Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crossploymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cyclodextrin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Retinol, Diacetyl Boldine, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Polysorbate 80, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hedra Helix (Ivy) Extract, BHT, Cycloheptasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bioflavonoids, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Allantoin, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Love this however the only reason it gets one star off it Benefits Pore-fessional primer is the ultimate and slightly better.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This primer actually made me break out. I thought it was really oily. But it can also be because I have oily skin. But it made my t zone oily thru out the day. But make my face really silky when applying.

I've been using the nude colored (old) version in the flat pink tube. $30 is pretty high, so if I lost it...not sure if I would buy again! I always cleanse my face and prep skin with toner/balancing water & moisturizer. Primer is an essential first step to my makeup routine.

Texture - reminded me of Smashbox primer - hard to describe, but I imagine if you put face powder and a gel or emulsion in a Kitchen-Aid mixer on high...you get this velvety, whipped, powdery gel texture. The product isn't like a moisturizer/lotion where you massage it into your skin and it disappears. It feels like I am adding a thin layer of product on my skin that smooths everything out. Sounds like that's a bad thing to have a layer of product just sitting on your skin, but it actually doesn't feel like it. Next thing you know, when you are ready to apply foundation, it feels like it's gone.

Lasting Power - After cordial hugs with people, my mac foundation likes to cling to someone else's shoulder or collar. WIth this primer underneath, I feel like my Mac Liquid Foundation stays put & lasts a lot longer on my skin than with my other primer I currently have, Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer. My skin still looks smooth & coverage is still there after a completely full day (not just a work day, from 10a-9pm!).

Mattifying - I have an oily T-zone, so this helps with that.

As much as I love the coverage, I normally don't like to wear the Mac foundation I purchased too often because it always feels cakey, heavy, and just sits on my skin, waiting to jump onto someone else's clothing. After pairing it with this primer, I can wear this foundation again & more often!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Surprisingly, this is working for me. I apply it only to my t-zone & it prevents my base makeup from sliding off. This works much better than my Hourglass mineral veil, which is double the price, so I am pretty happy with it. No scent to it but I did notice a funky scent to the bronze version.

I bought this on a whim at Sephora and do not like it. It makes me greasier sooner and doesnt fill in pores the way I had hoped. My Clinique pore minimizer is much better. This is going back, sadly.

i have combo/oily skin with what I consider to be big pores. This product does next to nothing for me. At first it seems to fill pores and minimize lines, but once my foundation is applied..no matter which one or how I apply, my pores are very visible again. I also don't feel that this primer makes my makeup last longer, and it doesn't keep me shine free either.

Like I said, it doesn't seem to do a whole lot. I will NOT be repurchasing, and im just finishing up my current tube and moving on

I really had high hopes for this primer, but unfortunately, it hasn't worked out for me. I don't notice much of a difference when I apply this primer (versus not using a primer), other than my skin getting oily much faster than usual. I've tried it with several different foundations in hopes of making it work, but I've had no luck.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

EDIT: I was wowed by this to begin with, but after daily usage, it's not as amazing as I thought at first. It still does all the things that impressed me, but my skin doesn't look brilliant. Maybe a bit dull, and foundation can look a bit kind of 'cracked'. It is really good at keeping shine at bay though. Too expensive to repurchase, but I'm really glad I gave it a whirl and I'll use up the tube before going on with my search :)

********************************************************

Finally a primer that primes! I've been disappointed a few times with highly recommended primers, and had been swithering over this for ages and was sooo reluctant to chuck money at yet another product that I would use once and regret buying.

I'm really glad I bought it. I have crappy skin, with a few spots, acne scarring and it's always oily before lunchtime but this has been a real game-changer.

I want a primer to smooth my skin, and make my make-up last longer, I don't want skincare-in-disguise or all-day hydration or any of that stuff. An undercoat is all I'm looking for.

This went on beautifully, left my skin feeling more velvety, the tint disappeared on application, and it rubbed in without any balling or residue or anything.

When I put my foundation on over it, I immediately noticed a difference. One of the big problems I have with my foundation is that when I'm rubbing it on, it feels like it's just melting into my skin like a moisturiser, and most of it disappears on my fingertips. With this I noticed a slight resistance, and it felt like my foundation had something to apply to.

The result was a smooth finish of foundation, which lasted really well in spite of humidity and hot rain (classic Glasgow June weather!) and everything stayed evenly on the surface of my skin where it's supposed to be.

I will do an update in a few weeks once I know how my skin reacts in the long-term. But so far I'm delighted.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I got this because it was tinted, and since I was looking for a primer to smooth over and hide the pores on my nose, it made sense to me especially since the summer is coming up and I am looking to use less makeup. So in my mind, the thought was, "hm...tinted primer. It would cover up my pores kinda like a freakishly good tinted moisturizer, and I can get away with just a dusting of bronzer and powder." WRONG. This primer is crap. Don;t even get bought into the tinted aspect because it disappears into the skin like a clear primer. In fact, you can see every single bit of pore that was there before the application. I recently sampled another primer which was a white cream, and it covered up my pores and left no trace of white. So this was just a complete waste of money. I actually got a swap for the Rimmel primer which arrived on the same day as this primer (which ordered online from Beauty.com), and the Rimmel primer, which was a weird orangy-peach color actually covered up my pores that I walked out of my apartment in just the primer on my nose and blush. I even tried layering this under the Rimmel primer, just to see what happened, and the the Rimmel primer was better on its own - albeit it dried down and seeped unattractively into my pores in an hour (too bad!). Nevertheless, the point is, I was better off with the cheap primer than this. Argh...I am so pissed I spent money on this crap.

This product contains retinol, which is an anti aging ingredient. Retinol should not be used during the day. Furthermore, people who just started using retinol will face breakout for the first few weeks.

Popular Primer/ Correctors