Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

on 1/5/2015 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

A great moisturizer to use, if you are on a prescription acne medication and your skin becomes very dry. Or, if you have very dry skin in general.

I would only recommend that this cream be used by others who are using prescription topical acne medication, or those who have dry, and/or sensitive skin. If you do not have such, then I would be very cautious about using this cream on your face at all. As, it definitely may clog your pores badly and cause breakouts.

I do not wear this under makeup. As, I have found it not to be makeup compatible at all (at least for me).

on 1/3/2015 3:04:00 AM

A big fat NO to this product. I purchased it in the large tub for around AUD$20 I think on special, and it lasted me and my sister just under a year before I finally came around to chucking it out with about half left - oh the relief!!!

I have combo skin - dry cheeks, oily T Zone, however I have dry skin flakes on my nose so I figured this product was worth a shot. Boy was I wrong, it was HORRIBLE, no matter the amount, even when i put a small pea size equally over my whole face, I'd wake up all shiny in the morning, which is a very gross feeling, as the product did not sink in, it sat on top of my skin feeling extremely oily. I still kept using regardless, simply due to the fact that I did not have the money to splurge on a new moisturiser, especially considering the amount of product given in the tub.

The product had no noticeable scents to it, which was good, but the packaging was extremely unsanitary, and when you think about it, it makes you cringe to think you dip your fingers into it everyday for months to get the product out - BLEH; or you have to use a small spatula, which is just a big hassle for a product that does not perform well, considering the amount of much better products on the market.

on 12/31/2014 2:12:00 PM

I suffer from perioral dermatitis in the winters. It's easy enough to control with the right routine, luckily. I should have known that this product was risky-- one of the first ingredients is petrolatum, which is way too heavy for PD. But I gave it the old college try and it did not work. Not only did it cause my PD to flare up, I developed little red bumps all my body, and a couple of nasty back pimples (which I never get!). I can give it a pass for messing with my face, because my facial skin is picky. But my body skin is not. This product is just way too loaded with petrolatum. I'm exchanging it for the Cerave cream, that one has lighter ingredients.

on 12/23/2014 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

MY SKIN LOOOOOVES THIS CREAM. My skin pretty much reacts to everything (I will admit I am somewhat of a stinge when it comes to facial lotion, etc.) Therefore I do not always buy the "better" products for my skin because they seem a bit pricy on a college student's budget. Usually, my skin is pretty okay with just the general inexpensive cleansers and what not. Lately, I think my skin is changing because it has become extremely irritable and really dry :( I also am going to college in a different town where it is very dry. Anyyyyyways, this lotion has helped me with my dry patches and I have had no reactions, yay!!! People with sensitive skin will understand when I say that it is sooooooo difficult to find skin products that don't upset our baby like skin. Once we find something that works, we never turn back. Since buying this I kind of went on a Cetaphil splurge and also purchased the daily lightweight lotion and gentle cleanser. I lather this stuff on at night and wake up with a beautifully moisturized face; and during the day I lather on the lightweight lotion also by Cetaphil, given that I cleanse my face morning and night with the gentle cleanser (all Cetaphil). This cream is a tad oily, so I would not recommend this to someone with oily and acne prone skin. I truly think this is the only brand I will be using on my skin from now on.. so in love with you, Cetaphil.

on 12/21/2014 12:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really enjoy Cetaphil products, especially this one. My mom, my sister, my grandmother and I all use this cream. I use this all over my body after I shower (not on my face though) and it does a great job of locking in moisture. It's fragrance free and easy to massage into my skin. It's the perfect consistency, not too thick, not too thin. All around a great cream for all skin types.

on 12/18/2014 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I use this on my face and body in the winter. I have very dry, moderately sensitive skin and this does a great job keeping my skin my drying out. It's cheap ($11 for a tub at costco), abundant and unscented--although one of my cats who is very sensitive to perfumes recoils when she smells it on me, so there's something in there. Applied judiciously to the face (I pat on a tiny dab on each cheek and and a small dot on chin and forehead), it is not greasy. It soaks in quickly to a soft semi-matte finish. It is not the finest face cream I have ever used, but I will trade the frills for the low cost. The only issue with this is that while it's very rich, it somehow still doesn't keep moisture in my skin. In the dead of winter, my skin will feel dry and rough even with a thick layer of this stuff on top. I've started layering it with hyaluronic acid serum and that's really helping. My skin is retaining moisture now. Perfect combo!

As a body cream it's ideal. I highly recommend it for healing tattoos. The watery lotion they often recommend for that is waaay too light for my skin. This is nice and rich without blocking air from the tattoo. The last one I healed with this didn't even scab which, despite what some people might try to tell you, is a GOOD thing. Scabs are liable to crack and cause deeper tissue damage, infections, longer healing time and fucked up tattoos. If you can avoid them, all the better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I used this on my body and my face and have mixed feelings...

Yes, it broke me out. After using it three days consecutively, i noticed lots of raised red bumps (that looked like acne) all over my chest and my face broke out too (although I'm always weary of blaming a face breakout out on a single product). I applied some contact dermatitis cream (prescribed to me from a previous reaction )on my chest last night and the bumps are pretty much gone. So I'm chalking the reaction up to some sort of allergy/sensitivity. No idea which ingredient is the culprit or if its due to a combination--- which is unfortunate because there are some pros...

This cream is super moisturizing - more so than any cream/lotion i have used, including oils. It feels really nice going on and didn't immediately cause any discomfort. I think this would be great on eczema.

But, there are other negatives beside my reaction: The packaging of course-- can we say unhygienic finger dipping (!!), which is especially icky since i know my hubby secretly tries out all my products and most definitely does not wash his hands first!! lol

Also, if you plan to use it on your face--- it will feel great but it does not work under makeup. at all. It made my foundation look heavy, cakey and emphasized pores.

I'll probably still use it for my legs and arms since i never have any sensitivity issues there --- or ill just hand it over to the hubby.

hope this helps someone who is experiencing red spots or is prone to them.

on 12/12/2014 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

I actually us this moisturizing cream as a cleanser - to remove make up. It comes in a nice large tub and doesn't contain any strong perfume. I slap it on, tissue off then wipe my face with a cotton wool pad soaked in micellar water.

on 12/7/2014 6:23:00 PM

I always find myself crawling back to this product, especially around winter time. As some reviewers have pointed out, this CREAM can get a bit greasy. However, I've noticed this only happens if used in excess or during hotter seasons. Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is an excellent product that works wonders for the itchy, dry patches on my sensitive skin. I use this on my face and body, and have never had any irritations. If you're doubting this purchase due to the price, don't. It is definitely an amazing investment, especially because it lasts for ages (seriously, I've had the same tub for at least 2 years) and will rid you of any dryness! :)

on 12/1/2014 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have a very dry sensitive skin due to tretinoin .1% and duac gel (clinda +benzoyl). This cream leaves my skin so oily, greasy and moisturized looking on the outside but when i pat my skin with a tissue after an hour, i am left with a taut, painful and dry feeling of the skin. The point is this cream only moisturizes on the outside but still leaves the inside of your skin dry. This also contains alcohol.

I have switched to physiogel cream because it's alcohol-free and it contains ceramides. Been using it for months now and it has been great.