November 24, 2014 | 1956 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by juliastockholm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the most over-hyped products in the entire world. I had read so much about it, on forums, blogs, in magazines, everywhere I turned, someone seemed to be praising the crap out of it.

When I found it on the internet in my country, I did not hesitate. I thought that would be €40 well spent. You can only buy Too Faced on the internet here, and I'm thinking that is probably because if you could try before you buy- nobody would buy.

I do not have large pores, wrinkles or acne - all I wanted was a smooth base that would have makeup stay put and just make the end result look kind of flawless. If that is what you are after too, this is not the product you need. This will add a layer of stuff to your face and make you feel a bit greasy. Vaseline can do that at a fraction of the price.

If you have €40 to spare, I suggest giving it to charity rather than to Too Faced. TF is just an updated version of what Wet and Wild was in the nineties. Except the lash queen mascara, which is fun to play around with for a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by VioletxGein

Holy grail primer! I am actually willing to pay any amount for this primer. It really does give me a poreless look and masks my imperfections. You only need a small amount of this for it to work wonders. Too much and it will make your face look oily. This helps my powder foundation and concealer last all day and night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Too Faced Primed&Poreless is the brand's "skin smoothing face primer". Too Faced calls Primed&Poreless "a one-of-a-kind makeup primer that was scientifically formulated to wear under bronzers and foundation powders, or alone, to achieve the look of flawless skin without makeup. Vitamins A&C, mulberry extract, and a powerful dose of retinol virtually banish pores while tired skin is left hydrated, firmer, and detoxified. Primed&Poreless creates the perfect canvas to allow powders, bronzers, and foundations to airbrush onto the skin seamlessly and perfectly blended. Skin appears brighter, fresher, and younger. Color stays true and stays in place all day". Well that was thorough, I definitely know what to expect from this primer now. Too Faced' primer is pretty popular, so I was excited to try it in the 5g (.17 oz) tube I got in the Beauty Editor Darlings value kit, which I bought at Ulta for $19. The full size 1fl oz tube retails for $30, Too Faced also offers a .5fl oz size for $15. This primer has proved so popular that Too Faced has expanded their Primed&Poreless line to include three or four other products. Primed&Poreless is vegan friendly and paraben free. Too Faced does not test on animals. This primer was made in America.
Like just about all Too Faced products, Primed&Poreless has lovely, feminine packaging. This primer comes in a light pink squeeze tube. The Too Faced logo and product name grace the front of the tube along with some directions. My sample tube has a needle nosed dispenser, which may differ from the full sized version. The cap doesn't really like to stay on, which is the packaging's only flaw.
Primed&Poreless is similar to Benefit's Porefessional, but with a creamier texture and slightly yellower tone. Primed&Poreless smooths over the skin with ease. A little goes a long way, I need only a small pea sized amount to coat my chin, nose, and cheeks. Too Faced' pore reducing primer doesn't completely erase the look of pores, but I'd say it blurs them about 50%, they disappear even more once foundation is applied. Primed&Poreless slight yellowy tone seems to correct the redness that often accompanies larger pores. Primed&Poreless isn't just great for pores, it fills and smooths over fine lines. This primer feels lighter on the skin than both Benefit's Porefessional and Tarte's Poreless primer, probably because of the creamier formula. Unlike Tarte's Poreles primer, Too Faced' does not cause clogged pores, nor does Primed&Poreless seem to control oil and prolong the wear of foundation, but then again it's hard for me to tell since I don't really tend to have foundation issues in the first place.
I really enjoy Too Faced Primed&Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer. The creamy texture is pleasant to work with. The translucent yellow tinge is very corrective. Primed&Poreless does a good job of masking both pores and fine lines without causing breakouts. Packaging is gorgeous and function. I think I might save my pennies and buy the .5fl oz tube, I think it's worth the price, especially since I only need a little bit for each application. If you're hunting for a pore minimizing face primer, why not try Too Faced Primed&Poreless, I think it may be the best of the three high end pore reducing primers I've tried (even though I like them all)!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by dwducky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I'm one of those people that just feels naked without using primer under a foundation, given that fact, its inevitable that i've tried many primers over the years. This one is one of the best, its creamy and velvety. even though i dont have big pores or bad skin by any means, I do feel like this one really smooths out my skin. after applying my foundation I notice that my skin looks flawless. Sometimes this can make my face feel a little greasy so I marked it down, but I've purchased this a few times when i get sick of the one i finished up. I'll continue to purchase on occasion but it will never be a staple product for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I have combination skin - normal on the forehead and t-zone & dry on my cheeks. Due to the type of skin I have, I don't need primer for everyday wear, nor do I need to powder throughout the day. However, I like to use primer for special occasions to ensure that my foundation stays picture perfect/fresh especially if I am going to be under bright lights for pictures or dancing.

