October 24, 2014 | 1862 users online

Cleansers - Bobbi Brown - Cleansing Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by sarahkkelleher

EUGH I keep telling myself that I will listen to peoples reviews but sometimes I just get so excited about a product I read the review then ignore it!! this product is great at removing my makeup buttttt a couple of days after using it nightly I got really bad spots those ones under your skin! So I stopped using it then few weeks later tried it again and same thing happened..Im really sad I love it as a make up remover but my skin hates it :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 8:43:00 AM More reviews by michybabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a few samples of this. Never tried it on my face after noticing that everybody said it clogged their pores... I used it on my hand, and it does remove makeup well, but honestly I think the Shu Uemura oils work a lot better.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2009 6:01:00 PM More reviews by kiefer5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cleansing oil really dried and irritated my skin. However I have found that almost every cleansing oil has dried out my skin. It says this oil cleanser can take off eye makeup but it really irritated my eyes even though I kept them closed when I cleansed. This has the best scent and the company should make a body lotion with this scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by mcarpio

Light, cleanses without stripping and it isn't overly greasy. This is a very gentle product and yet my face is clean once used. I live in Jersey, I noticed that my skin dries out in the winter and is hydrated and almost glowing in the summer -regardless of humidity. This being said I have an acne prone and oily T-zone complexion -I used to strip my face clean w/the regular OTC cleaners and some expensive products as well -for acne prone skin. Needless to say I stopped everything, and started from scratch, no harsh chemicals, basic cleaning (w/BB cleansing oil) moisturizer and serums. And presto less oily complexion and less freakin pimples!!! Go figure. This is part of my cleansing ritual, at least for the winter, I loved "Fresh" Soy Face Cleanser for the summer and will probably go back to it during the summer months, but for the wintery outside cold and heated inside rooms, BB cleansing oil will be a keeper.....Until further notice.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 10:05:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

STAY AWAY FROM THIS!

I had tried DHC, Fancl, Orbis cleansing oils before, and BB is the worst out of them. There is only 1 thing good about this: the smell. But otherwise, nothing special, and it under-performs...

This clogs my pores, and makes my forehead had those little bumps that won't go away but they will slowly emerge into acnes. Don't be fooled by the bottle, its volume is equal to DHC, and the price is 50% more than DHC (in my area - Asia). I am using this oil for cleansing the bumps on rest of my body instead of my face, this is a waste of money.

Oh and this leaves my skin feels dry after using...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by leslieal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this product is a worthwhile luxury. It's light, has a faint but lovely smell, and cleanses without stripping. It isn't overly greasy, which many oil cleansers are. It's an elegant product. The one thing it doesn't do is take off WP mascara well. It should, but doesn't. I had to reach for my trusty Chanel MU remover for this (was using Shu basic mascara). The packaging is beautiful - something you'll want to display on your sink. The tall bottle should last a while. This was an indulgence for me but one that I am not regretting. I haven't tried BB's older cleansers but have used oils before and this is the best oil cleanser I have used to date. I'd encourage anyone to at least sample this. UPDATE: After a few week's use I noticed this is cloggin my pores. Not horribly, but....yeah.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 9:35:00 AM More reviews by ultimagrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to second the other reviewer and say that I do like this product. I have used other cleansing oils in the past such as DHC and Aloette and have to say this product is comperable if not better. (I have to say I like the smell of DHC's oil better but that's not a deal breaker since Bobbi's oil does smell similar to the tonic which I LOVE). At any rate, I use two squirts for my face and one for my eyes when I use this. I find that it removes all my makeup and, unlike the previous reviewer, I do not feel the need to use a separate eye MU remover - this takes all mine off (and I'm using Bobbi's Perfectly Defined mascara and long wear liners). This rinses clean and I have had no issues with breakouts thus far. I don't remember all the ingredients listed but I know it contains olive oil, jojoba oil and lavender essense. There are certainly other ingredients but nothing that alarmed me and that's all I can remember without looking at the box. It's about $40 (roughly) which is a little more expensive than DHC's cleansing oil but I am pretty sure it's a larger container than DHC's so ounce for ounce the cost is probably comperable to DHC. I was definitely glad to see this since I don't care for the lathering tube soap and the exfoliating cleanser is being discontinued as well. So far I'm pleased and plan to repurchase as long as nothing crazy happens with my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, so since Bobbi decided to discontinue her rich cream cleanser I had to wait patiently for this to debut. I've only had it for a couple days, but so far I really like it. It removes all MU/SS except for WP/long-wear eye MU. So you'll need you're usual eye MU remover for that. Its consistency is very watery/runny its not a thick cleansing oil by any means, but it does the job and leaves your skin clean and soft. I've only had this product for a few days so after using for a month I'll give my final verdict and see if my "yes" will be changed to a "No" repurchase. It comes in a 6.7oz plastic pump bottle. for me 2-4 pumps is enough for my face and neck. Price tag is "expensive" if you're not used to buying HE skin care @ $38.00 + your local sales tax.

UPDATE: 09/14/09

Okay, so after having this for just over a month, I can say for sure that I will definitely be repurchasing this in the future. And I'll admit, I've been using this as my regular cleanser as well as my MU remover at night. And for almost twice daily use, I'm just a wee bit under half a bottle. So this is definitely worth the expense. I started using her Lathering Tube soap and I've really been enjoying that as well. SO all in all this is a great product for your money, it smells nice, does what it says, and looks chic on your vanity. You're also supposed to use this on dry skin, but I used it the the shower and for me it works just as well. Especially for days when I dont wear MU.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No