Curel Itch Defense Skin Balancing Moisture Lotion

4.6

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Tapioca Starch, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG/PPG 17/6 Copolymer, Behentrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Cetyl PG Hydroxyethyl Palmitamide, Bis Methoxyproplamido Isodocosane, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution.

on 4/20/2010 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I hate using lotion. Im pretty sure this is why I get really itchy skin. I love this lotion. Its pretty much scent free and it leaves your skin really really soft. I am always itchy from my legs and hands and i was starting to think i was allergic to something but i bought this and now I really dont itch. I dont like thats its like almost 10 dollars but thats just about as much as a VS lotion cost and it does not have many moisturizing benefits and dsnt help itchy skin.

on 4/17/2010 9:48:00 AM

I'm using my second 25 oz bottle, and will continue using it.

I have atopic dermatitis/eczema type of skin and sometimes folliculitis on my legs. I have itchy red bumps, inflammation, flaky skin, all sorts of problems on my legs, I would scratch it so much to a bleeding level, and the skin on my legs feel like burned in dry winter. This is not only uncomfortable but also it leaves many scars.

I have tried many, many lotions, and I have seen many, many dermatologists for it, but nothing works as well as this Curel lotion. Most of the lotions leave a greasy, oily film on top of my flaky dry skin without penetrating and moisturizing, and the same time further irritate my itchy inflaming skin.

This is the only lotion that solves all the problems. I have seen the result after using it the very first time and I have continued seeing the results ever since. It hydrates and makes the skin of my legs supple, yes, supple ! It stops all sorts of itch, irritations and inflammations. It balances and absorbed fast, leaves absolutely no greasy feeling. It lasts in between showers. It heals my old scars, slowly, but definitely.
It has a white, light-weight, slightly-whipped type of texture, no smell, probably a hint of oatmeal-ish, like another reviewer has stated it, but it totally doesn't bother my very sensitive nose (and skin of my legs).

This is by far the only body lotion I rave about, and the only body lotion I'm buying the second big bottle of it. I hope this will always work and they won't continue the product.

on 3/20/2010 11:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If anyone here lives in Alberta, (particularly Calgary) you know how brutally dry it gets here in winter. This lotion was MADE for soothing your dry, flaky, itchy skin. I have recommended this to so many people so far, it works wonders. It makes my skin soft, moisturized, smooth for a whole 24 hours. It finally made me stop scratching my dry legs. It's the perfect lotion- unscented, fairly cheap and it WORKS.

on 2/19/2010 5:15:00 PM

This lotion is god send for my sensitive eczema prone skin. I have tried so many products both prescription and OTC and if they did work, the results were minimal and short lived. Prior to trying Itch Relief I had been using Curel's Continuous Comfort fragrance free, which did an excellent job of hydrating, but did little for those eczema flare ups. When I saw Itch relief I immediately purchased it, because I have great faith in Curel products and also it had the Eczema Foundation seal of approval. I started using the product that day, I was having a particularly bad flare up, and I was amazed at how my skin felt instantly soothed! The lotion is rich but not at all heavy feeling. It absorbed very nicely and truly does relieve irritation and itching. 24 hours after applying my skin still felt amazing and my eczema patches already looked better. I apply the lotion right after showering in the morning...occasionally I may also apply at night....especially if the weather is cold (major trigger for me). With in a week my skin was completely clear and smooth...my husband could not get over how soft and beautiful my back looked! Normally with this weather I would have to use a steroid to help clear up.....this lotion is truly a miracle! I have been using consistently for 2 months and I have not had one flare up...my skin has never looked better! I would encourage anyone to try this lotion...definitely a lifetime HG product for me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the best body lotion I have used in the past two years to control my daughter's eczema in comparison to the $15 French made baby lotion. For the cost of under $8, definitely worth to give it a try. I have since started to use it as an after shower body lotion and love it.

on 1/21/2010 1:04:00 AM

Could this actually be the most moisturizing lotion I have ever used? I received a sample of this product in the mail by request and decided to use it after I shaved my legs cause my legs are always itchy then. Upon contact it soothed and moisturized my legs and soaked into my skin well. The entire next day my legs STILL felt just as moisturized as they did when I first applied it.

on 1/20/2010 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This lotion leaves me speechless. In all the years of trying hundreds of cheap and expensive over the counter and prescription creams for my body eczema, I've never found anything quite like this. It's amazing! I used prescription steroid creams on my elbow eczema for six months with no results, but took a chance on this lotion when I found a coupon.

It's thicker than other Curel lotions (I also love the sensitive skin version, but Itch Defense is ace for eczema), fragrance-free and absorbs surprisingly quickly. I can feel a light layer on my skin afterward, but not enough to be sticky or tacky. It's relatively inexpensive (~$6), easily found at pharmacies and stores like Target, and moisturizes like nothing I've ever seen. I'll definitely repurchase - by the case, if that's possible!

on 1/10/2010 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Cool

I recently came down with my first and very bad case of eczema. I researched online and tried the cooler shower, humidifier, lotion/oil tactic without much help. I saw this lotion advertised in a magazine and thought maybe another brand of lotion (I was using Eucerin Cream) would be the answer. To my surprised it was! My skin is now so smooth the eczema has gotten much better and now when I get a spot it clears up that much quicker. The pump is so much nicer than the tube I was using before. The softness lasts all day until I apply again. I will DEFINITELY be buying again.

on 1/9/2010 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I don't have eczema (knock on wood), but I do have very sensitive skin that gets dry and itchy. I'm not sure if my itchy skin is related to underlying dryness or to my many environmental allergies (even though I take Claritin every single day). The consistency of the lotion is medium (not lightweight but not very thick either), the scent is a mild, slightly oatmeal-ish one which I don't care for, and I find it to be a tad sticky. But the point is, this lotion didn't help at all with my itchy skin. Case closed.

on 10/31/2009 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this lotion. I have problems with dry itchy skin and winter. I've been using this for a week, and my legs and arms are so soft - this really works. It moisturizes better than any body lotion I've ever tried. I don't know what's in it that makes it work so well, but this stuff is the best!