December 21, 2014 | 1580 users online

Blush - NARS - Desire

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by greenie106

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A must have! Although the color may seem very bright at first sight, it goes on a perfectly pink shade. What I love most about this blush is that it lasts well throughout the day with a continous glow! I plan on purchasing more of Nars' blushes. This is defintely a must have caboodle item :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 4:39:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had been lusting after Desire for so long that I finally broke down and bought it. I confess to being frightened by it in the pan (pictures don't do it justice - this blush is BRIGHT!) but found that using a stippling brush this ensured a sheer, yet adequate application. That being said, this is extremely natural looking once it's on. I also own MACs Pink Swoon, and if I were to compare the two I think that Desire is loads more natural looking and less "Omg, bright pink!" than what Pink Swoon is. Desire is more of a soft magenta than a bright pink like the pan depicts, which is what makes it so unique. I love that it's so pigmented because I know at the rate at which I use it, it will last me forever. A very beautiful blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by puccimisuu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I DESIRE this product!the color is very pigmented!I love it although its pricey but its worth it.You get what you pay for,its very light and not cakey when you apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by jmcoley

No matter how many other blushes I buy, I always end up reaching for Desire. In the winter I have very fair skin, and Desire gives the perfect "just in from the cold" natural flush. It may look intimidating and crazy in the pan, but it is a buildable color and is beautiful when applied appropriately. I use a MAC 187 to apply a light dusting of Desire to the apples of my cheeks, and love the result. It might look a little scary at first, but Desire is truly beautiful and worth the price tag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE this blush. Personally, this should be renowned as a universally flattering color instead of Orgasm. Looks good on ANYONE... pale and tan skins alike. I actually think this looks extra gorgeous on colored women :) It literally gives me the color of my natural flush. Honestly, you don't necessarily NEED a 187 to apply this- I gently tap the product on my 129 and slowly build intensity.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by 11Bambi

LOVE this blush. My Mac Dollymix recently broke (boo!!) so this was my fucshia replacement. Yes, it's intimidating but it can be applied with a light hand easily and it is truly amazing. Works really well with chocolate brunette hair and simple liquid eyeliner. Would def repurchase but since a little goes a long way that will take a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been eyeing this blush for quite some time and recently decided to buy one, as it is like no other blush in my collection. Yes, it is a freaky clown like pink in the pan, but if applied lightly (I will only use a MAC #187 brush as the #116 cheek brush applies this too heavily), it gives a gorgeous glow that is hard to get from other blushes. I think this blush is easier for medium to dark skin tones to pull off, but I've seen lighter skinned beauties pull this off well. It isn't a blush I reach for often, but it's good to have in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 6:04:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'd been secretly lusting after DESIRE for years, but always shied away after seeing how shockingly bright it is in the pan. However I recently bought the Danmari All About Cheeks palette by NARS and this is one of the featured shades, so I finally gave it a go.

DESIRE can no longer be bought on it's own [at least in the UK], so that alone is enough to prevent me from regretting splurging on this palette. DESIRE looks fluorescent in the pan, but it applies sheer and matt, and is lovely and cheerful on my skin. I surprised by how surprisingly easy DESIRE is for me to pull off; It is a naturally 'flushed' tone on my n10 skin.

Most importantly, it wears well - I'll apply it in the morning and it will last until I take it off at the end of the day. NARS is a pricey brand, but the quality is unbeatable.

The only thing to watch out for is that almost every other blush by NARS goes with any makeup look, so you don't really need to think twice picking one up out of your makeup bag in the mornings. However, you do have to be careful with which eye and lip shades you wear this brighter blush with. I prefer to play it safe, by pairing it with shimmery nude eye shadows and glossy pink lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Magdusia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I needed a pure pink this winter to help me achieve a just-in-from-the-cold look more often. I wouldn't have given this product a second glance a year ago; it's that freaky looking in the compact. The quality of the powder itself is what did it for me. It's highly pigmented and fine-milled - barely perceptible up close. The resulting color is a much more delicate pink, but there's still a relative brightness to it in comparison to the run-of-the-mill doll-like pink. A delicate neon pink, if that makes sense... It also looks warmer on my skin that I expected. Works best with an ultra soft brush and a light hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by mspinkcotton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Where I bought it: I got this in the 2011 Limited Edition Danmari All About Cheeks Palette from Sephora. It came with five other shades including Orgasm, Super Orgasm, Hungry Heart, Casino, and Desire.

My skin color: I had never tried a hot pink blush before because I was afraid it would look bad on my skin (I wear MUFE HD 140, which i think translates to NC25-NC30; I'm South Asian; I have golden-yellow undertones and a medium-light skin color).

How I feel: This is now my HG blush. I love how it makes me look healthy. It is definitely buildable so with a light touch my cheeks would be glowy and I could build the blush on more to look flushed. I'm sure if I built it enough I could look like a clown :) jk.

How it compares: I love this blush just as much as I love my elf blush in Glow. I suppose I love looking healthy and glowy.

How I apply it: I use a round fluffy blush brush. Specifically the blush brush by Real Techniques sold at Ulta in the US.

How it wears: I wore this blush over bare skin once and it lasted throughout the day. My cheeks are normal (not oily or dry). I wore this over primer when my skin was oilier (that time of the month -_-) and it lasted the night. I was surprised it didn't fade out even though I forgot to powder my oily skin :)

Should you buy it? If you want to invest in an expensive blush, go for it. If you want a cheaper dupe, I'd say go for any hot pink blush that has good reviews. I'm sure elf has a blush that compares.