I honestly don't know how to describe the consistency of this because it's not a gel, nor is it a cream. It's kind of like a mousse, but not really. I find that the consistency goes on very even all over the face and does not feel heavy/caked on.

It somewhat 'blurs' my pores, but not by much - pores aren't a big issue for me so I don't really care about this aspect of the product. It does make my foundation look a lot nicer in that my pores look less visible. It definitely prolongs the wear of my foundation to 7+ hours in which I stay matte (I use a matte foundation), and my foundation looks perfect. In addition, I find that it also makes my bronzer, concealer, blush stay on longer.

No detected/uncomfortable scent and does not make me break out. The tiniest amount of this goes far. It really makes me look like my foundation has been airbrushed on, so I definitely really like this primer a little more than MUFE HD primer because it actually does more than just prolong the wear of my foundation.

No SPF - looks good in photos, will not give a white-cast in photos.
***There is also the Primed & Poreless SPF 20 Bronze Tint Face Primer, which is exactly the same thing, and does the same thing as this primer. The only difference is that it does give a tiny bit of bronze tint - not that noticeable and has SPF.

Retails for $30 at Sephora. TBH, I would repurchase this because it does an amazing job at keeping me looking fresh throughout long periods and photographs well. It's worth it too since you don't need a lot

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

This is an ok primer. It does smooth out your pores and feels very nice and somewhat silicone-y on your face. I use it when I am out of my other favorite primers from Hourglass and Tarte. I would repurchase it just because it is so easy to get your hands on a deluxe sized sample which is great for traveling.

The only reason I am sometimes on the fence about it is because if you don't let your moisturizer REALLY set into your skin this primer kind of balls up as you apply it which I don't like.

I find this applies the same on my combo/oily skin as benefit porefessional....both are nice but not my favorite

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

SIGH!!!! I wanted to Love Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer but I cant.
First, it did say "Skin Smoothing" Well, when I first put this primer on (and I tried it several times), it appeared to be skin smoothing. For about 15 or 20 minutes. Long enough to get a BB cream over it. I mean, Tarte BB cream glided on like silk over this. Then, within 30 minutes, my face FELT dry. I went and looked in the mirror. My face LOOKED dry. The fine lines around my eyes and all dry patches were MAGNIFIED! YUCK! I even tried this with a good moisturizer under it and still no go.
Oh, and the weird colour. Some sort of clayish pinkish colour. It comes out to a weird pink glow, even under Tarte 12-hour BB primer. Granted, that is sheer coverage. But, it STILL shouldn't have a weird pinkish glow. And not glow in a good way but in a sort of sickening salmon pink colour.
I can say that it initially appeared to minimize my pores (which are not huge in the first place) somewhat. Even that effect does not last.

So, I have a primer that makes my skin look worse, gives me an odd salmon pink hideous cast and glowing of that colour no less AND makes a really good bb cream look bad. Hmmmm....negative lippies....

Don't even try this if you have very fair dry skin. Or at least do not try it unless you have a sample or GWP, like I did. Because the results are scarey. I would give it 2 lippies if this even came in a neutral shade but it doesn't.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really good primer. It makes my face so smooth, its unbelievable. I mix this with my foundation of choice (Revlon Colorstay in Rich Ginger) and the application is soooo effortless with just my fingers. It helps the foundation to blend into nothingness with no visible streaks or outline or anything. It feels luxurious without feeling slick or greasy.

This is a definite must have/repurchase :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by carolinelovesbunnies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this in a gift set as a deluxe sample size. I thought I would like this primer as I do like a good primer and I love Too Faced products. Sadly, this did nor work for me. I tried it for 2 weeks to give it a true try, and with different makeups, but still no luck. It is thicker/heavier feeling than I like, feeling like a dry yet smooth wax. It does immediately make pores appear smaller, but this effect lass only about an hour. It also makes flaky skin stand out terribly. It did not help my makeup wear at all.

It is tinted, and darker than my fair (but not super fair) skin tone. I could see the tinting of is to bother some with super fair skins, those who don't want to appear darker, or those whose very yellow-based skin tones do not match with this. I think it is tinted to give the illusion of calming skin irritation, blemishes, etc.... But don't be fooled... It's merely an illusion. It did not provide any of these benefits.

Above all, it broke me out terribly.... Continually and terribly! I am still battling the aftermath. It gave me dry flaky parches, spots and did not help my makeup wear any better or longer. I would not recommend this primer at all.

I would highly recommend the Hourglass oil-free primer to anyone interested in a cruelty-free primer. For an effective yet cheaper primer, i would suggest the Rimmel primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Vstar13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This primer is the holy grail of all primers. I will never use anything else!!! Holds my make up in place all day/night,does NOT dry my skin out or make it oily,and makes my skin feel like silk. I had no idea wearing make up could be so comfortable until I tried this :))