Essie Matte About You

4.4

Ehtyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Trimethyl Pentanyl Dissobutyrate, Silica, Adipic Acid/neopnetyl Glycol/trimllitic Anhydride Copolymer, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearalkonum Hectorite, Citric Acid.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I love this stuff! I have read it only looks good on dark colors, but I have used it on my Revlon Posh Pink color that is not very dark but a nice pink and it looks great with it
The only teeny tiny thing I don't like is that you have to be careful when it's drying, it's very easy to mess up.

EDIT*** I have noticed that when I have this on my nails for more than a few days the nice matte finish isn't there anymore. It only really lasts for like a day- on my pink nails it looks amazing when I first apply then the next day its a dark pink with tints of blue and it's not matte but like a dull shine...
It's weird, I just noticed it when I re-applied to one nail compared to the nails I had from days before !

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Going to have to get a backup of this! I love the look of matte nail polish and having this is like doubling my nail polish collection. This is also great for people who might not want a whole bunch of matte polishes hanging about, but want the look.

I also use this as a top coat over my actual matte polishes (wierd as that may seem) as I don't like not having a top coat on.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I'm a little late on the matte polishes as I wasn't too interested. So lately, I've been experimenting and researching what the best matte top coats out there. I stumbled across a blog that suggest Essie's Matte About You (MAY) top coat. I ran out and bought it since I think this is a better deal than buying matte polishes. You can transform any polish you've already got into a matte. So I got the idea from the blog post and applied MAY to just my tips for a muted look (pictured above in red). I LOVE it! Before doing this, I did experiment with the whole nail and love it just as much.
You must work fast with this top coat because product closer to the ferrel of the brush will dry pretty fast and dipping it back into the bottle will only make the rest of the prodct a bit goopy.
Other than that, top coat dries within seconds. I did notice that after 2-3 days the mattiness begins to fade into a more satin finish. You cannot use lotions because if you do, it will ruin the effect. So apply and use with caution.
Overall, I will definitely repurchase this top coat, unless I try a different brand.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

AUSTRALIAN REVIEWER: Matte top coats are trending a lot at the moment and I love them. This one is great, don't put it on too thickly though because it can get messy quick. Also, make sure your polish underneath it is PERFECT before you put the matte top coat on or it'll point out all the flaws in your polish. The Essie Matte About You has a nice enough feel and isn't too thin or thick for my liking.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is so much fun. I was on a matte nail polish kick but, it's hard to find matte nail polishes in the color I like. This made that all easy. I now wont go out of my way to get a matte polish. I like that fact that I can buy a shiney polish and make it matte or leave it as is because of this cool top coat!

This is a great finish for people who balk at spending money on matte nail polishes, like me. It dries quickly, which is a plus, but the formula is tacky so its tricky to apply. I find that the matte formula can streak and make the polish on my nails look uneven and horrible. The matte trend doesn't look great on pastel and most cream colors which I prefer over glitter polishes. However, it doesn't look great on darker polishes and polishes with shimmer or glitter. When I'm done using this, I'll probably look into purchasing colored matte polish instead, to see if the quality is better.

This is a fun top coat but the polish quality isn't the best. It made my polish chip much faster. And the bottle dried out so much faster then any other bottle. This is great for a one time thing. But would not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Awesome product! It really does add versatility to your nail polish collection, though some colours and finishes work better matted than others. I particularly enjoy the satiny look of matted shimmers, it's a really nice effect. It's also a much better deal than buying individual matte polishes, and if you tire of the matte look you only have one unwanted product hanging around instead of a whole collection of different colours.

I haven't noticed this topcoat being more prone to chipping, but my nail polishes always chip pretty quickly anyway- I am a bit rough on my nails. It's not incredibly fast-drying though- I had a few mishaps when I first used it because I assumed it was dry once it had clouded up to a matte finish... you do have to give it a little longer.

I <3 this mattifying polish. Matte nail polishes look gorgeous with the right looks and this product solves so many probs in one little bottle. Picked this up and, contrary to instructions, you can use it over a top coat and it'll still give you the same matte effect with your nail polishes. Turns any and all colors and formulas into matte heaven.

This just exponentially broadened my nail polish collection and I love the instant matte effect it gives. Will look great with Fall/Winter polishes. HG product!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

So... this stuff is pretty neat, huh. It has effectively doubled my rather extensive nail polish collection, because the shade is slightly lighter once this is on. Plus of course, the matte texture gives you a completely different finish. <3 it.

Top Rated Essie Products