Illamasqua Powder Blusher - Lover

4.6

Talc, Dimethylimidazolidinone Rice Starch, Mica, Aqua, Magnseium Myristate, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Mystirate, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-150, Silica, Ricinus Communis Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Quaternium-26, Methylparaben, Glyceryl Ricinoleate, Ethylparaben, Cera Carnauba, Candelilla Cera, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Propylparaben, Cera Microcristallina, Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cetyl Alcohol, Cera Alba, Parfum [ /- Cl 77891, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499, Cl 75470, Cl 77007, Cl 12085, Cl 19140, Cl 15850, Cl 45380, Cl 77163, Cl 15985, Cl 77742, Cl 77510, Cl 16035, Cl 45410]

on 12/20/2010 7:04:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I looove this blush! I love the texture, I love the color and I love the staying power. And I love the fact that I do not have to be extra careful while applying (I always overdo my blush with those ultrasuperpigmented blushes that demand a light hand...). Lover is my new blush staple for every day, and I will certainly buy it again.

on 12/5/2010 2:33:00 AM

I love this blush! The perfect peach blush has arrived. It's so pigmented that I also use it as eye shadow. It doesn't go patchy at all when applied, even when I don;t powder my face. It compliments my pale skin perfectly and could not ask for a better product.

on 10/3/2010 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

When it comes to blushes, Illamasqua is incredible. I already have Lover, Katie, and Sin is on the way. Their offerings are quite similar to Shu Uemura's M (matte) range, which I can also highly recommend. The quality is top-notch; the product is finely-milled and glides onto your skin. If applied over foundation that hasn't been set with powder, Illamasqua's powder blushes manage to look like a cream product! And the pigmentation? Incredible... insane!

Lover is one of those purchases that I bought unseen, which is probably better because if I had seen it in real life, I'd be too scared to buy it! This blush is a statement; a gorgeous, bright peach. I have very fair skin, so I swipe my blush brush once across the pan, and what's picked up by the brush is enough for one cheek to be covered with medium intensity. For a very light look, I blow or tap the product of the brush or use a stippling / duo-fibre brush.

The result is a fresh-faced, youthful looks that can be either natural, or strong depending on how much you layer / buff it out. I think Lover works very well with a natural look (nude eye, MLBB) because it definitely is one of the items that deserve to be in the center of attention. Another aspect that I like about it is the lack of shimmer / iridescense. Whilst there are blushes that I think would benefit some shimmer (for some reason I'm not a huge fan of matte pink blushes), Lover is one of those that definitely doesn't need it. The strength of its hue is enough to illuminate the face. But if you would still want some additional glow, a little highlighter placed strategically will do the trick.

Illamasqua's Lover is probably one of the best kept secrets in makeup. If you need a peach blush, this is the one to go for because of its saturated colour, versatility and... plain beauty!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Next to Nars you can't get a better blush than this brand. Gorgeous colors, intense staying power, and a flawless finish. Best wishes, jarhanda stewart

on 9/22/2010 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This blush reminds me of nars luster blush, but its more of a true peach without tha shimmer, i cant find a good peach blush with as good of a color payoff as this one, i cant find anything that looks like it, i kno mac has sum peach blushes but they havent caught my eye as much as this lover blush has. Very good color payoff and this does make u look brighter, kim k.looks like she wears a peach blush of this color everytime i c a pic of her. Nc 32studio sculpt.

on 7/9/2010 11:03:00 PM

BEAUTIFUL MATTE PEACH! I've had this for a few months now and I swear I've worn it everyday! I can't express how much I love it. It brightens up my face, is truly matte, and wears allllllll day! If you feel the need to shimmer it up it looks amazing with a highlighter over it as well. I've barely put a dent in it, you need very little, so it'll last a long time. I will repurchase, I need a few back-ups. ;)

on 6/29/2010 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The pigmentation of this blush is insane. INSANE. This is my first Illamasqua blush and I wasn't expecting much color payoff with such a pale color as I have pale skin already but I was pleasantly surprised. Definitely easy to overdo, so be careful with application. All I need is a tap with my blush brush, and the color is picked up so easily because it's so silky. Hello, cheekbones!

The color is a gorgeous matte true peach. A little bit of pink to balance the color so it doesn't look orange. That's the only way I can describe it. Powder blushes tend to oxidize on me but this one doesn't even after a sweaty summer day.

Yes, given the price the packaging should be more sturdy but I have no problems with it. No problems opening it either... I can easily open the compact with my fingers, not my nails like a couple reviewers have mentioned. I love that Illamasqua blushes are matte, and if they're all as pigmented and wearable as Lover is, I NEED to try more...

on 6/14/2010 12:24:00 AM

HG light pale peach blush here!!! Thanks to the other reviews, I tracked this blush down. It's only carried at select Sephora stores.

The pigment is amazing in this powder, glides on like air and stays put through an entire day or night. The color payout is beautiful: very girly, light pastel peach that looks great on light or dark skin. It really adds beautiful color to the cheeks. This is one blush you really have to try on to understand what everyone's raving about. I wouldn't have picked it up based soley on seeing the color in the packaging.

Gorgeous color, quality ingredients but the packaging could be a bit less "cheap" for the price: $23. This is an HG blush!

on 6/11/2010 9:53:00 PM

This is what I wanted Ripe Peach Ombre to be! What a fantastic color..it really brightens up the face in a very natural and subtle way. This is my very first Illamasqua blush and the color just compliments my very yellow/olive skintone. I wouldn't be too concerned with how much product your brush picks up..I don't feel you can really go that overboard with application. I was not impressed with the wear time..this blush seems to wear off my cheeks in just a few hours and I don't even have oily skin on my cheeks!! Now even though the lasting power isn't all there..I'm in love with the color and the fact it's matte.

As far as the packaging goes..I'm really annoyed by it because it's not the easy to open the compact, at least not mine.

on 6/2/2010 9:42:00 PM

This color is the perfect peach shade! It is pigmented, so a little goes a long way. As with any of my pigmented blushes, I use the huge NARS brush and blend well. I don't feel clownish as could happen if you weren't careful. It's gorgeous for spring and summer.
EDIT: This shade is not matching my skin tone for winter but believe it would be better suited for someone with a tan, IMO.

Popular Blush Products