July 29, 2014 | 1644 users online

Blush - Illamasqua - Katie

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by ns4487

*love*
this is a stunning colour, both in the pan and on my NC15 face. Gives this beautiful light pink glow to your skin. It really is a unique colour, very pricey here in Aus ($42) but well worth it. The formula is silky smooth and the pigmentation is fantastic. You need to be careful to only use a tiny amount. My first Illamasqua blush, and im in love! highly recommended

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by shakinstevens89

Illamasqua's "Katie" blush is a very pale matte pink, it is amazing! When I bought MAC's Well Dressed, this is how i'd hoped it would be! I have a fair to medium skintone so compliments my skin quite well, i generally just apply to the apples of the cheeks but the blush is very pigmented so just a dab is enough! I cannot praise this colour enough, beautiful! I will definately repurchase, it is pricey however, because its so pigmented it will last a long time! Love this blusher and love Illamasqua!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by marwaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOOOOOOVE this blush, had it for a good year or so now & not even close to being half way through it, it's that pigmented! Such a beautiful colour, the EXACT colour I was searching high and low for before finding this. Doesn't turn peachy, & stays where you put it. Illamasqua has done it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Luiza

Katie is a very light pastel pink blush, that stays true to color. I have yellow undertones (NC20) and this blush does not turn peach on me. It remindes me of Macīs Well Dressed but is paler and much more pigmented. To me the only dowside is the matte texture, but thatīs ok, it only needs a good highlighter.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by 176163

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Simply love it! It is such a pretty pale pink blush and I love that its matte also. Illamasqua has a great powder blush selection and they are very pigmented. If you want a good quality blush try these!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by fergiefergie

Never had a HG blush until now. And Illamasqua's Katie is it. After seeing so many YouTube videos about it and mention of it, plus all of the great raves and reviews (especially from very fair-skinned people) here on Makeupalley and on Sephora, I had to order it.

Ordered it from Sephora, along with four other Illamasqua blushes. When I first opened up Katie, the milkiness of the pink was a bit off-putting. Though it would be too light for my very fair complexion (NW15), if such a thing could be possible. But when I applied it -- oh, man. Gorgeous. Perfection. Applies brighter than the color appears in the pan. Bobbi Brown's Face Blender Brush is perfect for the application. Can't say enough good things about Katie, especially if you are fair skinned and most blushes overwhelm your coloring.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So expensive. However, it will last you forever because it's very pigmented. I have medium skin tone & have tried this on my tanner skinned friends. Because it's so pigmented, with a light touch, the colour blends & adapts with the skin colour to produce a flattering combo. Therefore the result is different on everyone. Therefore doesn't turn out a huge baby pink powder sitting on top of a tanned cheek.

LOVE!..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by jambo5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

cant fault it , also bought 'kiss' blush also , blends like a dream and with 50% of these at the moment making them Ģ8.50 they are a bargain too xx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this blush from a lady who tried it once or twice, but didn't like it. I'm on the search for a dupe for my beloved Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #12, but I'm nowhere near finding one. But you know what they say: The journey is more important than the destination :-) This gives me a wonderful excuse to buy a few blushes to compare, love or hate.

Katie is a pale, yet bright carnation pink. It's very well pigmented, and one or two swipes will leave you with a gorgeous, innocent flush. I'm very fair, and the blush doesn't looks chalky or odd on me. Whilst the colour is neither particularily warm nor cool toned, I feel that this might suit cooler complexions better. My bare face is neutral, but I tend to wear yellow-toned foundation to match my warm neck. The blush clashes a little more with my complexion if it is warmed up by the foundation, whereas it looks perfectly natural on my naked skin. The fact that the blush is pretty much matte without any sheen or shimmer means that you have to apply highlighter if you wish to give yourself a glow or to enhance your contouring. This adds another step to your routine, which isn't neccessarily bad, unless you're in a rush in the morning.

Overall, the product itself cannot be faulted, except for the packaging, which is a bit flimsy and 'meh' for the price point. It's a joy to apply and glides on effortlessly. It is very bright, so it's definitely a product that might dominate your look if you apply it generously, which means that I lean towards using a subtle lip and eye with this. As with the Shu Uemura Glow On P Peach 42 blush, I'm not in love with this product, but I definitely think it deserves 5 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by rogsweetie03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this blush. On the one hand, it is a true baby pink and it stays true baby pink. It really gives off an innocent, dolly flush. I am NC20-25 and I find that a lot of pink blushes tend to turn peachy because of my foundation or undertones. On the other hand, it looks a tad unnatural on my skin tone because it's such a cool, pale pink. It is also the most powdery blush I own. No matter what brush I use, the powder gets everywhere as soon as my brush hits the blush. For pinks in this color family, I prefer Nars Angelika. It is not as baby pink and not matte, but I find it more flattering and easier to apply.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No