April 21, 2014 | 1353 users online

Fragrances - Givenchy - Ange ou Demon Le Secret

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by kittenmitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh god I love this perfume. This is the first perfume that I'm completely in love with because it smells amazing, it doesn't give me a headache, and it isn't overpowering. I'm pretty picky when it comes to scents. I wont describe the scent since everyone already has. Only downsides are the price and that the scent doesn't last very long.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just bought this after using up two samples. It's light, slightly sweet without being at all cloying, a bit fruity, and a bit floral. At first spray, I smell lemon, cranberry, and a bit of jasmine. On the drydown, it smells mostly of green tea, and reminds of Avon's Toccara of the 80s. Very refreshing for summer. Not offensive to anyone at all -- people would probably think you've just used a very nice smelling shampoo. I'm normally a vanilla-based girl, but this drydown is more like soft-musk. Bliss Lemon + Sage body lotion works well with this. The bottle is pretty for the most part, but I don't like the silver starburst or the black writing -- it looks cheap and "evil" to me and initially stopped me from trying in the store until the salesperson came up and sampled it on me (that's why I'm taking off one lippie). Also, I'm not usually a fan of Givenchy scents -- they tend to be too strong and too floral for me, but this is nice, light, and slightly sweet.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

Ange ou Demon is like two differet scents on my skin. A soft, fluffy, creamy base that reminds me of Nivea cream and sheer, bright, spiky, -dare I say synthetic- flowers that show their metallic heads from time to time in undeniable wafts. It is a light fragrance but actually has good sillage. I would give it a 3 with the right chemistry and a 2 with mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Alicen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am absolutely in LOVE with this perfume! There is nothing like this out there. I sampled it while searching for perfume as a present for my mum and this stuck with me since (for me) and two weeks later I had to make that purchase!

It has an elegant and light fresh smell with hints of citrus, an intoxicating fragrance with white flowers, Italian winter lemon, green tea leaves, jasmine, peony, blond wood and patchouli.

The only things that I do not like about the product are the lid of the bottle as it can be a bit hard to put back on at times when you are in a hurry and the price range is rather high with $80 for a 30ml and $150 for a 100ml.

All in all, a truly beautiful fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Jamieuwf1888

I lovvvve this perfume, I have been wearing this everyday since I purchased it about 3 weeks ago. It was $51 USD at my local Ulta. This scent was so worth it though. I was with my mom at Macy's when this scent was debuting and the sales rep. had samples. I was like ehhh ok I will try this- thinking I would probably hate it because I usually just stick to what I know with scents because so many fragrances make me sneeze. I tried two samples before I had to go out and get it.

This scent does have a scent of tea to it, but I really like it, I feel like the scent is very fresh and original. The price is a 5 only because let's face it... if you are buying a designer perfume you have to be willing to lay down some money for it. I bought the smaller bottle for $51, but I feel like it was a reasonable deal because I just want to be sure that it is absolutely right for me- so far, it's a yes! I also gave packaging a 4, this is due to the way the lid is shaped- sometimes I am in a hurry and it's hard to put back on straight in a hurry. Overall, this is my new go- to fragrance. For me, it's perfect for wearing on a shopping adventure with friends- and also for a romantic dinner with someone special- which is hard to find in a perfume =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Kylie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was at the Clinique counter and I kept getting wafts of this wonderful warm scent. The SA told me she just sprayed Ange ou Demon Le Secret. She gave me some samples and I loved it right away. I loved the smell from the 1st spray, I do not get any weird note like others have said. I love the tea note in this, it smells fresh but has a lovely warm drydown. This lasts all day on me and I have been getting compliments on this everytime I wear it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love, Love, LOVE! An amazing fresh spring/summer scent. It opens a little weird. But the dry down is fabulous! It's one of those scents that makes me feel good when I wear it. At first whiff I can pick up on the green tea and peony. Then it morphs into a bright jasmine with a fruity cranberry smell. It is almost like it is always changing on me. Smells a little different with each whiff. If that makes sense. When I finish this bottle I will without a doubt purchase another one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by GPD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first Givenchy fragrance. I was first attracted to this house when I finally got around to giving Hot Couture a sniff, but something about it was a little too much for my liking. The sales associate at Sephora then directed me towards this, Ange ou Demon Le Secret. The notes are: Cranberry, Green Tea, White Peony, Sambac Jasmine, Blond Woods, White Musks. The opening is a little...strange, but overall it's a lovely crisp, fresh, clean fume. I love the opening tea note to this but it disappears by the dry down. The dry down is a lovely mellow sweet subtle floral. I find that this is well blended and put together nicely. I find that this could have potentially been very cheap and fake smelling, but it is far from that. It's a wonderful daytime/work safe fragrance that makes me feel very chic and put together.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by cabogrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this, starts out alittle strange, but dry down is glorious. I can't stp smelling my wrist. I am soo glad I got this, I believe it will be my favorite!!!! Light floral, but has a great presence. Not soft, but not really strong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not a perfume expert but I will just share my feelings - LOVE this. LOVE it. It starts out kinda weird, but a minute later, and like I said, I am not an expert, but it almost turns into a minty-ish smell that is just heavenly, then after about an hour turns into a fresh, clean floral smell, I bought this on a whim and I am so glad. I will def buy again. My only complaint is the bottle is kinda cheapy looking. It could've been more elegant-looking. I like pretty bottles, and this one missed the mark in that respect. The lid is a cheapo plastic thing. BUT -
the smell, ah, heavenly.