July 29, 2014 | 1205 users online

Powder - Clinique - Superbalanced powder makeup (spf 15) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by kat71283

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very good powder foundation. Coverage is adjustable. You can apply for light to medium coverage. I usually use 2 full "rounds." I love how it's SPF 15! Controls the shine in my T-zone. Yes, it's pricey ($35), but it's very long lasting. I bought mine 2 months ago, and it's still going! All I use is this and Clinique's concealer to even out the skin tone on my face. I love this powder b/c it works for a girl-on-the-go like me! The only thing I didn't like was the itty-bitty brush that came w/ it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2010 5:28:00 AM More reviews by whatthefrig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I generally like this product very much. I have it in the shade Natural 02 which suits me to a T. The packaging isn't really "original" as many people state, it was first found in the Smashbox Halo powder, but I digress. I like that you can sort of bring a "loose powder" in your bag without it making a mess all over. I apply it with an Ecotools powder brush (do not use the included brush, it sucks!) and it gives a nice soft matte finish with light coverage (can build up to about a medium). On the contrary to other powders which leave a powdery feel on your skin, this just melts into your skin like a liquid foundation, which is very nice. My forehead and nose can get quite oily, but I think this controls it pretty good, but not very good. Also, this contains 18 grams of powder, so it will last a long time. You only need to turn the dial a little to cover your entire face.
    If you want a daytime, light foundation, this one's a keeper!
    Go get it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by kimmyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this product for about 3-4 months and absolutely loved it. For reference, I have dry-normal skin, nc30 and had this in 02. It was actually rec to me by a Sephora SA because I wanted something light on my face. There are a few things I like about this foundation. One, the design, you can control how much powder you use (ingenious). Two, it feels lightweight on my skin and looks natural. Three, it does not exacerbate my dry skin and gives me a really nice finish. However, I did not like the smell this foundation had... I can't really describe it, but it was faint. I also didn't like the price ($35!). I would say that it has been the best mineral foundation I have used, but it is too pricey for me

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2010 12:21:00 PM More reviews by LuxTenebrae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have extremely oily skin and was recommended this product to use as a stand alone by a Clinque counter rep because she felt using a liquid foundation with a powder ultimately wouldn't help with my oiliness. Usually three applications of this powder gives me moderate coverage and a flawless finish. It feels light and definitely helps with controlling oil...until about an hour or so later. I find I either have to re-apply the powder or just swipe my Clinique bronzer/powder brush over my face to absorb some of the oil. I just recently bought Smashbox's Photo Finish Light Primer and am going to use that under this powder and see if it makes a difference, which according to reviews of the Photo Finish Primer, it will.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by coconutbanana

This is definitely my HG powder foundation!!! This powder is so finely milled that it leaves you with a satin flawless finish, without this cakey effect. It keeps the t-zone oil-free and at the same time locks in moisture so you wont be ending up with those dry patches. My skin gets pretty oily throughout the day but this powder keeps everything at bay - I only have to blot once a day (I have to blot 4 times with other powders). I usually use it as a setting powder after applying a very thin layer liquid foundation (skin foundation by bobbi brown) but I also use it by itself on the days i sleep in :D I just love the coverage! You can apply it pretty sheer but its definitely buildable + it gives your this glowing from within look!
    I also have to admit, that since i'm using this powder my skin is a lot clearer and healthier (no black/white heads at all!), it's practically weightless and it does NOT clog the pores or anything. Also, it's good for your skin since its enriched with minerals and hydrating substances. I definitely recommend, especially for combination skins that are a bit on the sensitive side!
    P.S: The little brush is crap - use a kabuki or soft powder brush instead!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by ladiladila

I bought this product after wanting to try a new foundation.

I'm torn - as when I wear it normally I get compliments - but I don't see much difference - to me it's as if I wear a powder and not a great powder at that. I certainly don't see it gives great coverage to my skin at all.

That said, I do like the compact and it does distribute the product well, the colour is nice too.

But I'm back to my old Almost Powder Makeup for everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by nykat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For light to medium coverage this works average at best. On its own, I do not get a flawless-finish or anything but enough coverage to get by. If layered with other products the results are much better but since the review is just for Superbalnced alone I have to say "just OK." As far as minerals go this container rocks! It dispenses just the right amount that you control while keeping the unused portion completely sanitary....I love that feature. Overall, this is a keeper for me but definately not a stand-alone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well this stuff claims it will control oil/add moisture where needed but I know it didn't control any oil at all. I don't have dry skin so I can't say if it would help that matter but I know it didn't control oil in the T-zone. The coverage is light to moderate and because I have acne scars I defefitely needed a liquid/cream foundation under it. The packaging is clever, you depense a little at a time so that the rest of your powder isn't exposed to bacteria and oils from the brush. I give this to my sister as she has normal blemish free skin and she likes it. So if that's your case it could work but unfortuneatley it didn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by NirvanaxSunbeam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like that it has SPF 15 and I really like how the packaging lets you control how much you use; however, I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone with oilier skin, as it doesn't control oil very well and it made my face look patchy and uneven as my day wore on. Anyone without oily skin would probably like this product, but otherwise I don't think its a good investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by queenpant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite foundation at the moment as I pass my Stila-40 Watts, Silk Naturals, Smashbox Function 5, Borghese Mineral Powder, and Tarte Provocateur to use it again and again. The only thing I like better is Laura Mercier's Mineral Foundation--but who can afford that?. It was a little tough to start the shaving process, but once I got it started it has been a dream. I love that you can measure how much you will use. This is a very natural makeup which has fairly good coverage and blends very well. I do use concealer and a BB on my dark spots before I apply the Clinque. However, I do think I need a little more glow than this product provides.