Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil

3.3

Isopropyl Palmitate, Triethylhexanoin, Isodecyl Isononanoate, Peg-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Polybutene, Triisostearin, Peg-8 Diisostearate, (Peg-12) Diisostearate, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Bixa Orellana Seed Extract, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Bisabolol, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Glyceryl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Water

on 3/8/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

i used this during the winter and it made my skin soo soft.. very gentle...although i do have to remove my makeup prior to this but no biggie.

on 1/26/2010 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used this product for more than 2 months, use it about 2-3 times a week at night. I could say this product does have great smell, very refreshing... I do have very oily skin, I have tried Fancl House few years ago but I hated it, it caused very bad acne and it just never go away after I used it.
It took me awhile to wanna try another cleansing oil, I have been using Lacome cleansing milk for years and I think its great for me, but I sort of wanna see any other products better than that.
Okay, so far I like this cleasing oil because it does have a good job for removing make up especially mascara. I don't need cotton pad anymore which is good. I do not find any traces of mascara anymore, but the Lancome one sometimes I still find some black mark around my eyes and I tend to need a lot product to clean it properly.
But one thing I have to point out is... it seems like my acne has come back a bit on my chin, I am not too sure is this because of the cleansing oil or sth to do with my hormone or whatsoever... so I will have update later and see how it goes, I hope it will not disappoint me since it is quite pricey :-)
Edit: I think this oil really make my acne worst, after I stop using it I don't have that much acne anymore. Quite disappointed as I thought this oil should be gentle....:-( I will try MAC and see how it goes.

on 11/5/2009 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Worked beautifully the first two days. Third day, face was covered in fine bumps and I have dry skin and am NOT prone to breakouts. Oh well.

EUGH I keep telling myself that I will listen to peoples reviews but sometimes I just get so excited about a product I read the review then ignore it!! this product is great at removing my makeup buttttt a couple of days after using it nightly I got really bad spots those ones under your skin! So I stopped using it then few weeks later tried it again and same thing happened..Im really sad I love it as a make up remover but my skin hates it :(

on 10/22/2009 8:43:00 AM

I received a few samples of this. Never tried it on my face after noticing that everybody said it clogged their pores... I used it on my hand, and it does remove makeup well, but honestly I think the Shu Uemura oils work a lot better.

on 10/19/2009 6:01:00 PM

This cleansing oil really dried and irritated my skin. However I have found that almost every cleansing oil has dried out my skin. It says this oil cleanser can take off eye makeup but it really irritated my eyes even though I kept them closed when I cleansed. This has the best scent and the company should make a body lotion with this scent.

on 10/2/2009 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Light, cleanses without stripping and it isn't overly greasy. This is a very gentle product and yet my face is clean once used. I live in Jersey, I noticed that my skin dries out in the winter and is hydrated and almost glowing in the summer -regardless of humidity. This being said I have an acne prone and oily T-zone complexion -I used to strip my face clean w/the regular OTC cleaners and some expensive products as well -for acne prone skin. Needless to say I stopped everything, and started from scratch, no harsh chemicals, basic cleaning (w/BB cleansing oil) moisturizer and serums. And presto less oily complexion and less freakin pimples!!! Go figure. This is part of my cleansing ritual, at least for the winter, I loved "Fresh" Soy Face Cleanser for the summer and will probably go back to it during the summer months, but for the wintery outside cold and heated inside rooms, BB cleansing oil will be a keeper.....Until further notice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

STAY AWAY FROM THIS!

I had tried DHC, Fancl, Orbis cleansing oils before, and BB is the worst out of them. There is only 1 thing good about this: the smell. But otherwise, nothing special, and it under-performs...

This clogs my pores, and makes my forehead had those little bumps that won't go away but they will slowly emerge into acnes. Don't be fooled by the bottle, its volume is equal to DHC, and the price is 50% more than DHC (in my area - Asia). I am using this oil for cleansing the bumps on rest of my body instead of my face, this is a waste of money.

Oh and this leaves my skin feels dry after using...

on 8/8/2009 4:17:00 PM

I think this product is a worthwhile luxury. It's light, has a faint but lovely smell, and cleanses without stripping. It isn't overly greasy, which many oil cleansers are. It's an elegant product. The one thing it doesn't do is take off WP mascara well. It should, but doesn't. I had to reach for my trusty Chanel MU remover for this (was using Shu basic mascara). The packaging is beautiful - something you'll want to display on your sink. The tall bottle should last a while. This was an indulgence for me but one that I am not regretting. I haven't tried BB's older cleansers but have used oils before and this is the best oil cleanser I have used to date. I'd encourage anyone to at least sample this. UPDATE: After a few week's use I noticed this is cloggin my pores. Not horribly, but....yeah.

on 8/6/2009 9:35:00 AM

I have to second the other reviewer and say that I do like this product. I have used other cleansing oils in the past such as DHC and Aloette and have to say this product is comperable if not better. (I have to say I like the smell of DHC's oil better but that's not a deal breaker since Bobbi's oil does smell similar to the tonic which I LOVE). At any rate, I use two squirts for my face and one for my eyes when I use this. I find that it removes all my makeup and, unlike the previous reviewer, I do not feel the need to use a separate eye MU remover - this takes all mine off (and I'm using Bobbi's Perfectly Defined mascara and long wear liners). This rinses clean and I have had no issues with breakouts thus far. I don't remember all the ingredients listed but I know it contains olive oil, jojoba oil and lavender essense. There are certainly other ingredients but nothing that alarmed me and that's all I can remember without looking at the box. It's about $40 (roughly) which is a little more expensive than DHC's cleansing oil but I am pretty sure it's a larger container than DHC's so ounce for ounce the cost is probably comperable to DHC. I was definitely glad to see this since I don't care for the lathering tube soap and the exfoliating cleanser is being discontinued as well. So far I'm pleased and plan to repurchase as long as nothing crazy happens with my skin!