July 28, 2014 | 1768 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by corriepeters

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just came home with this lipstick and I'm pretty happy with it so far. Like some others, I was looking for a basic 'go-to' lipstick with just enough pigmentation for my lips without looking too done up. I also wanted something that wasn't too pink and I could wear with browns as well. It has some purple in it, which is good because it works with my Satin Taupe and Club eyeshadow, also from MAC. I'm a big fan of the lustres because they're not too drying and you don't often need a lipgloss on top.
I think for us lighter ladies this is a great natural, "days-off" option, or a good colour for days when you want to keep the focus on your eyes. It's basically like my lips but better. I wish it had a bitttt more pigment, but that's what you get for a lustre and it was kind of what I was looking for anyway. I'll try it with a liner underneath and a few more swipes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

Syrup is a sheer, fleshy medium pink with a purple undertone. this reminds me a lot of 'Modesty' (cremesheen), but that is a little more tan.
i think Syrup is such a great and wearable colour because it combines the 'my lips but better' kind of nude (i can't wear true nudes) with a purpley pink. i tried to pair this with a pink lipgloss over the top, but i personally found that it lost its charm because this is a pink that makes you look twice, not just a true pink.
on the subject of what to pair this with; i want to bring to light a bit of a problem with this colour, that it doesn't always show up straight away on my medium pigmented lips, and i know some other ladies with more pigmentation in their lips complain about this. what i found really really helps, is to apply this lipstick to dry, naked lips and then once you've built up the colour to your liking THEN add a gloss or a balm (i like to add a clear gloss or a blue gloss to enhance the purple tone in this colour). i find that the dryer and more naked my lips are, the stronger this colour goes on.
another trick to enhancing this colour, is to wear a true nude like MAC's Myth as a base, and to apply it with a good lip brush instead of straight from the bullet.
i love this colour so much! and i must admit, the name drew me in a little too :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Product_Junkie

This is a great shade of lipstick for me-I am very impressed with this purchase...I haven't bought lipstick in a very long time; usually I find that with the pink/neutral tones,the pigment is not strong enough from drugstore brands, as well as some department store ones. I wanted a lipstick that was similar to MAC's plushglass in Ample Pink-the sales lady told me that Syrup is the closest. I tried it on and love it! The color is perfect and well pigmented...The only qualm is that I wish it would be a tad more moisturizing, however a little dab of lip balm takes care of that. Overall, 5 lippies and will r/p.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by gozdena

I'm absolutely addicted to this color and I've tried different brands, but none of them is as natural yet vivid, nice smelling (freshly baked cookie smell) and long-lasting as this one. Perfect! My favorite lipstick ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by catpie

I back to mac'd for this when plumful was out of stock. On me it is a perfect wearable berry colour - light for a berry but darker than my natural lip colour. So far I absolutely love it - think it's going to be my go-to for fall.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by digg1

This color is quite sheer since it's a Lustre but yet even with a single application the color payoff is quite good.With a few more layers it becomes more opaque whilst keeping the lightweight sensation you get after the first application.
It's quite shiny by itself so you could probably skip wearing lipgloss with this lipstick.
Now Lustre isn't my favorite finish just because it wears off quite easily but if you're looking for an easy to wear everyday pink that doesn't feel "heavy" then Syrup would be a good choice. Smells great too!

A similar shade in the Cremesheen finish if you prefer that would be Hot Gossip.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Charmer7

I bought syrup as an impulse off the website. I gotta say I'm HAPPY with it. Its slightly lighter than my lips but very pretty. I was searching for a neutral but not so nude and I think this is the one, people say it compliments my nc30 skin. I'll wear it with a smokey eye or all natural and am happy with the results. It is a lustre so the staying power is short lived but I don't mind it. It doesn't dry my lips and is a bit glossy but not lipgloss glossy and you must lightly moisturize before application. I will buy it again +++

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by luna2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

kinda too "mauve-y" for my taste.. i expected it to be more pink..
wont buy it again..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by katrinaviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this when I was looking for a very neutral lipstick that would just enhance the natural pink of my lips (I am fair skinned- NC20- with fairly light colored lips). I kind of like the lack of strong pigmentation in this because that's what I was going for. I wanted my lips to look richer and pinker so that one might think I just have really beautiful lips but not that I was necessarily wearing makeup. May sound like a silly reason to buy a lipstick, but works for me! Very moisturizing and easy to apply without a mirror. Wears off kind of quickly, but it wears off well (not uneven/chunky/striated) which is worth it for me. I imagine this would be very nice on ladies with darker skin/lips as well and would probably show up quite nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by surf222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is a cool tone pinky purple sheer lipstick. Therefore I can only put this on lightly so it doesn't look too purple. This is not a long wearing lipstick as it wears off quickly. The color looks great and goes on smoothly. I would definitely repurchase this lipstick!