NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 4/20/2015 11:16:00 AM

This is a very hyped up product! I personally bought this product after hearing so many things from Tanya Burr, a very popular make up artist on YouTube.

It is a pretty good foundation, however due to my dry skin, the phrase "sheer glow" was off putting. It dries to a semi-matte, almost satin finish, but definitely clung to my dry patches. After first applying (and after fully moisturizing and priming my face), it would look really nice, but after a couple hours, my dry patches were even more apparent.

So, I would not recommend this for dry skin, but I feel like this would be a lovely foundation for oily/normal skin. The color match was okay (a perfect match would've been between shades, but I wasn't willing to buy two foundations in one go), but I feel like there is a lack of shades (I see a lot of YouTube make up gurus having to mix shades for the perfect color). For dry skin, I really prefer using MAC Face and Body!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I waited a long time to get this foundation because I have always used Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NW35 and I didnt want to purchase a product that wasnt better than the mac foundation. Anyway, I did lots and lots of reserach (youtube, google images, makeupalley, etc) and I finally sucked up and brought it. I got it in the shade Barcelona which is a tad lighter for my skin but I dont mind that too much. I applied it this morning at 10 am and it looked very matte and beautiful on the skin. I went out with my one year old (which means running around like a crazy mum that I am) and came home at 3 pm. The foundation stilled looked good and more glowy than matte. I dont have oily skin so I never get that glowing look whatsoever but this foundation gives me just that and I am impressed. The only bad thing about this product is you get no pump for the price you pay which is annoying but I hate wasting product so I may purchase the pump soon.

Overall, if you're looking for a foundation for a more dewy, glowy look I would get this. Just beware that it comes with no pump.

on 4/18/2015 6:53:00 PM

This foundation is absolutely beautiful, it has definitely been hyped up a lot within the online make up community but definitely for good reason, one of my favourite foundations by far. I am in the colour Santa Fe and am NC25 in Mac foundations, I applied this foundation with a beauty blender and application is extremely effortless the makeup blends into your skin seamlessly and looks absolutely beautiful on. This foundation does not require a powder as it doesn't tend to get oily nor does it come off during the day, however you can set if if you like, I set my T zone, I have normal skin and the finish was still extremely dewy and radiant. The only down side of this foundation is that it does not come with a pump and does come at a high end price of £31 however you can purchase a Nars pump for £3 overall this foundation is a must for those who like dewy and radiant finishes, it's absolutely gorgeous and has all day lasting power will definitely buy again

on 4/16/2015 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

MY DREAM FOUNDATION. If you can get this in your shade, you have been BLESSED, my friend. It gave me the perfect glow and enhanced my skin the best I've ever seen any makeup attempt to do. No lines, did well in heat (for example: if I sweat, it wouldn't move around and then re-dry in random places causing my face to be uneven and blotchy), put the PERFECT glow on my complexion. Everything I've ever wanted in a foundation is IN THIS BOTTLE.

Sadly, my skin tone suddenly changed so I went back to go to a lighter color and the lightest shade they have is too yellow for me. My only wish is that Nars comes out with more shades - especially light pink tones. I am so depressed that I can't wear this anymore. But to everyone who is looking for a new foundation, THIS IS IT. THIS IS THE ONE FOR YOU.

on 4/15/2015 9:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Medium light coverage, satiny finish, it gives you a soft healthy glow, nice yellow undertones, wears all day long, easy to remove. Applies best with finger tips or a damp sponge/brush. I think it's meant to be applied in a very sheer way. It's not meant to be worn as a full coverage foundation.

on 4/14/2015 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Tried this for a month and here are my thoughts.... Pros: light, buildable coverage Cons: no pump, easily transfers, very yellow undertones (I am a NC40-Stromboli in Nars), oil slick by mid-day and makeup separated to uneven coverage after a few hours. I returned my bottle after a month of use. I wanted to try this bc all great reviews but think I'll go back to MUFE face & body, it's wayyyy better and about same price.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and acne scars and this foundation covers everything, if I want coverage I just grab a concealer brush and focus on the pimple or scar. It is very light weight, yet very natural. It does not help with the oilyness, but it is perfect with a mattifying powder in which you look natural and glowy but you aren't oily. I love it!

The downside to this is that it is very pricey and the packaging should have a pump (if you want to, you must purchase seperatly) which I believe is very unnecessary finding that it is already so pricey. But I love this product so it's worth it! (:

on 4/8/2015 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

beware there's no pump and it's just a bottle with a cap. huge fail in packaging that there's no pump without an additional purchase.

as for colour, got stromboli for my 4y07 sephora, nc35 mac skin. i am between that and punjab but find stromboli matches me quite well on my dry porous skin. i do see the illuminescence / glow on my skin and would repurchase. comparatively, laneige miracle doesn't have that glow i am looking for. i do, however, like the beyond the solution which has a glow as well, but may not be suitable for everyone's skin colour (caters to asian)

would repurchase if packaging was better for what you're paying for

8/10

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation should be named : medium, slightly glowy.
It's not really sheer ( medium coverage, can be built to full) and it's only a little bit glowy in finish. It is, however, fabulous.
Applied correctly, it looks gorgeous, wears all day and photographs beautifully. It's designed to work with the heat of your body so best warmed in your palm and then applied section by section, with fingers, rather than with a brush or sponge. Applying with a brush can make it look heavy and accentuate pores and lines.
Suits combination skins well- can look too dry on a dry skin. They would be better off with the radiant cream compact.
I personally love this makeup for its versatile nature- it mixes well with liquid Bronzers etc and wears well. Not as long wearing as the new all day luminous weightless but a really gorgeous soft touch finish. One of the best on the market. Only lost a star because I'd like it to wear longer without touch ups, but I'm really being fussy. Overall this is a staple product for me, and I'm on my sixth bottle, so that says a lot!

Video Reviews & Tutorials