August 1, 2014 | 1024 users online

Lip Treatments - Fresh - Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Don't buy this if you want full-colour lipstick or gloss. That's not what this product is. It is a tinted balm, and as such it provides only a sheer wash of colour. Now with that said, I really love this as a tinted balm. It is a perfect light pink shade that just gives my lips a tiny bit of enhancing colour and a dewey finish. If I layer it, it's more of a berry shine. It is very versatile and is the perfect addition to a natural face or to balance out a strong eye. Like many, I got a sample of this in the Sephora birthday gift set last year. I went through that tiny tube very, very quickly and then went out and bought the full size. I also bought it in Coral (love that one too, separate review to come). A few months later, I lost the Rose tube and missed it enough that I went and bought another one. Of course, right after that purchase, I found my first tube again! So, now I have two and they get a fair bit of use.

Other pros include SPF, a decent amount of moisturization, a soft, light feel, and a taste and smell that I quite enjoy. The guy I'm seeing now really likes the taste too, every time he kisses me when I'm wearing it he comments that I taste "sweet" or "delicious" or "like sugar". So, man approved. :) It is also literally the best lip product packaging I've ever seen, the screw-top is genius and I love the look.

Cons are the price, not the most long lasting (but about the same as any other tinted balm), and the tendency to get mushy in hot weather. I suggest keeping it in a purse or jacket pocket, instead of a pants pocket up against your skin; I find that keeps it from melting.

As I mentioned, I have already bought again once. In theory I would continue to buy it, but the price IS kind of stupid for what you're getting. I'll be looking for a comparable cheaper product. Otherwise I might wait for Sephora sales (Friends & Family or VIB) to buy it as needed.

EDIT: Gah! So apparently Fresh tests on animals. :/ No more Fresh lip treatments for me. I am thus changing my "buy again." Take that as you will.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by zeppelin15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

A lot of people criticize the lack of colour payoff in this product. Yes, this product is very sheer. Hence it being labelled as a lip treatment rather than a lipstick. However, that being said, I was actually surprised that quite a bit of colour transferred to my lips!

I suppose I wasn't expecting much colour in the first place (and chose this particular one over the others due to the pink packaging), so it was a nice surprise to see the result. It gives my lips what my friends refer to as a "French" look - very natural and classic. Keep in mind that my lips are very pale naturally. I have a friend with snow white, "just bitten" lips and this colour would most definitely not show up on her.

The actual product itself works magnificently. By far the best lip treatment I've tried (better than that carmex gunk). As a person with VERY dry skin/lips, I've noticed a huge difference since using this product. The product has a very soft, silky finish, which I appreciate in a lip balm (over that waxy feeling). My mother has the regular version of this product (in the brown tube), and when using hers, I do notice a difference in the products. If you're not interested in the tint of this lip treatment, I'd opt for the original - it was much more nourishing to the lips. This leaves me conflicted for my next tube.... I'm not sure which to purchase next. If it weren't for the steep price, I'd buy both... plus the plum one!

Further bonuses of the product: It comes in a sturdy, screw-on lid, guaranteeing it won't open up in your purse and get tiny hairs stuck on it. Plus, it smells AMAZING. Like pink lemonade on a warm summer's day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by boara94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this product at first. However, recently I've been using it with my benetint and it's the perfect combination!!! It looks natural and just so pretty! Love it! The spf is a huge plus in my books! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by opus79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this product as a gift and it took me about 2 years to finish it! I really liked the color, it was definitely enough color for my lips. I remember this product started melting in my bad on a hot summer day, but since the packaging is metal it cools down really quickly when u leave it against the AC.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by rachelinannarbor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure whether I'd repurchase this.

Pros: SPF 15, pretty (although faint) color, no weird taste

Cons: barely any color, doesn't seem to last any longer or do more than Chapstick

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by envee54

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am addicted to their lip balms but can't rationalize spending $22.50 for tinted (awesome) chap stick. I've been looking for something comparable for when my current supply runs out and I think I found an answer with Bonniebell lipblush it's not the exact same but close. Same ingredients and less than $3!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by ChloeYoung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lip blam is a total failure. It's only 65 degrees out and it's melting like crazy. No surprize it broke in the middle during my first glide on the lips. now it is a hot mess in a slick tube. What a waste of money. Smith rosebud salve is a much better rose lip balm and much cheaper.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by DFcupcake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I truly hate the taste of this. To me, it tastes like furniture polish. This is a huge pet peeve of mine. Hate the balm stains and baby lips for the same reason. Blech.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by tualmarebelde

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why this product gets so many rave reviews. It dried my lips out to the point of peeling. At times it was like putting raw rubbing alcohol on my lips. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by sullyPDX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I use several Fresh products and had high expectations for this lip treatment. I like the idea of a tinted lip balm with SPF, so this seemed to fit the bill. I chose the featured best-seller, Rosť. Sadly, it didn't live up to my expectations. I am quite fair and I could barely see the tint. To add insult to injury, my lips did not feel at all moisturized. A double fail. I've now been using it over another plain lip balm, which weakens the color even more. Sadly, I won't be purchasing this product again.