April 17, 2014 | 1748 users online

Top/Base Coats - Revlon - Quick Dry Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am such a Revlon brand loyalist! I love their polish and this top coat is my new favorite. It dries so quick and shiny. It plays well with all brands and extends the wear of my manicure. My go to combination is China Glaze Strong Adhesion base coat and this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by snoozermoose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my first top coat and I'm so pleased with it that I don't even need to try any other brand's. It leaves my nails smooth and shining, and really does dry pretty quickly. I read in someone's review here to apply it every two days, which I've been doing, and people always ask me how I get my nails to look so glossy all the time. I've never experienced the shrinkage that I've heard people complain of with other top coats. Now that I use top coat regularly, it's definitely a must-have product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by sheilahnb

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I gave it a neutral 3 on Price because you can get it for 25-30% of the price often at Walgreens and CVS with minimal effort.

You can apply to wet or dry polish, I've not noticed a difference in shrinkage, bubbles, or polish pulling this way.

At about 1/4th of a bottle left it tends to want to thicken but I usually decant into a new bottle before this point anyways.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by emsbignailobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love it. My all-time favorite top coat. I dont mind the smaller brush because i have small fingers. It actually IS a quick dry. Like less than two minutes quick dry. Love it, buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by mellabella88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This dries VERY quickly, almost too quickly sometimes it feels like the brush dries up straight after I take take it out of the bottle! Good formula and very shiny, but the brush is TINY, I'm used to the large OPI brushes which are so easy to use. Took off one point only because the brush slows things down... but a good product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by rainingice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loved this top coat! It's the first time I've gotten a quick dry top coat but I LOVE IT! Got it for about $2 on sale, and don't regret it. Just like previous reviewers, it's watery so doesn't leave brush marks. I woke up with quilt marks this morning (without the top coat) and I slathered one coat on top and voila! the quilt marks were gone. You have to be careful not to go over the same spot more than two times or the stuff underneath will come off onto the brush.

[edit] Some fissures appeared in my nail polish after a few days, which has never happened before. I can only assume that it was the top coat. A shame really.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by monikaus

The best fast drying top coat I've ever used. Fast, shiny, thin. Better than Seche Vite - no shrinkage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

It makes my nails very shiny and certainly dries faster than my Sephora by OPI 3-in-1 coat. It evens out my polish and makes the polish stay longer without chipping or peeling. It does not dry out super fast but with my clumsy hands and limit patience, it does make my polish smudge far less. I also bought it on sale for less than $5. For the cost, it performs great. One tiny problem I have is with the clear brush head, it is hard for me to see how much coat I have on the brush since both are colorless. It can make applications a bit tricky.

Update: This is my go to top coat now. I absolutely love it. Since my application technique has improved quite a lot, it makes my manicure last a lot longer. Plus, the shine it gives does not go away with time. In fact, even after a week, my nails are still quite shiny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by MonicaRockvilleMD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG Topcoat is Seche Vite but I use this when I run out.

Dries very fast. Not as shiny or as thick as Seche Vite but looks pretty good!
Only thing I don't like is the container is frosty which means it's difficult to see how goopy the polish has become when exposed to air for too long.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I don't have a ton of experience with top coats, but this was waaaay better than the Sally Hansen one I was trying. It does dry VERY quickly and leaves your polish rock hard and shiny, which is great for people (like me) whom are clumsy and often knock their newly-colored nails into everything imaginable. It even protects layers of polish that haven't fully dried yet (feels a little "sticky" to the touch) so it's great for tossing on and running out the door. I also haven't seen any evidence of bubbling in this top coat, although I do wish that the brush was a bit bigger/wider. It takes a lot of strokes to cover one nail, so I am taking off a lippie for that.