April 17, 2014 | 2008 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Studio Blush Mellow Mauve

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Sena007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this color!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the blush ive been looking for! I tried Berry Merry but it just wasn't right so i swapped for this one & am pleased with it. I wanted BB's Slopes blush but thats a bit out of my price range right now so this will make an excellent sub (atleast for me anyways).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my second blush from the Studio line, but didn't fulfill my expectations as Candid Coral did. This one has some reddish undertone but is very buildable so you don't end up looking trashy. I like the matte finish, compared to the frosty/golden one of CC. Believe me, I have pale skin and this one shows up just as much as you want it to. However, it does not apply evenly and leaves empty spots on my cheeks! It is also difficult to get a bold colour, since it is not very pigmented.
I love Elf studio blushes. However, this one kind of lacks the wow factor, so this is why I'm giving it 3 lippies. Overall, it's a nice blush for a great price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Too me this looks kind of more red toned than mauve or pink as others have called it, but that could just be how it looks on my skin (nc30ish). This color is probably the most "natural" looking blush color I own, the shade is probably close to what it'd look like if I blushed. I don't care for it too much, though, as I just really find that peachy blushes (which I own tons of) look the best on me. Anyway, I actually find it to be very highly pigmented, I did not have the issue of it not showing up as others seemed to have. Good quality for the price. There is a bit of fallout when you swipe a brush across it, but it doesn't bother me that much. I think this is a nice fall/winter color. I'd probably repurchase if I ever ran out (though I doubt I will).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Cahsezsaywhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Color Comparison: MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in NC43. Wear it over my MAC Refined Deep Bronzer

I love this blush! With a light hand, gives that subtle glow and cute cheeks we all strive for. Definitely worth the $3 spent on the e.l.f website. (Most things are- I just put in my 2nd order!)

Pros
-buildable color
-pretty good lasting power throughout the day
-price: $3 ...need I say more?!

Cons
-fall out in pan after dip brush in..goes all over my makeup counter. haha
-shimmery (just don't put tooo much and this is fine)

Would definitely buy again. I'm very satisfied for my first blush EVER and first blush from e.l.f

*update: 03/2011*
after using more pigmented/ higher-end blushes I've lost my love for my elf studio blushes. they're decent for the price- but id rather invest in pigmented blushes that last and dont look as chalky. changed this to "would not buy again"

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by cutiejunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is the ONLY pink blush that will look good on my medium skin tone color (still tan from summer). i'm an NC35-NC40 in the summer, and this blush compliments my skin tone SO well. it looks like i just went out for a run and got a natural blush from running. the staying power is okay for a blush thats $3, it lasts about 3 hours on me, and it was still on me after dance practice (which i sweat a storm in) and it was still noticeably there (sheer).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by artsyjill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this color. This has a slight "glow" to it without the inclusion of glitter or without being chalky and matte looking on the skin. I thought this would be a great color heading into fall. I did not find that it had poor color payoff but I also have light/fair skin so I only needed to tap my brush very slightly to have color. I think this is a great versatile shade. The packaging is very nars-esque and the amount is a generous size. I prefer these to the small blushers for $1 that they have in the plastic slide out cases. I do like that they have the little mirror on the inside but they do not include a brush or applicator. I do think then in that case that if I did have to supply a brush to apply it that I had to take off a lippie. I do apply it at home with my own brushes but to take it on my makeup bag for touchups I would need to pack one. I do like it and would repurchase regardless.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by spiral770

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great bargain for the price. Has great versatility as you can go for a subtle flushed look or build up the coverage for added effect. I like the simplicity of the packaging. I have used it almost everyday for several months, and it barely looks like I made a dent in it! I think it's a great color for fair and fair-medium skin toned women. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by wnkwnkndgndg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this blush! I am surprised at the low reviews and people saying it had poor color pay off. My particular blush is super pigmented and you only have to dust the tips of your brush lightly for a lot of color (I have light-medium skin with olive undertones). I thought it was funny that the packaging slightly reminded me of NARS without the logo. Great product especially for the price! $3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by lovely520

This is a nice everyday blush from E.L.F. It's a deep rosy dusty-pink shade and looks very pigmented in the case but actually looks rather subtle on. This one doesn't have shimmer to it--it's a matte blush. Mellow Mauve is suitable for a variety of skin tones and provides you with a nice, natural flush. It's very wearable for everyone. My only complaint is that sometimes the color doesn't show as much as I would like.