Maybelline Color Sensational - Totally Toffee

4.3

on 7/31/2010 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

OMG OMG OMG, I love this color soo much! It's my everyday color and a great nudish/neutral for my skin. It's practically the same color as my pigmented lips but it has a tan/nude effect to it. I recommend this for if you are around an NC 37, great nude!

on 6/1/2010 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this lipstick on me! I was a little nervouse when I bought it because I was afraid that it was going to look to pink on me as I have very pigmented lips, but it looked great! It's a very nude brownish pink that matched my lips perfectly and I am dark skinned. This lipstick would probably do well with almost any skin tone. The texture is alright when I don't put anything on underneath, but with some lip butter, it truly is phenomenal! I definitely recommend this lipstick, I can't wait to try some of the other nude shades.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

SO MUCH LOVE for this lipstick right here - one of the few that I can see myself repurchasing long into the future. This is *THE* MLBB lipstick for me. Since I have very pigmented lips (a deep rosy-red-mauve color, depending on the day, lol), it's really hard for me to find MLBB lippies that I like, because either the color or the depth is usually off - a lipstick that's pigmented and deep enough to be MLBB on my lips is usually also too red or too mauve for my liking, but this one is PERFECT. It's basically everything I wanted MAC VGV to be, but wasn't - MLBB color, creamy finish, goes on evenly, nice texture.

Anyway, on to the details! On me, this is a lovely neutral pink with just enough of a caramel-brown undertone to make it not an out-and-out PINK LIPSTICK. I can see this flattering a wide range of skintones, from fair to deep (I'm NC20, as a side note). It's about the same depth or darkness-wise as my lips, if that makes any sense, but it kind of neutralizes the red and mauve in them and shows up as this nice pinky-slightly-beigy color. The texture is REALLY nice - it's creamy but not overly "slick" so that it settles into fine lines in your lips, like I find some other creamy lipsticks (i.e. NYX Round Lipsticks) to be/do. The lipstick in the tube looks like it has shimmer, but there's no shimmer at all once on my lips, just a nice cream finish. It's actually a bit flatter than I like - not matte, but there's very little shine, and I do like a lustrous, almost-but-not-quite-glossy finish to my lips, so I dab a TINY bit of clear lipgloss on top just for that sheen. OMG writing this review is making me want to go put it on right now haha. The lipstick has a definite scent, sort of an artificial pseudo-vanilla scent, but it fades from my lips pretty quickly and doesn't bother me at all (and I'm pretty sensitive to scents). I actually quite like the packaging - the squared-off tube feels solid in my hand and there's a nice click when you close it. (I love it when lipsticks click shut, LOL.) Anyway, seriously, just buy this lipstick. You won't regret it, and you can probably get it BOGO too! I actually picked this one on a complete whim when Maybelline was BOGO50 at Rite Aid - I went in wanting to get Caramel Kiss and randomly grabbed Totally Toffee when I noticed the BOGO, but TT is sooooooo much prettier, haha.

on 4/14/2010 7:32:00 PM

Gosh, this lipstick has got to be my favorite shade in the entire line! Basically, it's a warm tone neutral color with pink undertones, mlbb for me. If you look close at the lipstick, you can tell that there are tiny silver shimmer in it, BUT when you apply it to your lips, the shimmer does not show at all. I think the purpose of the shimmer is to add a glow to your lips, but since i love cream colored lipsticks and this fits in that category, i love it.
I know some people find these lipsticks to smell disgusting, but i personally like the scent. It's a light vanilla/marshmallow smell.
Overall, it's an everyday shade that goes with anything. For me, it's like a pink nude color (i'm nc 30-35)

on 2/26/2010 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I wanted to try a nude lip for a change. This is nude pink on me, lighter than my natural lip color. It is really too pale for me, however with a little berry colored gloss on top it's lovely.

I wouldn't buy again, I don't care for something quite this nude.

on 2/16/2010 3:00:00 AM

This is one of my favorite colors from this line. Overall, the texture is creamy. I am a mac NC37 & this is a beautiful everyday nude for me. It reminds me of mac freckletone, but I wouldn't say that it is a dupe for it. Wait for these lipsticks to go on bogo. I got mine at walgreens for 40% (~$4), which is cheaper than target or walmart.

on 1/30/2010 2:26:00 AM

I've got a few color sensational lipstick and this is one of the few which i got online since this is not available in my country, although they do come out another one which i think is quite the same in Australia but not the same as the US/Euro range. I haven't got that so i don't think i will compare that but then i like this one. This is the everyday, netural pink on me, i don't see any peach or brown on me. Though it seem on the lipstick. Very happy with this. When i applied a slightly loud blusher color, this is the one i reach for and even if i don't, i think this compliment me well. It's cheap as i often got it during the BOGO and it's moisturizing enough that i don't have to apply lip balm under it. Would definitely repurchased. Updated: Been using this everyday for work. I think it is good enough to add a little color on my face but not that bright for work. I just love this netural pinky nude with slight brown actually i am not very good in describing color and they tend to change on me anyway so i love this enough to want to purchase 2 and i'm hoping for a BOGO too. So up another lippies. I don't think i will get sick and tired of this color yet but until i do, this still remains my favourite, very easy to apply without worrying that too much color or seen as too bright and have to blot it off on my lip for work

on 1/30/2010 2:11:00 AM

Totally Toffee is a very pretty neutral shade ~ it's a nice, subtle, nude with the right amount of peachy brown on me. It's very similar to Maybelline, Moisture Extreme in Nude Blush without the gloss and shine. Now that Nude Blush has been discontinued, I will be buying Totally Toffee again...

on 1/10/2010 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this shade. It's very easy to pick up and wear everyday. On me it's not too brown or peach. More of a nude pink with a touch of neutral brown. It's pretty, but a warm shaded neutral.
Update: So far this is the only one of this lipsticks I own that hasn't gone rancid. I barely use them, and even if you own a new never been touched tube, it will go bad after a few months.

on 1/6/2010 10:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is a pretty medium peachy nude. Wish it was a little lighter and it would be a great everyday nude for me! As usual, the packaging and texture are both great from the Color Sensational line.

Recommended for Medium Skin