Maybelline Color Sensational-Coral Crush

4.3

on 7/16/2010 2:39:00 PM

I absolutely love the color. It's very bright, vibrant and really pops out. Combined with the MAC "Temperature Rising" pencil (to the beach collection) it gives you the most gorgeous coral red color.
The only downside is that like all the lipsticks from the Color Sensational collections, it's not very longlasting and it really melts in the packaging.

on 7/9/2010 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have never been one to wear lipstick -- I've only ever done gloss, tinted lip balms, or stains. I decided this summer that I was sick of my hair flying into my sticky lipgloss whenever a gust of wind flew by so I decided to give this stuff a try.

The color is really bright, but I pat it on gently and it turns out beautifully. Now that it's summertime and I have a nice tan, it really compliments my skintone. I'm willing to bet it would look stunning full-strength as well, but I'm too shy to try that as of yet, being so new to lipsticks and all!

The formula is smooth, applies easily, and stays on long. I like how it is somewhere between glossy and matte, without ANY shimmer whatsoever (which is exactly what I was looking for.) When I put the color on and blot with a tissue, it is a nice, bright, coral color -- it almost looks like I've put on a mango-hued lipstain. I can't wait to experiment with it more as the summer continues!

on 7/3/2010 5:45:00 AM

This one is definelty a keeper. The colour absolutely makes my face 'pop' and makes me look kind of awake and healthy if that makes sense haha.
The colour, texture and packaging are marvellous. Because it's quite bright i go easy on the eye makeup. The perfect spring/summer shade.

on 6/9/2010 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I've really been into corals this summer, and this is a beautiful bright pinky-coral color.

I love how smooth this lipsticks, and it has no noticeable shimmers (which is great imo). The finish is nice, glossy, and semi-opaque. The color is definitely buildable. Wear is decent on this as well!

However, similar to a lot of other drugstore lipsticks, it gives my lips a slight sting, I'm not sure why though. I'm not liking the smell either. But both aren't anything that bother me too much that I wouldn't wear it.

The color sensational line is a great drugstore line with a GREAT variety of colors and decent formula!

on 5/23/2010 7:08:00 PM

The economy being what it is, I've been buying more drugstore makeup. I love this color and found it to be a fairly close dupe of MAC's Impassioned. It's not quite as pink as Impassioned, but the intensity is similar as is the lasting power. Looks great with bronze skin, (colored) strawberry blonde hair and a turquoise top! Will repurchase.

on 5/22/2010 12:32:00 AM

I usually do not go for reds, but when I saw this colour, I really wanted it even though it was going to burn a hole in my bank account. I think it comes out more like a hot pink than a red though, but that may just be my lips.

If you put this together with Revlon's Super Lustrous gloss in Coral Reef, the colour is even more amazing.

on 4/11/2010 12:32:00 PM

UPDATE - still a pretty colour, but far too drying on my lips. It somehow peels on them. Shame. I won't be buying more from this line.

what a pretty colour! it looks terrifying in the tube, akin to my grandmother's type of lipsticks... but when I put it on, it looks delightful. much easier to wear than nars lipsticks of similar intensity, like funny face... its great for the weekend when you want to "look casual" but cool. maybe my grandmother was onto something..... :-)

on 3/31/2010 3:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love the color and I find that it looks perfect on me compared to other colors and glosses I have tried on in the past. It goes on nice and creamily how ever I am not a big fan of the scent the product has.

on 12/26/2009 3:47:00 PM

I got this in my stocking this year for xmas , i love the packaging it does not look cheap at all .
The color looks pretty good on me even though i have really light skin NC20 and black hair . It would look nice with a sexy bronze/brown smokey eye and some bronzer.

The lipstick its self feels nice on my lips and dosent smell badly at all , it barely smells like anything i find. Ill be trying other colors in this line

on 12/1/2009 4:51:00 PM

Don't be afraid by the color you see in the tube, it's actually gorgeous when you apply it on your lips. I have light skin and it looks amazing, but I feel it would look even better on medim-tan skin tones. It's the perfect lipstick to pair with a bronzy, sun-kissed look.

Popular Lipsticks