April 18, 2014 | 1782 users online

Polishes - OPI - Ate Berries in the Canaries

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by kissesinbetween

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite nail color. I didn't expect this to be, but this was actually the first OPI nail color that I got after I did a manicure in a salon in this color.
It makes my hands just looks like wow, it matches my skin tone and makes it look good I guess. It just looks so good on my hands! ALL TIME FAVORITE!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by traceyadwl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I adore this raspberry cream shade; it's equal parts feminine, pretty, and sophisticated. My nail polish collection is 75% shades of pink, and this one certainly stands out. It is a gorgeous combination of fuchsia and purple, so if you are deciding between the two...you will not go wrong with this. Leans more on the purple side for me. It reminds me of those delicious tropical Starbursts in the passion fruit flavor. Goes on evenly and opaque with just one coat, looks perfectly rich with two. Could work just as easily in the fall as in the spring.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by ylrebmik7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I just got this in a pedicure this weekend and I LOVE IT! I love purples and pinks and this is a lovely purple with just a very little bit of pink in it. I am going out to buy this the next chance I get. Lovely glossy/cream color for spring. (no sparkle or frost in it).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by cyeung71

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have all the Espana Collection and Ate Berries in the Canaries is the first one I put on. I love this color as it has a bit of raspberry in it. It doesn't look pink nor purple. A sort of bright purple/pink and it's gorgeous. I have worn it twice and it's similar to Hong Kong Collection Dim Sum Plum. I wear this color several times. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by lemonybubbleu

LOVE THIS COLOR!!! If there was any color from OPI you should get it should be this!!!! Just the prettiest magenta-purple-raspberry color. LOVE IT WHY AREN"T YOU BUYING IT????

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Violet912

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

If I could describe this color in one word, it would be "raspberry."

This is a simple raspberry creme, but for some reason I don't see this color very often. What Ate Berries in the Canaries really has going for it is that it can be described as "bright," "classic," and "unusual" all at once. I'd think this color would work for everyone. One of my favorites, for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by maneandchic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my signature color in Fall 2009. I would definitely buy it again unless they make a very similar color that's newer and better. It's the perfect marriage of fuschia and grape.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 10:24:00 AM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OPI is my fav polish....love the pro-wide brush, I hardly get any polish all over my cuticles. This color goes on darker than the bottle, and is the perfect pink/purple...very nice for anyone who wants a 'mature' pink. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by SusanF

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ate Berries in the Canaries is from OPI's 2009 Fall/Winter Espana Collection. OPI refers to it as a "cool fuschia". It is a mid-tone creme that is right in between pink and purple. I originally purchased it for DD10, but I was craving a fun color for my tips last night. ABitC looks great with my light neutral skintone. It's a nice pop of color without being too bright. Would make a great pedi, too. Application of 2 coats was easy with the pro-wide brush. I always get great wear with OPI when using a quality base and top coat. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by audraelena

I really like this nail polish!

It's a midtone cool-toned purpley-pink creme. I am fair with pink undertones and I think this looked great on my short squoval nails.

Application was okay...I just don't care for the OPI prowide brush, but that's a personal preference. It took 2 coats to achieve bottle color. I had no streakiness issues at all.

I think this color is great for spring, summer, or even fall as a transitional color, or to spice things up when you don't want a vampy.

Overall, I'm happy with this purchase.