Shu Uemura Brow Pencil

4.6

hydrogenated castor oil, stearic acid, cera microcristallina/microcrystalline wax, candelilla cera/candelilla wax, carnauba/carnauba wax, rhus succedanea/rhus succedanea fruit wax, hydrogenated coconut oil, hydrogenated palm kernal oil, [ /-may contain: mica, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499/iron oxides, CI 77891/titanium dioxide]

on 4/29/2009 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this is being discontinued, at least in Seal Brown! got an email notice from Sephora!!! i could cry, this is my HG.

on 4/21/2009 1:08:00 AM

I have very sparse eyebrows and want a filler that looks very natural.(as if they are my natural brows) When I went to the Shu counter, the lady who works at the counter recommended Seal Brown. It has flat tip which makes application very easy to control and fast. You can never overdo your brows with this. Even if you do, just use your fingers to rub off the excess.
My only complaint is that it's expensive ($28 Cdn before taxes) and I cannot sharpen the flat tip myself. The lady told me that I can just bring it back to the counter whenever it needs sharpening and they can do it for me in 10 minutes. However, I think it's really worth it. High quality product and very easy to use.

on 4/13/2009 5:08:00 PM

I've never quite gotten the hang of filling out my eyebrows b/c I naturally have pretty dark brows and I always felt like they looked too dark if I added applied anything to them. This Shu pencil allows me to lengthen my brows and fill any sparse spots in while still looking very natural. I got it in Seal Brown several months ago and the pencil tip is still as long as when I first bought it. I suspect this pencil just might last me for my whole life. So it's an excellent buy and well worth the price!

Oh, this is so close to being HG. Unfortunately, as everyone's pointed out, this works by grabbing on to the eyebrows you already have. So for someone who really needs to work on filling out a bald spot at the end of my eyebrows, this does tend to take a bit of effort at making the colour catch on and also fades after 7 or so hours. But it is still absolutely the most natural eyebrow pencil I have ever used (I'm using Acorn and have dyed reddish-brown hair) and very difficult to overdo. Worth the price, which is RM 65 in Malaysia.

on 4/4/2009 10:06:00 AM

Ok, this is expensive for a brow pencil, but you will have it forever because it is very long. Also, the color seal brown is the perfect color for a lot of people because it has very little red in it. When I'm light blonde or dark blonde or light brunette, I use this. The pencil doesn't distribute a ton of color to your brows, so you can control the amount of product that you use. It's genious; I love it. HG

on 3/12/2009 4:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Absolutely amazing product. I only have half eyebrows so I need to draw them on every day. This product gives the most amazing results. It is a hard formula, so the product does not release too much color at once. That also goes for how long the product lasts. Ive used it for almost 2 weeks now, but I have not needed to sharpen it at all yet. It is very buildable to get a very natural finish. The color is perfect. I use seal brown by the way. And it stays on all day. It does not wear off like many other eyebrown products that Ive tried. The price is a bit much, but with the size and result it is worth it.

on 2/23/2009 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS! I'm asian and every brow product I've tried has made my brows look unnatural. I prefer not to use brow powders because it doesn't have really good staying power. I have very sparse brows so I need to fill them in a bit and this does it for me! It's quite expensive at Holts ($29 CDN or something like that) but I think it's worth it plus it lasts a long time!

on 2/19/2009 10:00:00 PM

I have never used many products for my brows before (except for my mum's Estee lauder brow pan thingy with 2 shades so you can customise your brow colour) so I sadly cannot make a market comparison. I bought this only because of the terrific reviews here on MUA but I can truly say I'm NOT DISSAPOINTED! :)

I hate overly-dark brows that look fake - this includes tatoo-ed brows and poorly drawn-on brows. Seal brown is a perfect brown-black colour that shows up very naturally on your brows when you pencil it on. I find that with brows, it's really hard to see how dark they've become when drawing them on until you step back and realise you look like an utter fool. This NEVER happens with Shu because it doesn't deposit as much colour with pressure. This is excellent as you can control just how much colour you want on your brows. I'm quite fair, and my hair (as well as my brows) are fine so dark brows look too severe on me.

There's an angled brush on the other side of the pencil - stiff and sturdy bristles which you blend the colour in with so you don't see a horrible linear, arched dark brown line. The only packaging imperfection is the fact that when you close the cap over the brush on the brush side, the bristles always get caught so they lose their shape over time. I always try to be carefuly when closing the cap yet this still happens, so Shu should really make the brush smaller (not so ideal) or the cap width wider (a better alternative).

on 2/7/2009 5:58:00 PM

*****update: this is the worst pencil I have ever used on my brows. I honestly don't beleive why it's popular. It will only work if your brows are oily, so after washing your face you must wait an hour to let the natural oils come out and it is still hard to draw on, it irritates my skin from pressing so hard and pulls out my brow hairs. My HG is Anastasia perfect brow pencil. It is niether soft nor hard, it's PERFECT. The color is perfect in a medium ash brown, it's sweatproof, waterproof but not rubproof.

I went to Neiman Marcus to buy this after reading the reviews, I didn't want to wait by having it mailed. I tried the h9 seal browns at the store and it seemed perfect: went on easily and there was ABSOLUTELY NO REDDISH TONES.

When I got home I washed my brows with my cleanser so I could really try it out. It would not color at all! I couldn't understand why, it went on at the store. Then I remembered what everyone said in the reviews and even the sales lady said it: it works with the natural oils on the skin. Since I washed my skin, I removed the oils. That is definately a negative so 1 lippie off. I rubbed a bit of oil on my fingers and wiped off with a towel then rubbed my finger on my eyebrows to transfer some of the oil. (Even though it seemed as if there was no oil on my finger, there is a slight residue which was enought.) Then I tried again with the pencil and it worked better.

Kevin Aucoin WAS my HG, now this pencil is. The KA did have a slight reddish tone, this pencil does not at all. Looks more natural. FYI: I barely have eyebrows, I'm 40 and they started falling out at 25. Sucks. But this is the best thing next to the real thing. I wake up and quickly appy eye brows, that is how bad I look without them.

I read about maybelline's brow pencil in charcoal gray but I cound't try it b/c it has been discontinued. This pencil will literally last me a lifetime, it's a very long pencil with hard lead that does not wear out.

Another fantastic Shu Uemura product.. I've used many brow pencils before (eg Christian Dior, Shiseido etc) but this pencil has all the others beat. The colour looks natural enough to blend into my natural but sparse eyebrows but adds a clean definition to them.

I did not bother to get this professionally sharpened at the Shu Uemura counter and haven't noticed it being difficult to use. I love the colour... for the first time in a long time, my eyebrows don't look angry :-) - which was my main peeve with eyebrow pencils or shadows from other brands.

The only (teeny) gripe I have is the clear plasticky cap for the pencil. I can definitely see myself losing it or cracking it soon!

Price is absolutely unbeatable for the amount you get and the quality of this product. I definitely recommend it.

Popular Brows Products