Illamasqua Katie

4.7

Talc, Dimethylimidazolidinone Rice Starch, Mica, Aqua (Water), Magnesium Myristate, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-150, Silica, Ricinus Communis Oil (Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil), Cetearyl Alcohol, Quaternium-26, Methylparaben, Glyceryl Ricinoleate, Ethylparaben, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Propylparaben, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Cetyl Alcohol, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Parfum (Fragrance) And May Contain: [ /- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Carmine CI 75470, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Red 7 CI 15850, Red 21 Lake CI 45380, Bismuth Oxychloride CI 77163, Yellow 6 Lake CI 15985, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Ferric Ferrocyanide CI 77510, Red 40 Lake CI 16035, Red 27 Lake CI 45410]. May contain Carmine as a colour additive.

on 1/23/2011 9:26:00 PM

Absolutely love this blush ....... gorgeous color for those who are very pale ......... I agree that a light hand is all that is needed as it is very pigmented ......... I barely swipe my skunk brush and get enough color on my cheeks ....... I find the color a perfect pink ......... I tend to dislike many pinks as I find them too loud on my NW10 skin (in the past my favorite pink blush was Armani's #1 which was sadly discontinued, however, Katie is just as pretty.) The only issue that I do have is that I find the quality extremely powdery ........ the first time I swiped my brush, I was surprised at how messy the blush became and how much of the blush that got all over ........ I quickly learned to use an extremely gentle hand and have not had any issues since then.

on 1/1/2011 3:17:00 AM

*love*
this is a stunning colour, both in the pan and on my NC15 face. Gives this beautiful light pink glow to your skin. It really is a unique colour, very pricey here in Aus ($42) but well worth it. The formula is silky smooth and the pigmentation is fantastic. You need to be careful to only use a tiny amount. My first Illamasqua blush, and im in love! highly recommended

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Illamasqua's "Katie" blush is a very pale matte pink, it is amazing! When I bought MAC's Well Dressed, this is how i'd hoped it would be! I have a fair to medium skintone so compliments my skin quite well, i generally just apply to the apples of the cheeks but the blush is very pigmented so just a dab is enough! I cannot praise this colour enough, beautiful! I will definately repurchase, it is pricey however, because its so pigmented it will last a long time! Love this blusher and love Illamasqua!

on 11/8/2010 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOOOOOOVE this blush, had it for a good year or so now & not even close to being half way through it, it's that pigmented! Such a beautiful colour, the EXACT colour I was searching high and low for before finding this. Doesn't turn peachy, & stays where you put it. Illamasqua has done it again!

on 10/18/2010 4:30:00 PM

Katie is a very light pastel pink blush, that stays true to color. I have yellow undertones (NC20) and this blush does not turn peach on me. It remindes me of Macīs Well Dressed but is paler and much more pigmented. To me the only dowside is the matte texture, but thatīs ok, it only needs a good highlighter.

on 9/3/2010 5:42:00 PM

Simply love it! It is such a pretty pale pink blush and I love that its matte also. Illamasqua has a great powder blush selection and they are very pigmented. If you want a good quality blush try these!

on 8/11/2010 5:15:00 PM

Never had a HG blush until now. And Illamasqua's Katie is it. After seeing so many YouTube videos about it and mention of it, plus all of the great raves and reviews (especially from very fair-skinned people) here on Makeupalley and on Sephora, I had to order it.

Ordered it from Sephora, along with four other Illamasqua blushes. When I first opened up Katie, the milkiness of the pink was a bit off-putting. Though it would be too light for my very fair complexion (NW15), if such a thing could be possible. But when I applied it -- oh, man. Gorgeous. Perfection. Applies brighter than the color appears in the pan. Bobbi Brown's Face Blender Brush is perfect for the application. Can't say enough good things about Katie, especially if you are fair skinned and most blushes overwhelm your coloring.

on 8/8/2010 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

So expensive. However, it will last you forever because it's very pigmented. I have medium skin tone & have tried this on my tanner skinned friends. Because it's so pigmented, with a light touch, the colour blends & adapts with the skin colour to produce a flattering combo. Therefore the result is different on everyone. Therefore doesn't turn out a huge baby pink powder sitting on top of a tanned cheek.

LOVE!..

on 7/21/2010 1:05:00 PM

cant fault it , also bought 'kiss' blush also , blends like a dream and with 50% of these at the moment making them Ģ8.50 they are a bargain too xx

on 7/15/2010 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got this blush from a lady who tried it once or twice, but didn't like it. I'm on the search for a dupe for my beloved Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #12, but I'm nowhere near finding one. But you know what they say: The journey is more important than the destination :-) This gives me a wonderful excuse to buy a few blushes to compare, love or hate.

Katie is a pale, yet bright carnation pink. It's very well pigmented, and one or two swipes will leave you with a gorgeous, innocent flush. I'm very fair, and the blush doesn't looks chalky or odd on me. Whilst the colour is neither particularily warm nor cool toned, I feel that this might suit cooler complexions better. My bare face is neutral, but I tend to wear yellow-toned foundation to match my warm neck. The blush clashes a little more with my complexion if it is warmed up by the foundation, whereas it looks perfectly natural on my naked skin. The fact that the blush is pretty much matte without any sheen or shimmer means that you have to apply highlighter if you wish to give yourself a glow or to enhance your contouring. This adds another step to your routine, which isn't neccessarily bad, unless you're in a rush in the morning.

Overall, the product itself cannot be faulted, except for the packaging, which is a bit flimsy and 'meh' for the price point. It's a joy to apply and glides on effortlessly. It is very bright, so it's definitely a product that might dominate your look if you apply it generously, which means that I lean towards using a subtle lip and eye with this. As with the Shu Uemura Glow On P Peach 42 blush, I'm not in love with this product, but I definitely think it deserves 5 lippies.

Popular Blush Products