April 18, 2014 | 1742 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Katie

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Luiza

Katie is a very light pastel pink blush, that stays true to color. I have yellow undertones (NC20) and this blush does not turn peach on me. It remindes me of Macīs Well Dressed but is paler and much more pigmented. To me the only dowside is the matte texture, but thatīs ok, it only needs a good highlighter.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by 176163

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Simply love it! It is such a pretty pale pink blush and I love that its matte also. Illamasqua has a great powder blush selection and they are very pigmented. If you want a good quality blush try these!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by fergiefergie

Never had a HG blush until now. And Illamasqua's Katie is it. After seeing so many YouTube videos about it and mention of it, plus all of the great raves and reviews (especially from very fair-skinned people) here on Makeupalley and on Sephora, I had to order it.

Ordered it from Sephora, along with four other Illamasqua blushes. When I first opened up Katie, the milkiness of the pink was a bit off-putting. Though it would be too light for my very fair complexion (NW15), if such a thing could be possible. But when I applied it -- oh, man. Gorgeous. Perfection. Applies brighter than the color appears in the pan. Bobbi Brown's Face Blender Brush is perfect for the application. Can't say enough good things about Katie, especially if you are fair skinned and most blushes overwhelm your coloring.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So expensive. However, it will last you forever because it's very pigmented. I have medium skin tone & have tried this on my tanner skinned friends. Because it's so pigmented, with a light touch, the colour blends & adapts with the skin colour to produce a flattering combo. Therefore the result is different on everyone. Therefore doesn't turn out a huge baby pink powder sitting on top of a tanned cheek.

LOVE!..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by jambo5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

cant fault it , also bought 'kiss' blush also , blends like a dream and with 50% of these at the moment making them Ģ8.50 they are a bargain too xx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this blush from a lady who tried it once or twice, but didn't like it. I'm on the search for a dupe for my beloved Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #12, but I'm nowhere near finding one. But you know what they say: The journey is more important than the destination :-) This gives me a wonderful excuse to buy a few blushes to compare, love or hate.

Katie is a pale, yet bright carnation pink. It's very well pigmented, and one or two swipes will leave you with a gorgeous, innocent flush. I'm very fair, and the blush doesn't looks chalky or odd on me. Whilst the colour is neither particularily warm nor cool toned, I feel that this might suit cooler complexions better. My bare face is neutral, but I tend to wear yellow-toned foundation to match my warm neck. The blush clashes a little more with my complexion if it is warmed up by the foundation, whereas it looks perfectly natural on my naked skin. The fact that the blush is pretty much matte without any sheen or shimmer means that you have to apply highlighter if you wish to give yourself a glow or to enhance your contouring. This adds another step to your routine, which isn't neccessarily bad, unless you're in a rush in the morning.

Overall, the product itself cannot be faulted, except for the packaging, which is a bit flimsy and 'meh' for the price point. It's a joy to apply and glides on effortlessly. It is very bright, so it's definitely a product that might dominate your look if you apply it generously, which means that I lean towards using a subtle lip and eye with this. As with the Shu Uemura Glow On P Peach 42 blush, I'm not in love with this product, but I definitely think it deserves 5 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by rogsweetie03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this blush. On the one hand, it is a true baby pink and it stays true baby pink. It really gives off an innocent, dolly flush. I am NC20-25 and I find that a lot of pink blushes tend to turn peachy because of my foundation or undertones. On the other hand, it looks a tad unnatural on my skin tone because it's such a cool, pale pink. It is also the most powdery blush I own. No matter what brush I use, the powder gets everywhere as soon as my brush hits the blush. For pinks in this color family, I prefer Nars Angelika. It is not as baby pink and not matte, but I find it more flattering and easier to apply.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by PrincessMommy

OMG this is the blush I've been searching for! I was in search for a light pale pink blush and when I saw this on Youtube, I had to have it! I went to many different Sephora's and asked about the brand. Everyone looked as if I made the brand up so I ended up having to order it online. But if you're in search of a light pink blush this is it! If you love MAC's well dressed, this blush can do what that blush can't!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

HG light pale pink blush here!!! Thanks to the other reviews, I tracked this blush down. It's only carried at select Sephora stores.

The pigment is amazing in this powder, glides on like air and stays put through an entire day or night. The color payout is beautiful: very girly, light pastel pink that looks great on light or dark skin. It really adds beautiful color to the cheeks. This is one blush you really have to try on to understand what everyone's raving about. I wouldn't have picked it up based soley on seeing the color in the packaging.

Gorgeous color, quality ingredients but the packaging could be a bit less "cheap" for the price: $23. This is an HG blush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was walking around a Sephora a few months ago and I saw this and instantly fell in love. But I was broke at the time, so for months and months every time I went to a Sephora I would search this out and try it on my hand and generally swoon about how beautiful it was. Well, 3 months and 1 job later I finally ran out and got this! It's so gorgeous. The powder is extremely fine and it's so heavily pigmented that you only need a tiny, tiny bit. I apply it to the apples of my cheeks and it just gives you a fresh and awake-looking complexion. I doubt that I will ever be without this blush again. HG.