April 18, 2014 | 1810 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by brittanyxoxo

I bought this primer about a month ago. I put it on with not foundation to let it settle and so i could see the effect. To me it felt like I was rubbing wax into my face. I only use a pea sized amount. Once It settled in I thought it looked okay it did not really make my pores less noticeable. I wore this primer for about four hours before washing it off. Within the four hours of wearing it the primer did terrible damage to my skin. It broke me out so bad. I have never had a primer break my skin out like this primer. I treated my face two times a day for a week and was still broken out from this primer. My face rarely has crazy breakouts like this. I offered to let my mother give it a try and it did not break her out and it did not shrink her pores. Overall it does keep her foundation in place. Bottom line is no I would not repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Leslie5905

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this primer, but wish I got more for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by BrittGlass32510

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've NEVER been a fan of primers or bought into the whole hype of them, BUT this has definitely changed my mind. I got the sample size as a point perk from Sephora. It has some amazing ingredients in it, first of all. Retinol, which is GREAT for the skin, and other vitamins as well. It really does help to smooth the overall texture of the skin, and I feel it helps my makeup go on smoothly and last longer. I am thinking of purchasing the full size once I run out of this one :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by velvetsnow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Grey

I absolutely love this primer. I have tried a ton from the drugstore (both HC primers, Maybelline, Revlon, and L'Oreal). I got it as a sample from Sephora and have been using it for two weeks.

Like everyone said, you only need a small amount of product to cover your entire face, if you use too much it feels heavy (but it won't "pill" like other primers).
I have used mineral powder foundation (cheap sephora brand), NARS sheer glow, neutrogena healthy skin etc. and it all looks so flawless and not cakey....and I don't know about you guys but sometimes my foundation wears off unevenly especially around my nose and it looks...ashy? But with this primer, it didn't do that! I didn't even see any excess oil creasing up my fdtn. =]

Overall, I am seriously considering buying the full size of this product instead of shelling out $30+ looking for a drugstore alternative that will suck...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by PixiewithSticks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

I didn't like this product, while it did make my face feel soft and a little goes a very long way: it felt too heavy on my skin. The feeling on my skin should have let me know this wasn't going to work but I went ahead and tried it anyway and it made my skin produce twice as much oil as it usually does. Now, the foundation and makeup was staying on underneath it except the excess oil production meant I was using blotting papers which inevitably did take off the makeup. So, for me, this product just didn't work. My mom tried it (early 50s) and it broke her out. :( While I didn't notice any redness like my mom did, when I used this product I did experience a light burning sensation. Since I didn't have any kind of discoloration etc. with it, I just ignored the feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by macadelic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this on black Friday with a bronzer and lip gloss, all for $18.
I LOVE THIS!
I have tried a lot of primers (Benefit, Rimmel, Revlon, etc) and this is the only one I have LOVED. I love that it's tinted, gives me that extra coverage under my foundation that I need! And this seriously gets rid of my huge pores! Not even Porefessional did that. To me, it feels kinda.. greasy? But once it's on my face I can't feel it, so no lippie deduction. And it doesn't make me break out!
I will try to find another tinted primer that's cheaper, but if I can't, I will come back to this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really lovely primer, Too Faced never fails on making the best cruelty free makeup and tools. It is very expensive for the amount you get $38CAD for 1oz of product. But the plus side is that you don't need to use that much at all. It glides on beautifully and gives you a nice clean slate for your foundation. It has no strong scent which is a plus and does not break me out at all. It makes your face super silky and keeps your foundation on ALL day and I work in a hot and humid kitchen and my face makeup still stays on like it did in the morning. It has great shine control and the packaging is super cute, but what else do you expect from Too Faced? I would definitely buy this again and recommend it to anyone who wants a really good quality primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i was a big fan of the powdered version and got this as a sample when i bought the shadown primer. i am absolutly loving this primer, i have largish pores and even though they dont completely dissapear, they are diminished, and keep my foundation on perfectly. i still occasionally top off my foundation with the powder version to seal everything, but this works wonders with out it too. i think its slightly pricey for what you get, BUT i have had no issues with it, and a little does go a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love the way this makes my skin feel. It's one of the few I've used that convincingly disguises my dry patches on my cheeks. It even does a decent job of smoothing out the fine lines under my eyes. I'm not a fan of the price, but I'm learning that trying to find cheaper alternatives isn't actually cheaper in the long run. I've gone through many disappointing alternatives to this. I go through a tube of this primer in about 6 months. I love the packaging, it's cute but not bulky, easy to use, and hygienic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received 2 deluxe samples from Sephora and i'm on my first one and I do really like it. I didn't really notice much color from the primer but my pores and skin did look really good before I put on my BB Cream which glided right on and is still on perfectly. I'm normally not a face primer person normally just the eyes(UD,Tarte,or TF) but I really like this primer and actually would fork over the money for full size because of the no animal testing.
That's a big deal to me as I try to only us cruelty free. I love how soft my skin feels and how even in the restaurant tonight where i was abnormally hot my face didn't budge:) That alone is worth it to me because I have these moments where I get so hot and if my makeup stays on I'm a happy girl. I'm looking forward to trying more TF products.

I already like their eye and lip so this is a nice new addition. I do recommend it for skin that just needs a silky smooth base to apply their foundation,TM,BB,whatever. It really gives you that smooth canvas that makes it very hard to mess up which I love. Plus it really makes your MU last which is a must for me. For the price you do get what you pay for and yes, it is a lot but it worked very well so I'm sold.