April 18, 2014 | 1442 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Eyelash Primer Potion

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by MsJuicyJ88

It helps my lashes look fuller and thick after I apply mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm still on the fence about what I'll refer to EPP, because I'm not sure it does anything that MAC's slightly less expensive Prep + Prime Lash won't, and you can use the MAC container for the Back to MAC program, too. ;) .

That said, I do really like EPP. It brushes on smoothly, dries clear, and gives your lashes extra length and volume.

I curl my lashes first, then apply EPP, starting at the base of the lashes and "wiggling in," then I sweep the brush to the ends, finishing by "tipping" the ends of my lashes. I immediately apply my mascara, before EPP dries, because that works best with MAC Prep + Prime, and it's become a habit for me.

I have decent lashes naturally, but like a good mascara as much as the next woman.

It's difficult to find a mascara that will lengthen, thicken and volumize in just one step. So I've reconciled myself to having to use an under-mascara primer to get the look I want.

NOTE: If I ever had doubts that the extra step is worth it, I unintentionally erased those doubts yesterday morning.

I was trying to hurry. After I applied my mascara (MAC Zoomlash), I combed through with my metal lash comb, as usual. I did one eye at a time, as I always do.

When I'd finished my left eye, I glanced in the mirror and thought, "What is *wrong* with my lashes?" They looked generally wimpy.

Then I realized that in my haste, I'd forgotten to apply my primer!

I toyed with the idea of applying primer and then mascara as usual on the as-yet-undone right eye, but didn't want to risk looking like Popeye, so I settled for extra coats of mascara to make both eyes look the same, and promising myself that I'll *never* again forget primer!
I still haven't decided whether EPP or Prep + Prime will become my primer of choice, but it will be one or the other.

SAD NOTE: As of March 2012, all Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Estee Lauder, MAC, and Prescriptives items are “will not repurchase” for me, no matter how much I like them. This regrettable situation is the result of the Estee Lauder company’s decision to abandon its ban on animal tests, and contract for such tests in China. As an animal lover/respecter, I will no longer do business with this company’s brands, no matter how otherwise appealing their products are to me.

Therefore, after happily using MAC's Prep + Prime Lash for a number of years, I'm permanently giving it up, and going back to UD's Eyelash Primer Potion, which is cruelty-free, and works just as well as the MAC.
continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2009 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Bisou25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This primer didn't work at all for me. It killed the curl, it didn't add volume or length. I just made my lashes clump together, and made my mascara come off in flakes throughout the day. It also dries white, and I could never really cover it all up with mascara. I use the Buxom mascara, which I love by itself or with the Lancome primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by KathyWong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very short, sparse, straight Asian eyelashes.. it's completely annoying..

I've always been one to wear false eyelashes so that I could be on an even playing field with everyone else. However, upon discovering UD's Eyelash Primer Potion.. I no longer needed falsies! The primer is conditioned with the same stuff Pantene Pro V has in its formula.. it makes your lashes super soft and elongates them. It's the perfect lash conditioner pre-mascara. Not only do I get super long lashes from it.. it's also great with UD's colored-mascaras too. The white formula coats your lashes and allows the pigments of these mascaras to attach amazingly... good one UD!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 2:25:00 AM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh hi UD. <3
Packaging - Purple tube w/ scrolly pattern. Gorgeous.
Price - Too much, but I'm willing to deal with that for a good product. ;)
Product - Holds curl, builds length. That's what I want. Layer a volume mascara over it, and bam. Falsie-looking lashes.
I also like that it isn't too hard to cover up with mascara. Certain primers go on bright gleaming white and then you have to lacquer on a gazillion coats of even the blackest mascara just to cover it. Not so with this one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by mznes

This product is a mascara base that is suppose to lengthen, volumize, and fortify your lashes. I love Urban Decay's Primer Potion, so I thought this would be just as great. I was wrong. To be honest, it really did not make any difference whatsoever in the appearance of my lashes. I applied an even coat, let it dry for a bit, then applied my normal mascara. It looked exactly the same as when I wear just my normal mascara without even using this primer. I will not be repurchasing this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by pipsqu3ak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really, really surprised by all the good reviews this has gotten. Did nothing but turn my eyelashes white and made them clump together. Tried it with several different mascaras, too, and they all looked worse than if I'd applied them on their own. Save your money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE.I've tried just about every single primer out there-Shiseido,Lancome,Paula Dorf, Maybelline and L'Oreal to name a few.I heartily agree with the previous reviewer about the Shiseido drying out too quickly; I liked it but it turned out to be a waste of money with the little use I got from it.
This doesn't go on gloppy, but it doesn't go on so dry that it turns lashes to straw either.My mascara went on so smoothly over it and my lashes looked lush.No irritation from it either,another plus.Urban Decay also doesn't test on animals and is vegan friendly.I have to say this is far better than their Lingerie and Galoshes as well.Price is a bit steep,but you get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I HAVE purchased this and have used it daily. I used to use Shiseido Lash Base and found it dried up too quickly. The UD goes on smoothly, doesn't dry too quickly and doesn't make your lashes crunchy. I'm anxious to see how long a tube lasts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by juliaesands

I am unsure if I want to buy this, though I have used it several times at ULTA while I muse over the purchase. I apply it to my bare lashes, wait a few moments and then apply whatever mascara I am using at the moment on top. I don't know if I should let it dry longer but the results were lovely. I am very impressed though with the results from my LashBlast mascara and so I'm not sure that I need this esp. for $20. I'll think about it!