July 29, 2014 | 1896 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Studio Blush Mellow Mauve

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by eilidhpattinson

I am in love with the ELF brushes & seeing as I'd purchased the angled blusher brush, I thought I'd get a blush to use it with.
I love the packaging; so sleek and easy to travel with but the actual product itself is awful. I find it to be chalky and not pigmented at all. It looks cakey when applied to the skin and doesn't last long.
I would definitely not repurchase or recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Love this. Today was the first day I've tried it, but it's not as cool toned as you would expect for a mauve, and because of that, it's definately skin brightening for me. Fantastic quality and price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

FANTASTIC! I found a lovely mauve that doesn't make me look too goulish. Mellow Mauve - the name says it all! It's nice and mellow for a mauve and it has a few shades running in it like brown, pink and a dusty mauve. The shimmer is low key and the pimentation is nice. I ♥ ELF's blush packaging and to be honest, I've owned NARS blushes and swapped them all. I find ELF's Studio Blushes to be better and for $3.00, it's a good thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Hamstershell

Great everyday rosy pink color. Matt n very natural looking for me. I m NC25-30

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Sena007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this color!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the blush ive been looking for! I tried Berry Merry but it just wasn't right so i swapped for this one & am pleased with it. I wanted BB's Slopes blush but thats a bit out of my price range right now so this will make an excellent sub (atleast for me anyways).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my second blush from the Studio line, but didn't fulfill my expectations as Candid Coral did. This one has some reddish undertone but is very buildable so you don't end up looking trashy. I like the matte finish, compared to the frosty/golden one of CC. Believe me, I have pale skin and this one shows up just as much as you want it to. However, it does not apply evenly and leaves empty spots on my cheeks! It is also difficult to get a bold colour, since it is not very pigmented.
I love Elf studio blushes. However, this one kind of lacks the wow factor, so this is why I'm giving it 3 lippies. Overall, it's a nice blush for a great price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Too me this looks kind of more red toned than mauve or pink as others have called it, but that could just be how it looks on my skin (nc30ish). This color is probably the most "natural" looking blush color I own, the shade is probably close to what it'd look like if I blushed. I don't care for it too much, though, as I just really find that peachy blushes (which I own tons of) look the best on me. Anyway, I actually find it to be very highly pigmented, I did not have the issue of it not showing up as others seemed to have. Good quality for the price. There is a bit of fallout when you swipe a brush across it, but it doesn't bother me that much. I think this is a nice fall/winter color. I'd probably repurchase if I ever ran out (though I doubt I will).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Cahsezsaywhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Color Comparison: MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in NC43. Wear it over my MAC Refined Deep Bronzer

I love this blush! With a light hand, gives that subtle glow and cute cheeks we all strive for. Definitely worth the $3 spent on the e.l.f website. (Most things are- I just put in my 2nd order!)

Pros
-buildable color
-pretty good lasting power throughout the day
-price: $3 ...need I say more?!

Cons
-fall out in pan after dip brush in..goes all over my makeup counter. haha
-shimmery (just don't put tooo much and this is fine)

Would definitely buy again. I'm very satisfied for my first blush EVER and first blush from e.l.f

*update: 03/2011*
after using more pigmented/ higher-end blushes I've lost my love for my elf studio blushes. they're decent for the price- but id rather invest in pigmented blushes that last and dont look as chalky. changed this to "would not buy again"

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by cutiejunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is the ONLY pink blush that will look good on my medium skin tone color (still tan from summer). i'm an NC35-NC40 in the summer, and this blush compliments my skin tone SO well. it looks like i just went out for a run and got a natural blush from running. the staying power is okay for a blush thats $3, it lasts about 3 hours on me, and it was still on me after dance practice (which i sweat a storm in) and it was still noticeably there (sheer).