion. The Itch Defense applys so smooth, absorbs so quickly and nicely and never irritates my son's skin. Also the Curel Itch Defense comes in a pump instead of a squeeze tube. The pump is way easier to handle when you are trying to lotion up a slippery 5 year old! Sometimes he would complain about the Aveeno bothering his "hot spots". But the Curel just feels nice and soothes the itch. I have to finish up the extra Aveeno I bought, but I can not wait to move on to Curel Itch Defense for winter. If you have bothersome skin, get Curel Itch Defense (especially for winter).